PDA

View Full Version : Slow down Eldora

dirt crow
09-07-2019, 08:47 AM
Im just one fan, but here’s my take..... The track is just too fast. I wish it’d slow down bout 2 seconds. The last race of the night last night, finally getting racy. The heats are just hammer down. Been coming here 29 years. Finesse and feathering it is better than putting it on the floor from my seat.

....also, the cheesesticks price has went up with one less stick. WTH Tony?!?!

play4kps
09-07-2019, 09:06 AM
You are right. a fast Eldora provides crappy racing! But I dont know if most people care there, Ive been going for over 25 years, and more and more big races at Eldora are more about the experience than the racing. The aero on the cars have to be reduced. And I dont know if anybody remembers about 10-15 yrs ago, they took banking out of 3 and 4, the track was 10 times better, rumor is Nascar wanted the banking back for the truck race, if thats true, the rest of the races suffer for one stupid Nascar truck race, which actually is a horrible race to see live. Also I believe if Eldora actually raced late models during the summer or more than 3 or 4 times a year, you would see a more racey track. I know I said a mouthful, Have a great day and enjoy the race tonight.

kidrock
09-07-2019, 09:45 AM
You are right. a fast Eldora provides crappy racing! But I dont know if most people care there, Ive been going for over 25 years, and more and more big races at Eldora are more about the experience than the racing. The aero on the cars have to be reduced. And I dont know if anybody remembers about 10-15 yrs ago, they took banking out of 3 and 4, the track was 10 times better, rumor is Nascar wanted the banking back for the truck race, if thats true, the rest of the races suffer for one stupid Nascar truck race, which actually is a horrible race to see live. Also I believe if Eldora actually raced late models during the summer or more than 3 or 4 times a year, you would see a more racey track. I know I said a mouthful, Have a great day and enjoy the race tonight.

Just a rumor no fact base what so ever

dirtcrazy4u
09-07-2019, 09:51 AM
bla, bla, bla. The big E is still the king of dirt tracks. Look around tonight, the 1000's of people just may disagree with you. The nascrap truck race is a JOKE, nascrap should be ashamed to even call that a race.

lokwaidid
09-07-2019, 11:27 AM
race monitor still had the cars timed in the low 16.3-16.5's in the first feature. fast cars can pass a slow car, but after they get toward the front it gets harder and becomes follow the leader. cars running in the 17's make it more of a drivers race that motor race.

Late_Model_Mark
09-07-2019, 11:38 AM
I totally disagree with the author of this post. Come the twin feature time the track (at least on the pay per view) looked and acted very racy. The aero of the cars these days is such a huge factor. Davenport said "dirty air" in the interview, sums it up. If it was slowed down with a lesser approach to track prep and watering, the folks with concern would be howling in protest.

That was some good racing, remember the 3rd night, tonight, unless it rains like hell, it will slow down. Come Saturday night feature time, that is when you want the track it's best. Eldora is no slow, slow is for lightweights,lol.

LMM

3 wide
09-07-2019, 12:51 PM
I thought racing was all about speed the faster the better if it ain't fast it's not racing if you want to see slow I guess you better go to Stlouis an watch them 45 mph races.

purvis
09-07-2019, 01:09 PM
A few speed bumps will make the track better.

RW57
09-08-2019, 06:43 AM
If you watch in car cameras in qualifying they do not lift in years they lift some but in feature they have to work hard it's then a driver's game. Go to Hunt The Front and ride along with Chris Ferguson you will get an idea of what goes on in a race car it's a great video.

kidrock
09-08-2019, 06:51 AM
bla, bla, bla. The big E is still the king of dirt tracks. Look around tonight, the 1000's of people just may disagree with you. The nascrap truck race is a JOKE, nascrap should be ashamed to even call that a race.

The truck race might be a joke to you but, Ive seen some pretty good truck races there since they started racing the trucks on the big half mile.

play4kps
09-08-2019, 07:53 AM
3 wide, thats not true at all, If its all about speed, then its drag racing. When people rate their best tracks its always FALS or Macon, neither one of those tracks are about speed, its about door to door racing. When it comes to partying and getting drunk, The world 100 is king.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-08-2019, 08:11 AM
I don’t necessarily disagree that the track needs to be slower to produce better racing, it does. Otherwise, they are top dominant, maybe a slide job, but they are so equal now it’s hard to slide people.

But, to have it that slow in qualifying and heats, I think it would lock down feature time.

So another words, is what it is to me. I think it’s still good racing. When they all have the same crap, takes a lot more to differentiate them, pass them.

kidrock
09-08-2019, 08:11 AM
I'm not a drinker so, I really don't care about the partying but, for those who do I'm sure it's a good time. As far as the racing part of it I want to see good racing and speed for me has nothing to do wit it. Now don't get me wrong I'm not wanting to see 20 mph races but, I don't need 160 either.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-08-2019, 08:12 AM
3 wide, thats not true at all, If its all about speed, then its drag racing. When people rate their best tracks its always FALS or Macon, neither one of those tracks are about speed, its about door to door racing. When it comes to partying and getting drunk, The world 100 is king.World 100 is my wife and I’s favorite race, I’ve been going for over 20 years. And, never been drunk once at the Big E.

fastford
09-08-2019, 12:04 PM
I totally disagree with the author of this post. Come the twin feature time the track (at least on the pay per view) looked and acted very racy. The aero of the cars these days is such a huge factor. Davenport said "dirty air" in the interview, sums it up. If it was slowed down with a lesser approach to track prep and watering, the folks with concern would be howling in protest.

That was some good racing, remember the 3rd night, tonight, unless it rains like hell, it will slow down. Come Saturday night feature time, that is when you want the track it's best. Eldora is no slow, slow is for lightweights,lol.

LMM

you know how DC is by now , he cant help himself , if he went to a race and didnt find at least one thing to complain about , something would be bad wrong , track to fast and over priced cheese sticks aint to bad i guess....lol.....

play4kps
09-08-2019, 12:22 PM
Chupp I understand and I dont drink anymore either. All I was saying is, its becoming more about the party and less about the racing. Its almost like you have to cheer for a big name to say you were for the winner. 99% of the people there are for 4 drivers or 5 now if you include the new bandwagon Madden fans. Its either your for Bloomer, Owens, Pierce or Davenport.

Drop Shock
09-08-2019, 12:30 PM
They used to farm the bottom before the feature or before the bmain, made for a racier racetrack in my opinion

chupp n bloomer fan
09-08-2019, 01:31 PM
Chupp I understand and I dont drink anymore either. All I was saying is, its becoming more about the party and less about the racing. Its almost like you have to cheer for a big name to say you were for the winner. 99% of the people there are for 4 drivers or 5 now if you include the new bandwagon Madden fans. Its either your for Bloomer, Owens, Pierce or Davenport.The World 100 has been that way a long time. Is what you make of it. I shake my head, ignore the intoxicated ones. I’m there to watch the race, soak up the experience.

They the popular people now, personally I like Ricky Weiss. But JD is growing on me.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-08-2019, 01:32 PM
Are.........

denopolis23
09-09-2019, 10:56 AM
Ive noticed 99% of the people walking by the seats don't even look over at the track to see whats going on during the race. They have no interest at all as to whats going on. Im guessing half the people attending are just there with a group to party all weekend. Ive never camped there so it makes me wonder just how fun it is in camperville.