2.9 average finish
3 fast times
6 heat wins
6 races led
200 laps led
$164,276 in feature earnings

dirtcrazy4u
08-25-2019, 08:35 AM
BS and team blue are the best team out there. Both CBR cars, along with BS, start top 6 and the outcome was so lopsided. Fell bad for CBR team drivers and Norris. That kid can hold his head hi. Most tracks he has never seen and did a outstanding job. I'll say it. Josh Richards won't be back in that seat next year, that had to be embarrassing to start side by side and just keep losing spots while the same car wins.

TerryM
08-25-2019, 08:57 AM
Yet DOD has moved Chris Madden to the #1 spot lol.

Dlmfan123
08-25-2019, 09:08 AM
BS and team blue are the best team out there. Both CBR cars, along with BS, start top 6 and the outcome was so lopsided. Fell bad for CBR team drivers and Norris. That kid can hold his head hi. Most tracks he has never seen and did a outstanding job. I'll say it. Josh Richards won't be back in that seat next year, that had to be embarrassing to start side by side and just keep losing spots while the same car wins.Richards started 12th

Highside Hustler25
08-25-2019, 09:09 AM
Yet DOD has moved Chris Madden to the #1 spot lol.

DoD is a wealth of information but the late model rankings are comic book material.

TerryM
08-25-2019, 09:11 AM
Oh I love DOD, and their rankings are usually at least kind of accurate, but moving Madden to #1 was definitely a “prisoner of the moment” reaction.

Illtsate32
08-25-2019, 09:49 AM
Remote control shocks and trick 5th coils, that car could be radio controlled without a driver in the seat at all and still win...

Dlmfan123
08-25-2019, 10:18 AM
Terry m if it’s truly a “power ranking” then madden should of been 1st after cedar lake or even Florence

Josh Bayko
08-25-2019, 10:28 AM
DoD is a wealth of information but the late model rankings are comic book material.

Those rankings just voted on. There’s no real formula behind it. Taking them seriously is kinda silly when it’s opinion based.

Barbecueboy
08-25-2019, 12:05 PM
There are lots of opinions in racing that I almost completely ignore every time.

The folks at DOD are not in that club......they get it right more times than not.

Barbecueboy
08-25-2019, 12:07 PM
Remote control wine press to mash those sour grapes.......lmao.

And they wonder why?

SDLM Rankings
08-26-2019, 08:51 AM
American Dirt Late Model Rankings, https://twitter.com/ADLM_Rankings

Josh Bayko
08-26-2019, 09:21 AM
Remote control shocks and trick 5th coils, that car could be radio controlled without a driver in the seat at all and still win...

If you you knew half as much as you think you do, you might have actually graduated middle school.

jog49
08-26-2019, 09:25 AM
"Terry m if it’s truly a “power ranking” then madden should of been 1st after cedar lake or even Florence"

You would have to think had Madden been at the Dirt Million this past weekend, and judging by his recent performance, he would have been one of the favorites to win it.

Bob Hubbard
08-26-2019, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the stats

chupp n bloomer fan
08-26-2019, 12:36 PM

Remote control wine press to mash those sour grapes.......lmao.

And they wonder why?

If you you knew half as much as you think you do, you might have actually graduated middle school.But were the haters. If it was his boy winning all these races, it’s on pure skill, junk car, all talent.

But oh no, it’s the most professional team out there kicking butt. They have something no one else has.

Must be dam good edibles.

Illtsate32
08-26-2019, 02:54 PM
Well CnB you said it not me, your conscious is talking to you. My "boy"has won multiple crown jewel events in a family father son operation, lol how many races has Richards won since leaving that ride...I rest my case the car makes careers it's a fact. Are you guys blind or do you just love to hate me that much to defy me,even in the face of the facts? How many series races have Brandon, Steve, and his grandfather won in their family car, let alone crown jewels? I rest my case again....sheeesh

waaac77
08-26-2019, 03:31 PM
It's been debated here many times and concluded that the DoD rankings are NOT a yearly based ranking, just off of what they have done lately.

I would think even if it was based off the whole season that Madden should still be #1. Winning USA Nationals, North/South and Topless are 3 huge races with most of the best competition there. Especially at Cedar Lake where they seem to get everyone from WoO and Lucas Oil. In my mind, if you can beat the best 3 times in a row at those 3 races you have pretty much made your case for a #1 ranking for the year.

Bshep has countless wins against 2, maybe 3 other cars that can compete with him. He did win the Dream and the Million but the Dream is just one race (Madden won 3) and the Million was not a good race. Wonder what may have happened if the track wouldn't have locked down so early.

