PDA

View Full Version : Some people at races

Hoosier_Dirt
08-25-2019, 10:31 AM
Why do some people, especially newbies stand at the start of a race, and some during the race??!! I don't get it! Do they think the people behind them wanna see their backs? NO!! I can understand it somewhat if it's gonna be a close finish to a race, but geez people it's ridiculous!

No_Weak_Links
08-25-2019, 12:19 PM
Now we're down to bitching about fans who paid money, who are excited to cheer on their favorite racer, actually standing at the start of a race? Oh the horror.

t4g2
08-25-2019, 12:36 PM
you obviously don't sit in my section for pdc the whole section stands at the start of feature an stand the last 5 laps or so.

MRM
08-25-2019, 12:40 PM
Standing at the beginning of the race and on restarts is common practice at places like Bristol. Everybody else just stands up.

Hoosier_Dirt
08-25-2019, 12:54 PM
Now we're down to bitching about fans who paid money, who are excited to cheer on their favorite racer, actually standing at the start of a race? Oh the horror.

Let me know where your next race is and where you're sitting. I'll come stand right in front of you all night!

dirt crow
08-25-2019, 02:16 PM
I blame the announcers. “Get on your feet fans, wave at em, let em see you, this four wide salute is for you!!!” Hey that’s fine. But the announcers also needs to say sit down after the salute. They never do.

TS FAN
08-25-2019, 02:57 PM
I hated the standing but I haven't had to deal with it at Florence for years. It is what it is I guess.

TerryM
08-25-2019, 03:07 PM
There are obviously certain times a lot of the crowd is going to be on their feet, but if there’s not a reason to be standing and you’re doing it anyway, you have issues.

One Man Gang
08-25-2019, 03:20 PM
After I pay $20-$30 for 3-4 tickets to watch the race and a $umb!tch thinks he’s gonna stand and block my view I’ll tell him to sit his @$s down and if he don’t then I’ll sit him down

Mason87
08-25-2019, 04:10 PM
Sure you will buddy. Lol

Dirt Reynolds
08-25-2019, 04:14 PM
I once won a 7 on 1 streetfight. We kicked the sh!t out of that guy.

One Man Gang
08-25-2019, 04:22 PM
Sure you will buddy. Lol
You don’t know me Mason I might regret the h3ll out of it later that night or the next day but that’s a pet peeve I’ve always had was people standing up while the race is going on. The bleachers and chairs is where a$ses go not standing up for everybody behind them to look at.

153J
08-25-2019, 04:47 PM
i blame Hemorrhoids

#FALSuperman
08-25-2019, 04:49 PM
One way to resolve this issue...get seats at the top of bleachers, if possible.

golddirt
08-25-2019, 05:16 PM
How about just being respectful to those around you?!

Loobs_07
08-25-2019, 05:33 PM
how about..... just worrying about yourself

Mason87
08-25-2019, 05:39 PM
I paid for the ticket I'll stand up if I (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) well please and if some jackass like one man gang feels he can sit me down he'll be putting his teeth in his pocket.

Paradox28
08-25-2019, 05:41 PM
people who think they can put chairs in the middle of the bleachers are worse

One Man Gang
08-25-2019, 06:07 PM
Just tell me what track you attend Mason if I ever get the chance to visit it I’ll get on here and tell you where I’ll be sitting at

late model chaser
08-25-2019, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE=Paradox28;2283440]people who think they can put chairs in the middle of the bleachers are worse[/QUO

I agree!!!

TerryM
08-25-2019, 06:25 PM
I’ll be right there with you, One Man Gang. I guarantee they won’t be standing for long. People who are intentionally disrespectful are the worst!

Barbecueboy
08-25-2019, 06:36 PM
They aren't near as bad as people that think they have all the answers and get all pissy when they find out they really don't.

I'd like to see some of you bad asses "sit" some of these people down .....that in itself would be worth the price of admission.

Of course , you could always move and avoid the confrontation but that would be too easy I guess.

castone
08-25-2019, 06:37 PM
With you TerryM and One Man Gang - I may not be able to set them standing down myself, but I will get-er done. I pay my money to see a race, not someones as$ !

Chris Thomason
08-25-2019, 06:49 PM
A couple weeks back the wife asked a fella standin in front of her "Hey, how much did you pay to get in?" Of course he said whatever admission was. So she came back with "Yeah me too so how about you not stand in front of me!" Maybe you guys that understand how inconsiderate standin the whole time is, had a decent upbringin, and not afraid to point out another's stupidity can use that line some time.

B_K
08-25-2019, 06:59 PM
We’ve got us a full fledged message board tough guy fight.

Just how big a boy are you?

