PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Carpenter

millermw
08-18-2019, 03:53 PM
If you get a chance, watch his victory interview after winning the Butterball. It’s on DOD. It’s refreshing to see someone so excited.

Spanky44
08-18-2019, 04:29 PM
When drivers got to say how poor they are, I lose respect for them. It's not like a lot of others aren't in the same shoes, they just got about their own business.

Dlmfan123
08-18-2019, 04:32 PM
Tyler is the greatest interview in late model racing, every time

t3r3e3
08-18-2019, 05:12 PM
When drivers got to say how poor they are, I lose respect for them. It's not like a lot of others aren't in the same shoes, they just got about their own business.

The Carpenters literally came from nothing and have put all their nickles into the business and racing. They’ve been pretty successful at it too. Basically the opposite of the Bronson’s, Terbo’s and Zeigler’s of the DLM world.

Drop Shock
08-18-2019, 07:49 PM
I don’t like some of their antics sometimes but you can’t deny the success. Fast Freddie and his boys pulled some serious junk to the races for a long time, pretty cool to see what they’ve done for themselves

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-18-2019, 08:02 PM
I feel the same. They had rough stuff and didn't look like they knew what to do with the controls in the car either. But, they have their stuff together these days. I can sure respect their hustle and how far they have come.

NormP
08-18-2019, 08:31 PM
He's the man to beat every time he comes to Richmond.

Jking24
08-18-2019, 08:34 PM
I don't feel like he's playing the three poor card like some of the bigger guys i just think he's emotional. He didn't say we're doing more with less he just said he came from nothing. While I'm not a big fan of English i think it would of been great for any one of those top three to win. All good regional drivers that 20k could do alot four their program

Zonks32x
08-18-2019, 09:00 PM
Doesn't Terbo's family run a septic business? If racing is how they want to spend the hard-earned family dime, then more power to 'em.

I wouldn't call that a glorious silver-spoon upbringing. Chance to make big $$ sure...but you're gonna earn every dollar.
Nobody tells their kindergarten teacher they want to pump $#!@ for a living.

foxfire2dirtracing
08-18-2019, 09:45 PM
The Erb family business is not a honey wagon service !

Kryptonite17
08-18-2019, 10:00 PM
He was all kinds of fired up after that win. The young man has always had a lot of raw talent driving wise but he’s really matured as a driver. Heck of a win over a very stout field of drivers.

zyoung25
08-19-2019, 01:05 AM
I didn't used to care for Tyler, but he's made a fan out of me because of what they have came from. We need more of his kind out there IMO

bleedblue55
08-19-2019, 07:01 AM
I make it a point of going over and wishing Tyler and Freddie good luck when they're at the race I attend. Always working on their cars, definitely not kicking back in the toter home they don't have. Other teams might out shine them with all their fancy crap but few teams will out work them. That work ethic has earned my respect over the years. Raw and unrefined interviews are refreshing.

Madcat
08-19-2019, 08:13 AM
I didn't used to care for Tyler, but he's made a fan out of me because of what they have came from. We need more of his kind out there IMO

Ditto. Used to truly dislike the whole group and their baggage at the track. We've seen them wreck good cars to win, tear up peoples stuff, get special treatment on tracks they promoted, etc.

Now however, we cheer for them at all the big races they run. They cleaned up their acts and are a real race team all around.

They are smart about it too, racing different races, winning or taking several top 3 places about everywhere they go.

This is awesome and I am very happy for them. 2

rdcllk
08-19-2019, 10:39 AM
Is Donnie Moran still helping them? Did he ever drive for them? Read on here he was going to
Congrats on there big win

TeNfOMaFiA69
08-19-2019, 12:12 PM
Is Donnie Moran still helping them? Did he ever drive for them? Read on here he was going to
Congrats on there big win

Judging by his victory lane pics, that boy couldn’t pull out of the driveway...

dirty-white-boy
08-19-2019, 12:25 PM

I tend to agree. Hes not out there racing with Dub Barnhouse's 15 year old Rayburn car. He still has enough money to field a car or 2 so that better than 98% of the rest of us. Maybe he is T-mac's brother from another mother.

Dlmfan123
08-19-2019, 12:53 PM
Is Donnie Moran still helping them? Did he ever drive for them? Read on here he was going toCongrats on there big winHe has a car at his shop from what I understand, i think him helping Freddie was just in Florida.

foxfire2dirtracing
08-19-2019, 01:01 PM
It would be awesome to see Donnie in that car for the World 100.
The return of Birky & Moran both would be incredible!
🏁🏁

Rocal145
08-19-2019, 01:44 PM
thats the thing about victory lane... after you put in all that money and hard work into a win, you never think about pulling out.

Paradox28
08-19-2019, 04:20 PM
https://www.facebook.com/KryptoniteRaceCars/videos/383911392320112/ for those that couldn't see the interview on DoD

zyoung25
08-19-2019, 06:06 PM
It would be awesome to see Donnie in that car for the World 100.
The return of Birky & Moran both would be incredible!


Donnie spotted me wearing one of his shirts at the N/S, and we had about 10 mins convo. He said he will not be racing til the of end of Sept or early October. He said he was still about a month out on getting the car finished. It was cool to get to talk to my childhood hero.

His son Tristan is getting married the week of the world, so there won't be a Moran in the pits.

fastford
08-19-2019, 07:15 PM
just watched the video , thanks parodox28 , that was neat as h3ll , and compared to some of the money he out ran , he probably is a ole poor azz red neck.....congrats to them all........

foxfire2dirtracing
08-19-2019, 08:51 PM
Zyoung25
Good Information-- Thanks!!