I'd say Madden has had a better year than Sheppard. Still more big races to go but will be great to see if Madden can keep it up or if BShep can show he belongs at #1. Only way to show that is to win against the best.

Josh Bayko
08-26-2019, 03:37 PM
Well CnB you said it not me, your conscious is talking to you. My "boy"has won multiple crown jewel events in a family father son operation, lol how many races has Richards won since leaving that ride...I rest my case the car makes careers it's a fact. Are you guys blind or do you just love to hate me that much to defy me,even in the face of the facts? How many series races have Brandon, Steve, and his grandfather won in their family car, let alone crown jewels? I rest my case again....sheeesh

You don’t know any facts. That’s why nobody here respects anything you post.

TerryM
08-26-2019, 04:56 PM
It's been debated here many times and concluded that the DoD rankings are NOT a yearly based ranking, just off of what they have done lately.

I would think even if it was based off the whole season that Madden should still be #1. Winning USA Nationals, North/South and Topless are 3 huge races with most of the best competition there. Especially at Cedar Lake where they seem to get everyone from WoO and Lucas Oil. In my mind, if you can beat the best 3 times in a row at those 3 races you have pretty much made your case for a #1 ranking for the year.

Bshep has countless wins against 2, maybe 3 other cars that can compete with him. He did win the Dream and the Million but the Dream is just one race (Madden won 3) and the Million was not a good race. Wonder what may have happened if the track wouldn't have locked down so early.

I'd say Madden has had a better year than Sheppard. Still more big races to go but will be great to see if Madden can keep it up or if BShep can show he belongs at #1. Only way to show that is to win against the best.
Wow ... you must really hate BShepp!

Barbecueboy
08-26-2019, 05:00 PM
And he still wonders why???

Remote control shocks,lmao.......maybe " his boy" ( those are his words) should spend a little more time doing an extra bolt check or twelve.....doesn't seem like they are on kill anymore with the confidence level......that picture in the pits from this weekend had some not so great body language going on in it.

Something is fixin to change........

Barbecueboy
08-26-2019, 05:05 PM
Dam people are stupid.......have an opinion other than what the 4m royalty has and you instantly become a hater.

Just because people don't agree with you doesn't make them a hater of your guy.......more just a hater of you.

Jking24
08-26-2019, 08:57 PM
So the argument is b shepp is nothing without the 1 car well just curious if you take away all of chris's wins in the zero car who has won more races this year ? And now he won the dream but that didn't really count and he won the million but that was a bad race. If team zero could keep their head in the game maybe they could accomplish something but the blue number one just keeps on working and doing their job while more shenanigans at team zero. But those three wins outway a whole season. And to be clear that was not a shot at bloomquist accident or chris injury just the general lack of organization and professionalism that follows this team and nothing looks to be improving

Zonks32x
08-26-2019, 09:34 PM

"I'll believe that when me $#!@ turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert" - Captain O'Hagen

moosie34
08-26-2019, 10:48 PM
Is there even an argument that bshep is the best driver in dirt late models right now? Absolutely not. A few things to consider though. They also have the best car, best crew, and the largest notebook you could possibly think of.

TerryM
08-27-2019, 06:16 AM
At the beginning of this month, everyone was comparing this BShepp season to JD’s historical 2015 season. At that point Madden had a total of one win for the entire year. Yes, Madden’s current streak is awesome, but he only beat BShepp in one of those races (and Shepp finished 3rd in that one). Madden gets the edge in August, but it’s the two of them together who are above the rest right now. They’ve run a total of 7 August races with 5 wins and two 3rds. And the next time they face off is for The Globe. Can’t wait!

Barbecueboy
08-27-2019, 07:06 AM
Everyone was not comparing bshepps season to jd s season of 15..... come on man.

Your point can be made without that kind of embellished nonsense.

Bshepp being number 1 is an opinion a lot of people have

waaac77
08-27-2019, 12:42 PM
There were some comments on here after the Dream that BShep was going to have a year like JD in 2015 but obviously that isn't happening. I give Madden the slight edge right now because he won 3 races in a row against very good competition. BShep and Madden were at Cedar Lake together and Madden passed him to win and BShep fell back to 3rd. Head to head, Madden won. I didn't mean to degrade the Dream, just the Million. Don't think you can count that race because it wasn't much of a race but Sheppard winning the Dream is huge but all his other wins are on the WoO tour. Need to see how the two of them do coming up in the World, Knoxville and the DTWC but as of now I give Madden the slight edge due to winning multiple major events as opposed to multiple touring events. That is just my opinion and I am not trying to criticize anyone who thinks differently... just my thoughts on the matter.

