PDA

View Full Version : Dtwc

Dlmfan123
09-02-2019, 09:57 AM
Carl Short announced at Tyler county the DTWC is going back to a traditional format. Qualifying and heats on Friday. B mains and feature on saturday

Mams
09-02-2019, 10:52 AM
Works for me! Just hope we don’t have to camp in a recently harvested bean field again this year.

GEAR_HEAD
09-02-2019, 12:25 PM
So there will be even less passing now and everyone will be complaining about the freight train heat races.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-02-2019, 01:28 PM
Carl Short announced at Tyler county the DTWC is going back to a traditional format. Qualifying and heats on Friday. B mains and feature on saturdayWhy not do qualifying Friday, then heats etc Saturday with a 4 invert?

MEE
09-02-2019, 02:18 PM
THANK YOU CARL

Now just move it back to KC -Atomic

Dlmfan123
09-02-2019, 02:33 PM
Why not do qualifying Friday, then heats etc Saturday with a 4 invert?Who would want to go to a track to watch nothing but qualifying

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-02-2019, 03:07 PM
Who would want to go to a track to watch nothing but qualifying

They are running steel block lm on Friday. And a modified feature.

zyoung25
09-02-2019, 03:34 PM
They just need a 3 day format like Eldora for this race. The track has been very good the few times I've been there this year. They've got a whole Ohio river to use for a water supply, and every piece dirt working equipment known to man.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-02-2019, 04:29 PM
Who would want to go to a track to watch nothing but qualifyingWell, Eldora did it for how many years?

And Portsmouth always has good mods with this race. Plus MastersBilt stated they have SB lates.

That format just sucks. The heats are usually great racing at the big shows. Great not having to miss work and attend both days. Just head down Saturday, but now this way, you gotta go Friday too.

latemodelman
09-02-2019, 04:38 PM
Why not run the Steel Block late models on Thursday as a prelude then Modifieds on Friday and then as a big bang run the Super Lates on Saturday? Full shows each day plus you can charge $15 to get in on Thursday and $15 on Friday and $50 on Saturday people will pay

2thextreme
09-02-2019, 11:05 PM
Carl Short announced at Tyler county the DTWC is going back to a traditional format. Qualifying and heats on Friday. B mains and feature on saturdayWhat was the format in years past? Passing points? I thought they always ran heat races...

bleedsbluer2
09-02-2019, 11:07 PM
Heres an idea for this race fans pay to see racing make friday and Saturday complete shows cut the 100 thousand in half run 100 lapper each night for 50 thousand to win if same driver can win both give him 10 thousand bonus if any driver finishes top 3 podium finish both nights 5 thousand bonus all drivers that make both features 1000 dollar bonus any driver finishes top 4th thru 10th both nights 500 dollar bonus group qualify fast time in each group both nights 250 dollars run heat races 20 laps with bonus money 400 to win heats after all heats are over top 2 from each heat redraw (this would draw more woo series drivers) cause its a lucas race only 1 lucas provisional for this race highest car in points that dont make show either race your way in or load up the highest woo point leader that dont make show is a provisional the track promoter gets to choose 1 provisional and the last provisionals are fastest time not making show from each group start 29 cars 18 from top 3 in heats top 2 from 3 consi rases and the 5 provisionals

bleedsbluer2
09-02-2019, 11:10 PM
Wouldnt you all rather see 2 complete shows or steel blocks and mods and one late model show lets get hold of carl short

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-03-2019, 05:29 AM
What was the format in years past? Passing points? I thought they always ran heat races...

In recent history, it was the 2 rounds of passing points heats.

brsteg
09-03-2019, 09:14 AM
Remember this is a cold weather race under annual threat of rain. While the multiple nights of racing sounds good now, when it comes that time I feel like the traditional 2 day format for the DTWC really works.
Now we just need a 4-6 car invert, but I'm not going to hold my breath that they'll be any invert.

dirty-white-boy
09-03-2019, 12:17 PM
Carl Short announced at Tyler county the DTWC is going back to a traditional format. Qualifying and heats on Friday. B mains and feature on saturday

Yea that's lame AF

GEAR_HEAD
09-03-2019, 12:21 PM
Yea that's lame AF

He's catering to the morons that can't understand passing points, which is typical in today's society. Instead of educating those people (who probably don't want to be educated anyhow) let's just dumb everything down.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-03-2019, 12:59 PM
He's catering to the morons that can't understand passing points, which is typical in today's society. Instead of educating those people (who probably don't want to be educated anyhow) let's just dumb everything down.

He's catering to the drivers.

#FALSuperman
09-03-2019, 01:04 PM
He's catering to the drivers.

True story...the vast majority are very happy with the change

chupp n bloomer fan
09-03-2019, 05:21 PM
He's catering to the morons that can't understand passing points, which is typical in today's society. Instead of educating those people (who probably don't want to be educated anyhow) let's just dumb everything down.Guess you better quit going to races. Because the morons in today’s society you’re talking about is the drivers. Very few drivers, if any, like the passing points deal.