And for the record after the first couple of laps sit your a$$ down. Act like you’ve been somewhere before and weren’t raised by wolves.

TS FAN
08-25-2019, 07:00 PM
I guess i have been lucky. I have been to tracks all over Ohio, Ind and Ky and it never caused a big issue. We have had people stand at times and people always asked them to sit down, and they have. In fact some tracks ask fans to sit down if they see too much standing. Rising for an action moment happens from time to time, but just standing to be standing, haven't seen much of that in recent years.

Mason87
08-25-2019, 07:01 PM
Yes it is inconsiderate but the first thing is how about asking someone to sit nicely? I would have told your wife shove it and tell you to keep your b1tch in check.

Chris Thomason
08-25-2019, 07:07 PM
And we'd both been in Cullman county clink! Hahaha your 4m tough guy persona still isn't impressing anyone btw

One Man Gang
08-25-2019, 07:12 PM
I’ve been to tracks in about 12 different states and I swear it’s never been a problem anywhere except for at North Alabama that’s the worst place I’ve ever seen with people wanting to stand all night but I usually try to sit up on top row so it ain’t really a problem. I didn’t mean to sound like I was going to impersonate Stone Cold and start a battle royal in the bleachers I just meant I’m not paying to look at a$s all night unless I’m in a strip club

wfofan
08-25-2019, 07:12 PM
Top row of the lawn... Can't stand a stander....

Mason87
08-25-2019, 07:13 PM
Lol, not trying to impress you or anyone else. Maybe you shouldn't take your pet to the races.

B_K
08-25-2019, 07:18 PM
Thread delivers.

So far we’ve found a “man” with repressed anger that I’d bet still runs to mommy when his bluff is called. Probably easy as I’m guessing he still lives with her.

Continue.

TerryM
08-25-2019, 07:22 PM
If you aren’t a child, you shouldn’t have to be asked to sit down. Like someone else said, act like you’ve been there before.

Mason87
08-25-2019, 07:25 PM
Yes but to pop off at the mouth just shows how ignorant you are also.

One Man Gang
08-25-2019, 08:00 PM
Mason, I’m not completely ignorant but I’m no Einstein either I understand your definition of buying a ticket and doing what you want too with it I get it that’s your right nobody said it wasn’t but when I go to races I pay to watch the cars on the track not looking at people’s back and a$s. It’s all about being respectful to fellow fans. I’m sure you ain’t ignorant either you know what I mean you wouldn’t appreciate somebody blocking your view either and missing half the show you paid to see and obviously you’d tell them that too.

Barbecueboy
08-25-2019, 08:31 PM
I've never once been to a race where I've had to ask someone to sit down in front of me or been asked to sit down in front of anyone else....ever.

And I go to one every now and again.

Y'all making me chuckle with the Jerry,Jerry grandstand stuff....... like someone else said, there is a way to ask and a way to answer.......one kinda depends on the other.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-25-2019, 08:32 PM
I paid for the ticket I'll stand up if I (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) well please and if some jackass like one man gang feels he can sit me down he'll be putting his teeth in his pocket.Aren’t you just a selfish prick.

So I’ll get a spot in front of you and stand so you can’t see, sound cool?

I’d ask you to sit nicely, and then, I wouldn’t waste my time with your Mr Tough Guy BS. Go get security or officials or police, then you can give them your best UFC moves.

What happened to treating others as you want to be treated?

chupp n bloomer fan
08-25-2019, 08:37 PM
They aren't near as bad as people that think they have all the answers and get all pissy when they find out they really don't.

I'd like to see some of you bad asses "sit" some of these people down .....that in itself would be worth the price of admission.

Of course , you could always move and avoid the confrontation but that would be too easy I guess.Come on man. At most races, that isn’t an option. (To move). Or, sure, I’ll move, in front of them.

Cannot believe this is even an argument. I wouldn’t stand in front of anyone , I expect the same in return.

Start of the first heat of The World 100, and the start of the feature. Other than that, no. Watched my brother last night, won, drove very well, didn’t stand.

chupp n bloomer fan
08-25-2019, 08:40 PM
Yes it is inconsiderate but the first thing is how about asking someone to sit nicely? I would have told your wife shove it and tell you to keep your b1tch in check.

Lol, not trying to impress you or anyone else. Maybe you shouldn't take your pet to the races.Jesus. Hopefully you attend races in like Georgia and Alaska.

Can you have anymore of a tough guy attitude?

Mason87
08-25-2019, 08:49 PM
Lol, I dont have a tough guy attitude but I will deal with you the way you deal with me. No I dont stand during the races but I've done it just like others sometimes you get into it and stand. Like i said if you say hey man your blocking my view or anything respectful I'll apologize and sit my rear down. If you think you are gonna sit me down or speak to me like an idiot I'll handle that way to.

