PDA

View Full Version : Rare sighting of the infamous Eldora water truck

superstock79
09-04-2019, 11:21 AM
I can confirm after a morning walk that IT DOES EXIST, and the water pump was even turned on!!

Krooser
09-04-2019, 11:30 AM
Amazing... I had two water trucks and zero dust...

slingindirt83
09-04-2019, 11:59 AM
I for one think that in the last 5-6 years the racing has been the best its ever been out there. Muddy isnt always good nor is dry, but to find that nice happy median is what usually works best. I get it the cars arent flying around there but the racing is good. More water isnt always the fix.

Hoosier_Dirt
09-04-2019, 12:09 PM
Muddy= crappy racing. Follow the leader. Watch the Baltes Classic heats.

GEAR_HEAD
09-04-2019, 12:26 PM
They need to focus on getting water into the bottom groove of the track. That's why the 2006 World was so good, the bottom groove was really good that night. The track tends to be top doimnant so they need to water the bottom of the track before the features. A choo choo around the top is almost just as bad as a choo choo around the bottom.

jensenracing18
09-04-2019, 01:17 PM
I agree the last 5 or 6 years have been great racing and rather "clean" viewing from the hillside unlike years past

lokwaidid
09-04-2019, 07:16 PM
Hosier-dirt is right. It rained a lot at eldora Sunday afternoon up until around 5:00. This was after i think it rained a few times during the last few days. When the feature started they were using most of the track. Itstarted narrowing to 2 lanes and then to 1 lane on the bottom. No one could pass. It was just follow the leader. I don't blame eldora. There was nothing they could of done. I'm guessing that once the temperature cooled, the moisture came back to the surface. Drivers find the fastest way around the track and it turned out to be a single lane. More water doesn't always make for better racing.

Hoosier_Dirt
09-06-2019, 05:43 AM
Last night was an example of better racing. A little slick with some cushion. More passing!! Yes, Eldora had a lot of rain last week,no blame on them.