PDA

View Full Version : Race track food

Dlmfan123
08-25-2019, 11:01 AM
What race tracks have your favorite food and what is it? My favorites are eldora pizza burger, Mansfield pepper jack Mac and cheese bites and a chocolate shake from Tyler county.

Josh Bayko
08-25-2019, 11:36 AM
Boylan’s pork chop sandwiches at various races and tracks through the year.

zyoung25
08-25-2019, 12:04 PM
Golden Isle had some really good food. Florence has a BBQ joint that comes in every now and that will help you pack on some pounds.

Barbecueboy
08-25-2019, 12:10 PM
East bay .....fresh strawberries, home made sheet cake and whipped cream with clay dust.....look forward to that every time I go.

BigDaddy84
08-25-2019, 01:08 PM
The food at screven is awesome.

AllenK
08-25-2019, 01:32 PM
Eldora Cheese wurst.

Cheese Sticks from I-30 Speedway

Diamond Park Speedway in Nashville/Murfreesboro, Arkansas used to have amazing burgers. They were wrapped in white paper,and the juice would run out on your fingers and soak the paper. That track could be one of the best tracks anywhere with some minor layout changes. It's smooth as glass,and fast also.

BTExpress
08-25-2019, 01:45 PM
Sensenig's BBQ stand @ Lincoln Speedway in Hanover, Pa. Their pit beef sandwich and chicken legs are outstanding.

Illtsate32
08-25-2019, 02:09 PM
Highland had a sloppy joe that was great I still remember that unique taste..

Huskerkev1
08-25-2019, 02:47 PM
Pork tenderloin sandwich at I-80

dirt crow
08-25-2019, 03:12 PM
Only concessions I hit all year is Eldora. ...However those lemonades at Fairbury were excellent.

TerryM
08-25-2019, 03:14 PM
I’ve been to Screven probably a dozen times or more, and not once have they had the food they advertised.

Bloomerdirtking
08-25-2019, 05:53 PM
Eldora chicken wings and deep fried cheez ballz, and a Yuengling from the main bar.

JDawg4343
08-25-2019, 07:12 PM
Eldora chicken wings and deep fried cheez ballz, and a Yuengling from the main bar.

Yep.... Eldora chicken wings and cheese balls.
Too many cheese balls will stop you up though

gjohnston
08-25-2019, 07:21 PM
At Oshkosh you could get a traditional Wisconsin fish fry on Friday nights. It wasn’t just an attempt to say they did a fish fry either, it was pretty dang good and you could get perch or walleye.

mcarter815
08-25-2019, 11:52 PM
When Simmons was still promoting, West Liberty, Dubuque, and Farley had the best tenderloin sandwiches of anywhere in the country.

Birdsboro
08-26-2019, 02:08 AM
Sensenig's BBQ stand @ Lincoln Speedway in Hanover, Pa. Their pit beef sandwich and chicken legs are outstanding. without a doubt hands down the best menu item at any track in the country that i have been to and that is saying a lot.

nc mudcat
08-26-2019, 06:41 AM
Bologna burger at South Boston Speedway, Wythe's bologna a close second.

EvelB7
08-26-2019, 08:07 AM
West Liberty with the tenderloin sandwich and Wythe for all around food and price.

formercrewguy
08-26-2019, 09:53 AM
I-80 has a good pork tenderloin, but the absolute best track food hands down was at Mesa Marin in Bakersfield. Their homemade chili was legendary.

RiffRaf67
08-26-2019, 09:59 AM
Best race track food I have ever had was at the Nashville Fairgrounds this year for the WoO sprint show.
Had a phonemonial philly cheese steak sandwich on friday night and then had an amazing Chicken Teryaki Noodles on saturday, both $10, but both out of this world delicious.
Runner up in my book is the Tex Mex Stand at Turn4 in Knoxville, the Chicken Burrito bowl is outstanding for track food.
I also eat Boylans every chance I can get, whether its the loose meat, the pork chop sandwich or the steak on a stick ,you can not go wrong.

Krooser
08-26-2019, 12:37 PM
The gal I hired my first year at Luxemburg would lick every burger before she put it on the grill...she was the first to get fired.

Barbecueboy
08-26-2019, 03:00 PM
Hopefully you fired her for just being stupid........licking raw ground meat is just pain ignorant unless you like crapping through a screen door.

Dlmfan123
08-26-2019, 03:15 PM
I’ve only had the steak on a stick from boylans, but it’s also very good. I’ll have to try some of his other stuff next time

jensenracing18
08-26-2019, 03:19 PM
Eldora chicken wings and hot cheeseballs from main concession, steak on a stick from boylans and off course a Farmer brown

Jim11h
08-26-2019, 03:30 PM
Big October and Hungarian loaded nacho @ oakshade

ZERO25
08-26-2019, 04:05 PM
Strawberry shortcake at Eastbay Thurs, Fri and Sat. Then Boylans pork chop sammich at Volusia, Mon-Sat! Mmmmmm, Mmmmmmm!

