PDA

View Full Version : Chase Junghans Races to Trio of Podiums During Dirt Million

Ben Shelton
08-28-2019, 01:48 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 28, 2019

Chase Junghans Races to Trio of Podiums During Dirt Million Weekend
World of Outlaws Triple Header Up Next

Manhattan, Kansas (08/28/19) – Chase Junghans enjoyed a successful weekend during the second annual Dirt Million in his Shop Quik Convenience Stores No. 18 Bozard Ford Lincoln/XR1 Rocket Chassis/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model.

The Kansas racer registered back-to-back runner-up finishes in preliminary action at Ohio’s Mansfield Motor Speedway on Thursday and Friday before racing to a third-place finish in Saturday night’s mega finale.

“I probably should have tried to get up there and get around Jonathan [Davenport], and then it might have been a different story [in the 100-lap finale],” Junghans said. “Our cars were good all weekend. It’s kind of disappointing running third because I feel like we should have won. But we’ve just got to keep a good notebook and hopefully get a clean-sweep next year.

“My team has been working so hard this year, and I’m as confident as I’ve ever been in the driver’s seat. We’ll head to the next one and try to knock down some more wins.”

On Thursday evening Chase Junghans kicked off the second annual Dirt Million presented by Arizona Sport Shirts at Mansfield Motor Speedway (Mansfield, Ohio) as the field was split into duel $10,000-to-win programs. Drawing 56 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) entries for the opening round of the three-day Dirt Million, Junghans laid down the fastest lap in his time trial group before recording a runner-up finish in his heat race.

Starting the $10,000-to-win, 30-lap A-Main in the sixth position, Chase improved four spots to register a second-place finish behind Jonathan Davenport with Bobby Pierce, Ricky Weiss, and Mike Marlar trailing them to the checkers.

The following night found another round of preliminary features being contested, and Junghans advanced one position in his heat race to pick up the 10-lap victory. Earning the third-starting position for his preliminary feature, Chase gained one spot in the 30-lapper, scoring a runner-up finish behind Mike Marlar with Michael Norris, Jonathan Davenport, and Tyler Erb rounding out the Top-5.

Via his runner-up finishes in his preliminary features Chase locked into Saturday night’s pole-sitter’s dash, where he registered a third-place finish, which positioned him third on the starting grid for the $101,626-to-win finale.

After working his way up to the second position and challenging early race-leader Jonathan Davenport for the top spot, Junghans ultimately settled into a third-place finish behind Brandon Sheppard and Mike Marlar with Jimmy Owens and Ricky Weiss completing the Top-5 finishers.

Chase claimed a handsome $33,875 for his third-place finish in the finale.

For more results from the weekend, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

This weekend – August 29 – 31 – has Chase scheduled to return to action with the World of Outlaws (WoO) Morton Buildings Late Model Series with a trio of events. On Friday night action opens at I-96 Speedway (Lake Odessa, Michigan) with a $10,000-to-win program. Friday and Saturday will find the team pitted at Sharon Speedway for a doubleheader, which posts a $6,000 winner’s check on the first night and a $15,000 winner’s check on Saturday.

From there, the team is tentatively looking at entering the 51st annual Hillbilly 100 at West Virginia’s Tyler County Speedway on Sunday evening. The historic event posts a $30,000 winner’s check for the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series.

Chase is currently fourth in the latest WoO standings.

For more information on the weekend’s races, please visit www.WoOLMS.com and www.LucasDirt.com .

Chase Junghans Racing would like to thank their principal and associate sponsors including Shop Quik Convenience Stores, Bozard Ford Lincoln, Sunoco Race Fuels, Junghans Discount Liquors, Paulson Rock Products, Hoosier Tire, Rocket Chassis, Clements Racing Engines, Hooker Harness, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Shocks, Fast Shafts Driveshafts, Speedway Motors, PRC, Sweet Manufacturing, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For the latest team news and updates on Chase Junghans and Shop Quik Racing please visit www.ChaseJunghans.com .