We should let you educate everyone on weather right? #hypocrisy

zyoung25
09-03-2019, 05:27 PM
Dont ever get sick, take a rock to the face, or anything that might hold up the show while GEAR_HEAD is in the stands either. You just might be the devil.

The passing point format sucked at PRP. And that's the bottom line, cuz stone cold said so.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-03-2019, 05:28 PM
True story...the vast majority are very happy with the change

Problem is, they should not be calling the shots.

GEAR_HEAD
09-03-2019, 06:11 PM
Drivers should not be calling the shots. It's not the fans' fault that they made race cars too expensive and turned the hobby into big business.

GEAR_HEAD
09-03-2019, 06:16 PM
Dont ever get sick, take a rock to the face, or anything that might hold up the show while GEAR_HEAD is in the stands either. You just might be the devil.

The passing point format sucked at PRP. And that's the bottom line, cuz stone cold said so.

How is unacceptable response times by first responders relative to passing points? You need to take a debate class because now you're just talking gibberish. Maybe you can start a new thread about that concern. That is as bad as CnB blaming incorrect weather forecasts for the format sucking. If you claim that the format sucks then that is only because the track sucks because the format works on good racetracks.

zyoung25
09-03-2019, 06:47 PM
How is unacceptable response times by first responders relative to passing points? You need to take a debate class because now you're just talking gibberish. Maybe you can start a new thread about that concern. That is as bad as CnB blaming incorrect weather forecasts for the format sucking. If you claim that the format sucks then that is only because the track sucks because the format works on good racetracks.

The format doesn't suck, it sucks at Prp. Maybe you can get this through your thick skull now. I'm not going to get my hopes up though.

GEAR_HEAD
09-03-2019, 06:53 PM
The format doesn't suck, it sucks at Prp. Maybe you can get this through your thick skull now. I'm not going to get my hopes up though.

Yeah, that's what I just said. So now you're arguing about us agreeing, which is dumb. The correct thing to do is to fix the track, not just give up on the track and change the format. If the track is that bad then keep the format and move the race to a good track.

TTS_JF
09-03-2019, 09:03 PM
The racing I've saw at PRP I've been to this year has had very little if any passing. If the track isn't better than what I've seen its not gonna matter what format they use.

fryefan
09-03-2019, 09:27 PM

I hear the train a coming, its rolling around the bend .....

Raceready
09-03-2019, 10:02 PM
I hear the train a coming, its rolling around the bend ..... And I've not seen the sunlight since I don't when . . . . .

golddirt
09-03-2019, 10:58 PM
I can’t believe Carl has left this race at this track for so long

Raceready
09-03-2019, 11:54 PM
LOLOLOL !!!! Carl had races at Pennsboro and it was the all time worst 1 lane track ever but yet they came the same as people showed up at Woodstock !

Jim11h
09-04-2019, 07:07 AM
South always said they was gonna rise again, well here is their rise! Qualify and fastest start up front

chupp n bloomer fan
09-04-2019, 09:15 AM
How is unacceptable response times by first responders relative to passing points? You need to take a debate class because now you're just talking gibberish. Maybe you can start a new thread about that concern. That is as bad as CnB blaming incorrect weather forecasts for the format sucking. If you claim that the format sucks then that is only because the track sucks because the format works on good racetracks.Incorrect weather forecasts matter to the format sucking? Probably not.

I forgot to mention them aholes at Florence having a medical emergency and stopping the show. Total pricks. Jesus you are special.

GEAR_HEAD
09-04-2019, 10:12 AM
Incorrect weather forecasts matter to the format sucking? Probably not.

I forgot to mention them aholes at Florence having a medical emergency and stopping the show. Total pricks. Jesus you are special.

Explain to me how slow first responder response times in Florence, many miles away, effect the passsing points format at PRP. I mean taking 30 minutes to get somebody in need of medical attention heading toward a hospital may be the norm in your neck of the woods, but why do you feel that is an acceptable response time? And again, HOW IS THAT RELATIVE TO THE FORMAT AT PRP? Since you've obviously never taken a debate class and you're just spewing nonsense, I'm going to justify using the passing points format at PRP by stating that the Scioto Ribber down the street has good steaks so the passing points format is obviously the way to go.

Crossbones
09-04-2019, 05:23 PM
Did any of you read the press release? Theres a 6 car invert for the heats and points will determined how the a and b mains will start on Saturday. I like the change, the double heat races are dumb. And don't tell me I don't understand them I do, I just find them mostly visually useless.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-04-2019, 06:50 PM
Did any of you read the press release? Theres a 6 car invert for the heats and points will determined how the a and b mains will start on Saturday. I like the change, the double heat races are dumb. And don't tell me I don't understand them I do, I just find them mostly visually useless.

The double heats are to even out the effect of luck of the draw. As a paying fan, more heats are more bang for the buck.