Barbecueboy
08-26-2019, 04:51 PM
Strawberry shortcake at Eastbay Thurs, Fri and Sat. Then Boylans pork chop sammich at Volusia, Mon-Sat! Mmmmmm, Mmmmmmm!

Curse you.......love all of that.

I used to like Lou bonnos( spelling?) BBQ in Jacksonville as a kid......are they still around, still any good?

We would eat there and then my folks would take me over to Tom and Jerrys for a homemade cherry limeade......was near a pic n save not too far away from englewood high school area.

flagone
08-26-2019, 04:58 PM
Terry apparently you have been getting there too late. I have had some of the best meals I have had anywhere at Screven.

TerryM
08-26-2019, 05:08 PM
We always eat around 7:00 or 7:30. It’s ok though. We never go away hungry lol.

ZERO25
08-26-2019, 05:55 PM
Curse you.......love all of that.

I used to like Lou bonnos( spelling?) BBQ in Jacksonville as a kid......are they still around, still any good?

We would eat there and then my folks would take me over to Tom and Jerrys for a homemade cherry limeade......was near a pic n save not too far away from englewood high school area.

Yeah, Bonos is everywhere now! They have franchised out!

Good meat but their sides suck!

Wow....I haven't heard the Tom and Jerrys name in a long time!

Barbecueboy
08-26-2019, 06:30 PM
Was a treat for us, my grandparents lived on spring Glen back in the day and we would ride our bikes over to tom and Jerrys with the neighbor kids back when it was safe to do so......mid 70s give or take.

The cherry limeades were my absolute favorite......that and the orange crush sodas in the brown bottles.

We have a track about an hour and a half away in lakeview sc that since reopening a few years back I've been a fan of the cheeseburgers that come out of the little trailer in the pits.....nothing crazy other than they aren't from frozen , they are hand pattied , pretty thick and cooked perfectly almost every time.

Cool that bonos is still around, good for them.

Kryptonite17
08-26-2019, 06:45 PM
Fried mushrooms at Atomic.

TUTY
08-26-2019, 07:22 PM
6 pack of Coors Lite at Cedar Lake. Remember there’s a pork chop in every beer.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
08-26-2019, 07:28 PM
The gal I hired my first year at Luxemburg would lick every burger before she put it on the grill...she was the first to get fired.

She must of liked the taste of meat! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

chubfrankfan
08-26-2019, 09:57 PM
My favorite is a Farmer Brown sandwich at Eldora.

One Man Gang
08-26-2019, 10:29 PM
Fried mushrooms at Atomic.
Never had any fried but I’ve boiled a few back in the wilder days

Barbecueboy
08-26-2019, 10:40 PM
My favorite is a Farmer Brown sandwich at Eldora.

That's two votes for this one.....what exactly is It?

Krooser
08-27-2019, 05:49 AM
Hopefully you fired her for just being stupid........licking raw ground meat is just pain ignorant unless you like crapping through a screen door.

One of my other employees told me she did that... Had to see it first hand. Unbelievable anyone would do that...

chubfrankfan
08-27-2019, 10:04 PM
That's two votes for this one.....what exactly is It?

https://www.sirved.com/restaurant/arcanum-ohio-usa/farmer-brown/169725/menus/1596433

racincowboy02
08-28-2019, 01:10 AM
Yall making me hungry thanks a lot

Tek2747
08-28-2019, 08:27 AM
Every time I'm at the track I gotta get some onion chips. As a side note, I remember as a teenager I worked the concession stand at I-55 and we were always trying to experiment with the different food items. The ideas we came up with were rarely any good. Just a bunch of kids playing around with the fryers really. We deep fried hamburgers, bratwurst, pickles, you name it. Most of the time we just smothered foods in the nacho cheese sauce and called it a day.

Barbecueboy
08-28-2019, 09:31 AM
Onion chips??? Tell me about those.

I worked in a few beachside hamburger , ice cream joints in high school and we did the same thing with the fryers.......only thing we ever did that really stuck was the bacon wrapped hotdog that we fried up and hammered it with the cheese.

Surprised we didn't burn the place down....bunch of stupid surfer kids running a business while the owner wasn't there.

ride height
08-28-2019, 09:46 AM
Lucas oil speedway. Nobody beats that, unless it’s a food truck with good food that visits a track.

samgood
06-07-2022, 02:30 AM
Pizza and burgers are too "heavy" for me, I prefer to order something lighter and healthier from Daily Harvest. daily harvest customer service (https://daily-harvest.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html) makes it possible 24/7 , the prices are rather loyal as for me, and the quality of food is superb.

