PDA

View Full Version : Wendell Wallace and GRT House Car Team Eye Another Topless 100 Title

DelphComm
08-13-2019, 09:02 PM
Wendell Wallace and GRT House Car Team Eye Another Topless 100 Title

(BATESVILLE, ARKANSAS) Wendell Wallace and the GRT House Car team are eying the biggest event of their season this weekend (August 15-17), as the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series invades Batesville Motor Speedway to preside over the 27th Annual 'Topless 100.' A pair of $5,000 to win preliminary events will kick off the three-day extravaganza on Thursday and Friday of this week, while a whopping $40,000 top prize will be on the line on Saturday evening for the winner of the crown jewel topless main event. Each starter in the 100-lap field will receive at least $2,000 for their efforts. In total, this year's 'Topless 100' purse at the Locust Grove, Arkansas facility exceeds $185,000.

Wendell, who captured his only 'Topless 100' title back in 1998 while piloting the famed GRT House Car, will look to rekindle the magic to score another lucrative victory at the nearby speedplant. The newly-formed team, which has only entered six events together since they debuted over the Memorial Day holiday weekend, comes into the 'Topless 100' with a little momentum following a third place podium effort in their last contest - the $5,000 to win 'Will McGary Memorial' at I-30 (AR) Speedway back on August 3. You can learn more about the 'Topless 100' at www.lucasdirt.com and you can watch LIVE all weekend at www.lucasoilracing.tv.

"I feel good about this upcoming weekend at Batesville and I'm really looking forward to driving the GRT House Car again in front of the hometown fans," quoted Wallace earlier today. "We got the car a lot better the last time out at Little Rock and I think we have a good piece heading into this weekend. It would be neat to put the GRT House Car back into victory lane in the Topless 100 like we did back in 1998 and everyone involved with the team will work as hard as possible to give it a shot. I have to thank GRT Race Cars Inc., Hollis Farms, Merrill Bonding Company, Penske Racing Shocks, Swift Springs, and Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, along with all of our other product sponsors, for their continued support and dedication to the #GRT1 team!"

💻 www.WendellWallace.com