TUTY
08-27-2019, 12:55 PM
World Finals must count or I suppose not being it’s a WOO event? One guy had a hot 3 weeks and the other had a hot 7 months.

waaac77
08-27-2019, 01:14 PM
Tuty, no. The Finals has most guys there from both tours and very good competition. That is a lot different than a regular show. Are you to tell me that a regular World of Outlaws show, that has pretty much only Shane Clanton to give him any sort of a run for his money each night, is a good way to gauge his overall success against all LM drivers?

Jking24
08-27-2019, 03:13 PM
Tuty, no. The Finals has most guys there from both tours and very good competition. That is a lot different than a regular show. Are you to tell me that a regular World of Outlaws show, that has pretty much only Shane Clanton to give him any sort of a run for his money each night, is a good way to gauge his overall success against all LM drivers?i understand your point but for a large majority of those tour wins madden was their less not forget he ran the woo for most of the year and couldn't get the job done. I wish madden was their last week. I just don't think it's fair to say it shouldn't count because it wasn't a very good race everybody but madden was their and Sheppard beat them rubber or no rubber. Hands down their are no too better driver/car combos than madden/sb and Sheppard/rocket right now hopefully they get to race it out

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-27-2019, 03:32 PM
Everyone was not comparing bshepps season to jd s season of 15..... come on man.

Your point can be made without that kind of embellished nonsense.

Bshepp being number 1 is an opinion a lot of people have

The comparison has been bouncing around. In the dlm "media" even.

Dlmfan123
08-27-2019, 03:50 PM
Tuty, no. The Finals has most guys there from both tours and very good competition. That is a lot different than a regular show. Are you to tell me that a regular World of Outlaws show, that has pretty much only Shane Clanton to give him any sort of a run for his money each night, is a good way to gauge his overall success against all LM drivers?junghans, wiess Lanigan?? Are they just nobody’s now?

Zonks32x
08-27-2019, 04:11 PM
Just trying to follow some people's logic on this thread.

B-Shepp isn't good...and only wins b/c of the car!?!?

Yet somehow, he manages to win races at a higher % then anybody else who has driven the rocket house car.

If I may...
Donny Schatz is hands down the best sprint car driver in the world today. Some, may throw out a few other names as close 2nds, but it's Schatz and everyone else. Same with Lewis Hamilton in F1.

Schatz happens to pilot the best ride in sprint car racing and Hamilton drives the best ride in F1. Yes, they win b/c they're in good stuff, but they drive for the best teams in the world in their respective genre, b/c they're the best drivers in the world in their respective genre.

This is NOT hard to figure out.

At the end of the day, the best continue to prove they are simply that...the best.

When that is no longer the case, someone else will be in the seat.

waaac77
08-27-2019, 04:11 PM
Lanigan yes. Junghans is looking pretty good but has one win on the tour so far. Lanigan usually finishes anywhere from 5th - 10th no matter who is there and Weiss still is looking for his first checkered flag. I like the WoO tour and go every chance I get but it's no secret the tour isn't what it used to be.

waaac77
08-27-2019, 04:13 PM
Just trying to follow some people's logic on this thread.

B-Shepp isn't good...and only wins b/c of the car!?!?

Yet somehow, he manages to win races at a higher % then anybody else who has driven the rocket house car.

If I may...
Donny Schatz is hands down the best sprint car driver in the world today. Some, may throw out a few other names as close 2nds, but it's Schatz and everyone else. Same with Lewis Hamilton in F1.

Schatz happens to pilot the best ride in sprint car racing and Hamilton drives the best ride in F1. Yes, they win b/c they're in good stuff, but they drive for the best teams in the world in their respective genre, b/c they're the best drivers in the world in their respective genre.

This is NOT hard to figure out.

At the end of the day, the best continue to prove they are simply that...the best.

When that is no longer the case, someone else will be in the seat.

Realy? Schatz has won 9 or 10 Knoxville Nationals. The Knoxville Nationals is the biggest sprint car race in sprint car racing.

How many World 100s does BShep have?

waaac77
08-27-2019, 04:19 PM
I never said Bshep wasn't good.

Everyone on here is saying his WoO victories, Dream and Million are better than Madden's USA Nationals, North/South and Topless victories.

I think Madden's are better.

I still think Brandon Sheppard is a great racecar driver.

Barbecueboy
08-27-2019, 04:20 PM
The comparison has been bouncing around. In the dlm "media" even.

