PDA

View Full Version : World 100 thoughts

chupp n bloomer fan
09-08-2019, 08:58 AM
I love Eldora, period. And the racing wasn’t bad. And I love their traffic control now.

Gripes as a spectator. You say you aren’t letting people bring in them big chairs, but I seen them. Some places, truly no big deal. There, if you are heavy or think you need a La Z Boy, it’s an issue. Now heavy, is what it is. Them big chairs, you just cannot have them. People a couple rows down in front of us, were trying to find their seats, well the couple that had the aisle seats like us, had these big chairs taking up three spots. So they cheated it just enough the guy could squeeze in. But to sit there for hours so these people can have these big ass chairs, nope. Enforce it. I’m not going to deal with it, be a normal person, and realize where you are. Same thing down from us and in the other section. Taking up one or two extra spots. Be considerate and use your head.

Watching these old people almost mow down the older couple in front of us in the main Eldora lot just outside the exit, classy. Going a good 20, then look at them like their the idiots. Slow the fuk down and pay attention. If it was a little kid you’d have blasted them. The parking lot with everyone leaving is no place to fly. Especially with the way they control traffic, no need. I mean a 70ish darn near blasting 50ish people, crazy.

Done with the whining, us personally, good.

The racing stuff.

Don O’Neal-KRob was spot on, O’Neal drove like a complete idiot. Junked him and jacked up Hawkins. And he got beautiful karma. Glad Norris got in.

Marlar-When he spotted how crappy O’Neal drove and commented on it, that’s great. Ty Mikey.

Mason Zeigler-At least he owned up to crashing Page and others. I like Mason, and he shoulda felt bad. Glad he showed genuine remorse for it.

Billy Moyer-I thought he’d run pretty good, picked him in his heat. But just wasn’t very good.

Bloomer-We watched him get off the golf cart after the drivers meeting at the hauler. He should not be racing. Dude can barely move. He looked decent in the driver intros, but walking to his hauler, out of the spotlight, literally looks awful. Bad wreck/fire, he is screwed getting out quickly. Somehow ended up sixth. Shame Ariel and Katrina aren’t there. Just a dam shame.

Bobby-I didn’t think he’d last when early on he’s literally sideways outta the corner. Just cannot last. And it didn’t. They gotta figure out how to get maneuverable, because it’s cushion or nothing right now.

Richards-He doesn’t look good, period.

Hudson-Really good young man. Can tell he just soaks it in. And is good with fans.

Weiss-Really thought he was going to get it, but JD turned up the wick. He sticks with what he is in now, dude is going to be a star. Really good, really matured. I think Scott should until he heals, just mentor drivers for a fee. Weiss and Landers, helped them both. Others too I’m sure.

Owens-Jimmy is still Jimmy.

JD-Becoming one of my favorites, his demeanor, his driving. He has learned to drive really straight and smart. And no power steering, props man. Ordering a Brewster shirt today. Took his advice on buying some sh!t lol.

That about sums it up. Sorry I didn’t meet anyone. By the time we get there, and do vendor alley, and the pits, outta time. Love the Big E, cannot wait for the 50th.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-08-2019, 09:02 AM
Was that you Shiny getting the shout out? If so, props. You do great updates.

kazual
09-08-2019, 09:27 AM
Appreciate the insight CnB.

grumfan
09-08-2019, 09:59 AM
Ditto, well stated.

ride height
09-08-2019, 10:05 AM
Loved watching Moyer Sr over the years, but he needs to let it go. He’s solidly on DLM Mt Rushmore already. This aero stuff is going to ruin it all. Somebody needs to step up and do something. Plan on attending the 50th as I’m sure it will be a barn burner. It was a good race and very entertaining, but it would be much better if it wasn’t all about “clean air” and more about skill and balls.

ride height
09-08-2019, 10:12 AM
I normally love watching Don O’Neal race...I love aggressive racing, but holy hell Don...that was complete lunacy.

Madcat
09-08-2019, 11:48 AM
Everything he said. And one last thing, Speedy needs to ban the side by sides. People flying all over the place and throwing rocks and crap.

Eventually a kid will get hit and killed by one and the guy making millions annually on that place will lose it all. And rightfully so. Golf carts are fine, the 1000cc turbo side by sides and crap is too much.

Hoosier_Dirt
09-08-2019, 11:50 AM
Hoping Clint Bowyer fires Don O'Neal. What a moron

zyoung25
09-08-2019, 12:40 PM
I stood on the pit road between the care center and haulers and watched Don swerve his car at Kent's crew guys as they were throwing their hands up and flying the bird in his direction after he came off the scales. For Kent to say what he said, he mustve been boiling. He normally doesn't say much anything, he's a pretty soft spoken guy. If we rewind a few weeks, Richards put him in the wall in the last B main for the n/s for a transfer spot after he was already guaranteed a starting spot anyway. I dont know if that 7B has a red dot on his car for those 2 aim at or what. I like Robinson, that was just down right stupid on Don's part to haul it in there like that.