Barbecueboy
08-25-2019, 08:52 PM
I've never had it be a problem because either I'm respectful enough or the folks around me are respectful enough for it never to be a problem.....so I don't really view it as an issue.
Like anything else, When somebody is an idiot about it is where the issue comes in.

Barbecueboy
08-25-2019, 08:54 PM
Lol, I dont have a tough guy attitude but I will deal with you the way you deal with me. No I dont stand during the races but I've done it just like others sometimes you get into it and stand. Like i said if you say hey man your blocking my view or anything respectful I'll apologize and sit my rear down. If you think you are gonna sit me down or speak to me like an idiot I'll handle that way to.

I kinda knew what you meant, or at least was hoping I did......

B_K
08-25-2019, 09:09 PM
Jesus. Hopefully you attend races in like Georgia and Alaska.

Can you have anymore of a tough guy attitude?

Can’t speak for Alaska, but I wouldn’t advise that form of communication with the locals around here unless you’ve got bail money on hand and an eagerness to cash the check your mouth just wrote.

Mason87
08-25-2019, 09:13 PM
Nah not to worried about Georgia you guys are to busy trying to lay your sisters.

fryefan
08-25-2019, 09:22 PM
The people that do that are inconsiderate jerks. Too bad they did not have parents that taught them how to act in public.

B_K
08-25-2019, 09:23 PM
Internet bada$$, old weak stereotypes, you’re a fountain of entertainment.

No sister so I guess I’m out of luck. Although I do have some hot cousins......

Come on down whenever you’d like. We’re friendly until we’re not.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-25-2019, 09:24 PM
If u want to stand to watch the race go stand up top row!

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-25-2019, 09:37 PM
Go to lancaster sc track. They tell the fans to stand. Them dumb basturds sit in the isles where people got to get to there seats when theres a special show. Great track surface is only reason i go to the super late model shows

Zonks32x
08-25-2019, 10:14 PM
I have attended late model and sprint car specials across the Midwest and a handful of southern states.

Not one time, have I noticed an issue with fans standing/blocking other fans in the bleachers for extended laps.

I routinely see fans stand to wave on the drivers during the 4-wide and ocassionally...for the first lap or two of the feature, then they sit down.

We've all witnessed the occasional over-zealous fan who jumps up when their favorite driver passes another car or takes the lead, but that is hardly worth getting upset over, imho.

Don't tell me y'all down in "SEC" country don't jump to your feet and act the fool every d@mn time your football team gets a 1st down, or scores a TD, so it's a little much to believe anyone gets their Duluth firehose boxers in a bunch b/c someone gets excited at a dirt track.

It'a a dirt track, not a fancy restaurant, ballet recital or symphony hall. Let's not pretend that our local Saturday night speedways are bastions of manners, etiquette, and high class society.

I expect the smell of race fuel, loud cars, bad food, broken P.A. systems, restrooms with no TP, and dirt in the beer. If I expect more than that, I would NEVER drive home happy.

B_K
08-26-2019, 05:17 AM
First downs? Nope we expect those. We may high five our neighbor upon a TD though. There’s a difference between standing during an action packed moment and standing the entire time.

Nobody is looking to go to a ballet recital, but if you’re tall and a wife or kid is behind you, they can’t see even if they do stand. If it’s a moment of action, get excited. If it’s lap 14 and the leader is by himself, sit the flip down.

Also, look into Saxx boxers. You're welcome.

bleedblue55
08-26-2019, 06:14 AM
Sitting down after the pace laps and before the green was always been a common courtesy at dirt tracks. That has gone away at some places over the years. People in general just aren't as respectful toward others as they used to be. I'd like to be able to blame certain types or ages but rude and inconsiderate are the common trait.

fastford
08-26-2019, 10:33 AM
thank you guys , and maybe gals , for giving me a good ole dreary monday morning laugh , and mason87 , thats some pretty foul talk your doing about some ones old lady , i have met both of them and your comments are un called for....dont worry chris , i will be more than glad to pay your bail and there is plenty of people that will pay mine to if need be.........

JimBo
08-26-2019, 11:33 AM
I thought this was a Racing message board but it seems as though it's turned into a whining, b!tching, and I'm a gonna whop your a$$ board. lol

No_Weak_Links
08-26-2019, 11:37 AM
I thought this was a Racing message board but it seems as though it's turned into a whining, b!tching, and I'm a gonna whop your a$$ board. lol

Thank you this was my point in the second post. All the bitching about EVERYTHING....now it's even came to people standing. Then all the Billy badasses get on behind a keyboard and threaten to whip everybody. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) joke.

