PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Dirt Million

latemodelman
08-25-2019, 09:22 AM
I did not pay for the pay per view or go but thanks to a subscription to a out of country satellite company for $8 a month per tv I get 100,000 channels and all the pay per views and watched the dirt on dirt coverage. I thought the race was great and good announcing but the last 50 laps sucked and oh yea gotta love the hole in turn 3. Also a lot of good cars were taken out when Shirley hit the tire in turn 1. Overall I thought it was an A if the last 50 laps would have been like the first it would have been an A plus. Also you need to checkout Salina Speedway great racing on those highbanks. I love watching that track on Saturday on tv.

TerryM
08-25-2019, 10:11 AM
I did not pay for the pay per view or go but thanks to a subscription to a out of country satellite company for $8 a month per tv I get 100,000 channels and all the pay per views and watched the dirt on dirt coverage. I thought the race was great and good announcing but the last 50 laps sucked and oh yea gotta love the hole in turn 3. Also a lot of good cars were taken out when Shirley hit the tire in turn 1. Overall I thought it was an A if the last 50 laps would have been like the first it would have been an A plus. Also you need to checkout Salina Speedway great racing on those highbanks. I love watching that track on Saturday on tv.
Ok I’m gonna need to know what TV package you’re getting lol.

#FALSuperman
08-25-2019, 10:36 AM
An A?? Solid D+ from me since the first 40 laps were good.

I also want to know where you get that $8 monthly package lol.

JimBo
08-25-2019, 10:54 AM
Spill the beans. Where can we get the $8 TV package for 100,000 channels?

latemodelman
08-25-2019, 10:57 AM
The Players Klub on firestick you will need internet though

latemodelman
08-25-2019, 10:58 AM
Also you get all the new release movies and pay per views. As well as 10 to 12 countries tv channels. And all sports teams pretty good deal.

GrocMax
08-25-2019, 11:57 AM
Salina is usually a rubbered-up POS by feature time if they get a big mod, sprint, or late model show.

dirt crow
08-25-2019, 02:21 PM
I’m giving this years Dirt Million a F minus.

latemodelman
08-25-2019, 02:48 PM
Cardirt0 nope I updated mine and it has 83,329 channels that include 14 countries and all sports teams as well as racing and 24/7 channels plus 13,568 movies, pay per views and 3,200 live channels.

NY DIRT
08-25-2019, 04:11 PM
Great idea. great purse. great format. Event should be held at a facility that will provide a good racing surface because it will never happen at Mansfield...

jwel
08-25-2019, 05:40 PM
The Mansfield facility has so many things that the vast majority of dirt tracks would love to have. The only thing it needs that it doesn't have is a good track which is a fairly significant shortcoming. Wish they could get some of Port Royal's clay and give it another whirl but it is easy for me to spend other people's money.

Spanky44
08-25-2019, 07:29 PM
I heard Cody cant find anyone to work the track. It looked like the 2 guys they had were clueless. Going 2 mph to water the track and it all just runs to the bottom instead of picking up speed and hitting the surface with just enough for it to soak in before hitting it the next lap over and over.

Their water trucks are too small also. They were emptied in a few laps if that and took 25 mins to fill up.

3 wide
08-25-2019, 08:25 PM
I wonder if they know that you can rent real nice water trucks it's things like this that makes a difference.

3 wide
08-25-2019, 08:41 PM
That explains a lot about the track.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-25-2019, 08:45 PM
They need REAL CLAY. The pick I seen in my Google topics thing, my God. Darn near topsoil.

Sharon has the exact dirt Port Royal does. If Cody can get a long term deal at Mansfield or buy it, be something to look into.

Because right now, everything else is nice. But your track is a polar opposite.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-25-2019, 08:47 PM
I wonder if they know that you can rent real nice water trucks it's things like this that makes a difference.He could probably get a bigger local construction company to lease him one. Long as they could have their company all over it, and you give them shout outs. Probably for a good price.

mudinmybeer
08-25-2019, 09:43 PM
Anyone else notice the purse didn't go up Saturday night? Last year they made a big deal how the purse climbed up and said that the ticket sales, concessions etc.... got figured into the purse. That was the biggest crowd at Mansfield since its #backtodirt. Cody made out with a lot of money last night. Not sure whether he pocketed a big payday before hes done promoting Mansfield or if he did it to try and buy it/ extend the lease. But one thing is forsure the crowd was big and at $40 a ticket makes you wonder.