I've read those handful of write ups too , but to say at the beginning of this month "Everybody" was trying to make that comparison is just absurd.

And for the record, I'm one that thinks Bshep is the best dlm racer in the country this year......not the first time I've said it either.

Slinging
08-27-2019, 04:34 PM
I can tell you one thing....Bshepp works on the #1 just like his crew does...seen it with my own eyes...he don't just sit in the hauler...

Josh Bayko
08-27-2019, 06:21 PM
I never said Bshep wasn't good.

Everyone on here is saying his WoO victories, Dream and Million are better than Madden's USA Nationals, North/South and Topless victories.

I think Madden's are better.

I still think Brandon Sheppard is a great racecar driver.

So the fact that Madden couldn’t get out of his own way for half the year doesn’t matter?

Zonks32x
08-28-2019, 12:40 AM
Realy? Schatz has won 9 or 10 Knoxville Nationals. The Knoxville Nationals is the biggest sprint car race in sprint car racing.

How many World 100s does BShep have?

For starters it's really.

Second, sprints don't race 100 laps, so comparing the Knoxville Nationals to the World 100 is far from apples to apples. Anyone win the World 10 times??? You know the answer is NO!!

Different cars, track, format, drivers, etc. You will never see BShepp in a sprintcar and Donny can't do what Brandon can in a late model. Takes away nothing from either driver.

By your flawed rationale, Michael Waltrip is superior to Mario Andretti because he won Daytona more times than Mario won Indy!?!?

The point again, which I clearly made and believe you missed was the best drivers are in the best rides because they are the best. Otherwise, someone else would be in the seat.

Somehow you want to twist that into something completely different!?!?

Clearly, the discrepancy between the top drivers/teams in the DLM world is much closer than their sprintcar brethren.

Schatz like Kinzer before him is the undisputed "King" of the winged-warriors, where as we could fill 100 pages with who the "best" DLM driver is today, last week, this month, this year.

Debate aside, the fact remains that Brandon Sheppard is the
current driver of the best ride/team in the DLM world today, and he's done nothing but continually prove he's earned that seat.

Lastly, I can respect the fact you believe Madden's recent run tops what Brandon has done this year. I was sorry to see Chris get injured. Hope he's back soon. A competitive battle between multiple teams is good for the sport.

Barbecueboy
08-28-2019, 06:45 AM
Waltrip better than Andretti comparison was eye opening........another great post zonks.

hjr2
08-28-2019, 12:19 PM
Should be "Rocket House Car stats in Lucas Oil". Anybody would be brilliant in that car.

waaac77
08-28-2019, 12:29 PM
For starters it's really.

Second, sprints don't race 100 laps, so comparing the Knoxville Nationals to the World 100 is far from apples to apples. Anyone win the World 10 times??? You know the answer is NO!!

Different cars, track, format, drivers, etc. You will never see BShepp in a sprintcar and Donny can't do what Brandon can in a late model. Takes away nothing from either driver.

By your flawed rationale, Michael Waltrip is superior to Mario Andretti because he won Daytona more times than Mario won Indy!?!?

The point again, which I clearly made and believe you missed was the best drivers are in the best rides because they are the best. Otherwise, someone else would be in the seat.

Somehow you want to twist that into something completely different!?!?

Clearly, the discrepancy between the top drivers/teams in the DLM world is much closer than their sprintcar brethren.

Schatz like Kinzer before him is the undisputed "King" of the winged-warriors, where as we could fill 100 pages with who the "best" DLM driver is today, last week, this month, this year.

Debate aside, the fact remains that Brandon Sheppard is the
current driver of the best ride/team in the DLM world today, and he's done nothing but continually prove he's earned that seat.

Lastly, I can respect the fact you believe Madden's recent run tops what Brandon has done this year. I was sorry to see Chris get injured. Hope he's back soon. A competitive battle between multiple teams is good for the sport.

You're right, can't really compare sprints to lates with how different the races are and I did just read what I wanted to hear in your post I guess. Again though, I never said Bshep wasn't good. Most on here are saying his WoO victories, Dream and Million are better than Madden's recent string. I think Madden's are better but he does need to keep it up because we all know BShep will. We will see what happens in the coming months.

ImCryn2
08-28-2019, 12:54 PM
Should be "Rocket House Car stats in Lucas Oil". Anybody would be brilliant in that car.

Eckert didn't look so brilliant in it a few years back.

Barbecueboy
08-28-2019, 01:07 PM

That theory has already been debunked.......sorry.