TS FAN
08-26-2019, 12:11 PM
Here is what I suspect. Mason 87 just got himself in a box with a post that I will bet that he wishes he hadn't made. I do not know him, but I just sense that. So maybe we all should think about letting him off the hook. His post took him a lot farther than he wanted to go. I have made that mistake in the past. Learned from it.

foxfire2dirtracing
08-26-2019, 12:21 PM
TS FAN

You very well could be right?
If so- he could man-up & apologize- it wouldn’t make him less of a person or a man. If he gets repercussions from it-as of now it’s deserving. He does have the opportunity to correct or re-direct his previous statements. Just another example of thinking about ones comments before hitting the keyboard. He may not be a bad person in reality- but he has some folks viewing his comments now.

Mason87
08-26-2019, 12:22 PM
No box really dont care. Lol and fastford go blow yourself. Oh no I may get banned. Lol

chupp n bloomer fan
08-26-2019, 12:28 PM
Here is what I suspect. Mason 87 just got himself in a box with a post that I will bet that he wishes he hadn't made. I do not know him, but I just sense that. So maybe we all should think about letting him off the hook. His post took him a lot farther than he wanted to go. I have made that mistake in the past. Learned from it.

No box really dont care. Lol and fastford go blow yourself. Oh no I may get banned. LolGoing with that’s a no TS lol.

But his response to me is what I felt he meant. Speak to me like crap, you can go fly a kite. Be cool, we’re good.

Well man, you are on a roll. Over stuff that shouldn’t even be an argument.

Though yes, never had an issue with it myself. Just some of them ridiculous over the top chairs. That you should be stopped from bringing in. Packed house and you’re taking up two rows. Not going to lie, if I can’t move my legs to where they straddle your chair, hope ya like knees.

ZERO25
08-26-2019, 04:13 PM
Nah not to worried about Georgia you guys are to busy trying to lay your sisters.

They're the toughest. First, they gotta kick the dads and uncles off first! :)

fastford
08-26-2019, 06:11 PM
that was a great come back there mason87 , i digress.......however i probably use to could have , but the ole fellow done drew up on me some in my older days.....lol...

fastford
08-26-2019, 06:14 PM
we have probably all been guilty of this at one time or another , i go with at first , ask politely , then what ever you got to do i suppose.....

Barbecueboy
08-26-2019, 06:21 PM
The velvet hammer approach.......I like it fast ford.

formercrewguy
08-26-2019, 07:19 PM
I've noticed that Pierce fans are the standers mostly...…………...

B_K
08-26-2019, 07:31 PM
They're the toughest. First, they gotta kick the dads and uncles off first! :)

Whatever works as long as we don’t end up with a fata$$, square faced, pasty corn queen.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-26-2019, 10:09 PM
ZERO25 married his seester!😁😁

welderron105
08-27-2019, 06:33 PM
The standers in front of you are usually the ones who wont remove their hat for the National Anthem.

ZERO25
08-27-2019, 07:40 PM
ZERO25 married his seester!

Wrong again Ernie.....it was my cuzn! Gotta keep it in the family! :)

brsteg
08-28-2019, 12:12 PM
This thread just shows you how ugly people are anymore. There's no reason to stand and block someone's view during green flag racing. Including if your driver is moving up and banging the cushion. You absolutely can cheer just as hard in your seat, and not affect anyone else. Bobby isn't going to see you under green, he's busy. (Just picking Bobby, seen others do it)

Their are ques where everyone will jump up like a big crash (still doesn't make sense to me) or an exceptionally good race in the last 5 or so laps.

But if you are standing, hooting, and ruining someone else's experience; you aren't passionate and having fun your just an arse. Thankfully there's not a ton of them, but there does seem to be more.

If you are saying that someone is whining because they want to be able to see the race without standing the whole time (which several folks actually can not do) then you are an arse too.

However, if it's during yellow or intermission or whatever down time and folks are standing and stretching their legs and back and you complain about them and tell them to sit during those time, you are the arse. If you want to jump up and scream and clap for your driver after a yellow comes out and he's been on a roll; then is the time... and Bobby might see you, if you complain about that; yelp you are the arse. AND if there is a clump of people standing and someone directly in front of you is forced to stand, and you single them out and expect them to sit and not see then you are the arse.

It's common sense and courtesy, but folks are more and more about themselves (while in the mainstream some try to claim the collective is better than the one, yet here is the trend). You add some beers to certain folks, and they turn into ugly people. {Some folks can drink and they are still alright, but I think alcohol probably lowers your ability to control yourself and however a drunk acts is probably that person's true self. Some want to make love, some want to fight everyone.}