Raceready
06-07-2022, 03:24 PM
Pizza and burgers are too "heavy" for me, I prefer to order something lighter and healthier from Daily Harvest. daily harvest customer service (https://daily-harvest.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html) makes it possible 24/7 , the prices are rather loyal as for me, and the quality of food is superb.As for me, I'll just wait for the Schwan's truck to come around. The jumbo shrimp and ice cream are what some might say " TO DIE FOR " ! !

Highside Hustler25
06-07-2022, 07:34 PM
Surprised nobody has mentioned the Spoon River steamburger🤔

Barbecueboy
06-08-2022, 06:17 AM
My buddy used to cook at some large RC events in the area and he would steam burgers with water and a couple drops of liquid smoke( stuff I normally hate)….but they sold like heck and were actually really good with the right stuff on them.

He would sear them on both sides and then put them in his steamer to finish.

Buford.Justice
06-08-2022, 02:39 PM
Pizza and burgers are too "heavy" for me, I prefer to order something lighter and healthier from Daily Harvest. daily harvest customer service (https://daily-harvest.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html) makes it possible 24/7 , the prices are rather loyal as for me, and the quality of food is superb.

Plenty of rest room stalls for the screamers these days. I remember when the place only had two stools with no doors, lol

And a blind man selling pencils at the restroom entrance.

Rajflyboy
06-08-2022, 03:33 PM
Food prices aren’t bad for the million. I just saw the pics of the menu.

Raceready
06-08-2022, 04:10 PM
Plenty of rest room stalls for the screamers these days. I remember when the place only had two stools with no doors, lolAnd a blind man selling pencils at the restroom entrance.Ah ; How I long for the good old days ! !

BrendonBauman
06-09-2022, 08:13 AM
Surprised nobody has mentioned the Spoon River steamburger樂

That's one that you can't go wrong with. Doing a Spoonburger with cheese, now we're talkin'.
Or, if you're adventurous that Nachos with Spoonburger meat.... that's my favorite.

dirtcrazy4u
06-09-2022, 06:59 PM
Back in the 70's, lol some of you may have not been born, Don Martin's Lernerville speedway had the best food you could find. Fish sandwiches with a 10" pc of fish on the bun, they ladies that ran that concession stand should go down in history. My choice most Friday's was there hot sausage on a semi hard roll, peanuts from I believe it was the lions, we'd let them sit on trailer and eat them all night. Then my speed sport and AARN. We'd get in the pits and immediately head over to the concession stand, that line used to be huge. I'll tell ya, to bring those days back. In a heartbeat.

muddy mike
06-10-2022, 03:45 PM
the onion chips at pevely were pretty good they should bring them back. they just needed some kind of dip for them besides ketchup. same for the cheese sticks.

Barbecueboy
06-10-2022, 04:50 PM
So I tried the steam burger last night using bubba burgers….figured they would be at their worst using frozen Pattie’s.
Unbelievable how good they were, even frozen…..I cheated and put a little beer and onion in with the water I was steaming with. Seasoned them up, and steamed them for about 15 minutes and dropped a chunk of sharp cheddar on it to melt.
I’ve eaten at a bunch of places in my life and have been to as many roadside burger, bbq and fish joints as anybody and until the other night had never heard of a steam burger, thanks for sharing that.

It’s going in the rotation…..next time with fresh hamburger.

EvelB7
06-11-2022, 10:00 AM
West Liberty use to have great tenderloin sandwiches (and every fair race in Iowa). I sure miss the fair food from back then, only thing that could replace would be good barbecue...maybe someone could bring a bit to one of the Steel Block Bandit races this year.....I believe there is still a race at Lakeview....

Rajflyboy
06-11-2022, 12:55 PM
West Liberty use to have great tenderloin sandwiches (and every fair race in Iowa). I sure miss the fair food from back then, only thing that could replace would be good barbecue...maybe someone could bring a bit to one of the Steel Block Bandit races this year.....I believe there is still a race at Lakeview....Try 521 BBQ (not bad)

ZERO25
06-11-2022, 09:42 PM
Hard to beat Alltechs redneck nacho's........smoked pork butt over fries, with cheese sauce, jalapenos, ranch, and bbq sauce!!!

Barchetta6
06-11-2022, 09:53 PM
Green Chili burrito at Devils Bowl. Ribs at Manzanita.

Barbecueboy
06-12-2022, 12:43 AM
Lord that sounds good at devils bowl……nothing better than authentic Tex/mex.