Dlmfan123
08-25-2019, 10:09 PM
The ticker at the start of the night it was 312k, and that crowd was much smaller then last year

Jking24
08-26-2019, 05:19 AM
The ticker did increase to i believe just short of 340,000. But on a side note what a night for those weaker woo drivers. They really snuck one in on the lucas guys. Four out of the top five and five out of the top ten. Also good night for rocket despite the fact their not that good of a car they just sell so many.......just saying

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-26-2019, 05:57 AM
The ticker did increase to i believe just short of 340,000. But on a side note what a night for those weaker woo drivers. They really snuck one in on the lucas guys. Four out of the top five and five out of the top ten. Also good night for rocket despite the fact their not that good of a car they just sell so many.......just saying

Some folks just have a nose for the rubber I guess.

3 wide
08-26-2019, 06:14 AM
Back at the end of May I went to the woo sprint race at Nashville they had rented the nicest water truck I've ever seen I can't remember the rental company they sold ever seat Saturday night that's 20 thousand.

YAWANNAGO
08-26-2019, 10:01 AM
How about the fact that no trash was removed from the stands all weekend? Really disappointing. The dust was terrible. We were sitting entering turn 1 and never saw turn 4 Thurs or Friday DUE TO THE DUST. Apparently according to the announcers we were about to get another dust bowl track again Saturday until some of the drivers complained. Pretty good features Thurs & Friday, but Saturday was choo choo racing. Overall average experience at best. Was there last year and the atmosphere was electric. This year there was no atmosphere... If there is another one, count me out.

foxfire2dirtracing
08-26-2019, 11:22 AM
Yawnnago
Agree with you! Been there 2 years now- just no atmosphere this year. Thursday/Friday great racing- terrible dust. Saturday- less dust-terrible racing. I don’t think there will be a next year. The trash wasn’t cleaned from the stands, dirt not blown off seating, trash barrels not emptied all weekend. I get the impression that Cody just wanted to get it over with &be done? I hope he returns because this is an excellent facility. Plenty of parking/camping- bathroom facilities are top notch. The format is good with awesome money for the teams. Largest 2nd place purse in late model history. I don’t think any race or track has been a total success after 2 years. With proper adjustments it “could” survive and become great. In fairness to Cody: this was the only race completed this year at Mansfield& they haven’t gotten the track prep figured out yet. The part I don’t understand is there was more than adequate security & parking attendants -but yet the seating areas were not cleaned all weekend.
I really do try to look at the positives and give the benefit of doubt, but unless you have very deep pockets you can’t make money leasing a track & only have 1 race a year.(mother nature’s doing)
He also has become a business partner with Bloomquist Racing-so I just think he gives it up. Will also add that 4m hasn’t been friendly to this event since the beginning. Cody is a very creative person when it comes to promoting- but we have to remember that he is a businessman as well. You can’t stay in business loosing money. Again, for many various reasons I hope Cody returns with Mansfield. With proper tweeting & adjustments it “could” be a great event.
Will I be there again: the back of my mind says probably so - I like to think the glass is half full instead of empty! But I also fully understand why others probably wouldn’t return.
I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. 🏁🏁

foxfire2dirtracing
08-26-2019, 11:25 AM
“Proper tweaking”

chupp n bloomer fan
08-26-2019, 12:21 PM
The ticker did increase to i believe just short of 340,000. But on a side note what a night for those weaker woo drivers. They really snuck one in on the lucas guys. Four out of the top five and five out of the top ten. Also good night for rocket despite the fact their not that good of a car they just sell so many.......just sayingNot that good of a car they just sell so many.

Let’s let that one sink in. Just doesn’t make any sense. It’s a performance driven business.

Jking24
08-26-2019, 12:48 PM
If my sarcasm wasn't blatantly obvious I apologize for any confusion

Kromulous
08-26-2019, 01:04 PM
Race of the year !!