JabberJaws83
09-08-2019, 12:49 PM
Don needs to put out to pasture

chupp n bloomer fan
09-08-2019, 01:11 PM
Don needs to put out to pastureSpeaking of pasture, I forget ole Scott James stepping in a big pile out in the pasture.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-08-2019, 01:13 PM
I stood on the pit road between the care center and haulers and watched Don swerve his car at Kent's crew guys as they were throwing their hands up and flying the bird in his direction after he came off the scales. For Kent to say what he said, he mustve been boiling. He normally doesn't say much anything, he's a pretty soft spoken guy. If we rewind a few weeks, Richards put him in the wall in the last B main for the n/s for a transfer spot after he was already guaranteed a starting spot anyway. I dont know if that 7B has a red dot on his car for those 2 aim at or what. I like Robinson, that was just down right stupid on Don's part to haul it in there like that.Should have went to his hauler, that was absolutely totally ridiculous. And KRob I seen put karma on Twitter. I was so fukin happy seeing Don get that flat. Couldn’t believe the perfect timing. I never wish bad luck, but he deserved it. And hearing that, he deserved more. Full fledged idiot.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-08-2019, 01:15 PM
Everything he said. And one last thing, Speedy needs to ban the side by sides. People flying all over the place and throwing rocks and crap.

Eventually a kid will get hit and killed by one and the guy making millions annually on that place will lose it all. And rightfully so. Golf carts are fine, the 1000cc turbo side by sides and crap is too much.I didn’t even realize they let side by sides be there, that’s retarded. Way too many people. And they are ridiculously fast. Mix that with alcohol etc, recipe for disaster. I thought just golf carts were okay.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-08-2019, 01:21 PM
As of now I agree on Billy. He has nothing left to prove, go out before people forget how good you were. That prelim night had me thinking he made a resurgence, but then not at all.

I think too many were not maneuverable, look at JD, he could run anywhere. I agree they need an aero change, but a good balanced car can still get to the front. Madden.

JabberJaws83
09-08-2019, 01:55 PM
Speaking of pasture, I forget ole Scott James stepping in a big pile out in the pasture.

I don’t recall him destroying anyone’s car

turnleftandgasit
09-08-2019, 01:58 PM
First World 100 for me. Decided to go at 630 am Sat. morning. Sourced ticket off here, and was rolling from central IL at 730. Had a good day. Race was as I expected. It is worth the trip, but I will always prefer the bullrings.
My ticket was on the patio in section G. What a seat. Thanks again DG
I left the seat as Jonathan was still rolling into 1. I was to my truck and out the gate in a flash. I didn't make it all the way back home, but after short a nap, I was back on the road.
Total trip was 620 miles, 24 hrs and 30 minutes.
Bonus was being able to stop in Champaign this morning and cover all the Julie tickets due tomorrow. That will make for a very easy Monday.

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-08-2019, 02:03 PM
I stood on the pit road between the care center and haulers and watched Don swerve his car at Kent's crew guys as they were throwing their hands up and flying the bird in his direction after he came off the scales. For Kent to say what he said, he mustve been boiling. He normally doesn't say much anything, he's a pretty soft spoken guy. If we rewind a few weeks, Richards put him in the wall in the last B main for the n/s for a transfer spot after he was already guaranteed a starting spot anyway. I dont know if that 7B has a red dot on his car for those 2 aim at or what. I like Robinson, that was just down right stupid on Don's part to haul it in there like that.

I been wondering if Don thought Kent was the one that jacked him up off 2? It was Hawkins who did it.

t3r3e3
09-08-2019, 02:13 PM
Fatties bringing in the lazy boy chairs and taking up more space than they paid for deserve all the grief hurled in their direction. Want more space for your big @ss and your crap? Buy an extra seat fatty. If they sit in front of you expect no leg room. Also expect if I’m behind you to get the odd knee in your back. Those chairs suck and need to go, period.

t3r3e3
09-08-2019, 02:18 PM

Both Richards and O’Neal are prone to random displays of moron driving. The only difference is Richards has wolfed down a tasty knuckle sammich in the past for his idiocy. If K Rob would retaliate in kind or do some dental work on those clowns the behavior would cease.

chathamracefan
09-08-2019, 03:43 PM
Donnie O has a much shorter Christmas card list than he started the weekend with. And it was probably already a short list. Dude was a bowling ball last night.

NormP
09-08-2019, 03:50 PM
I think they're both frustrated because they drive for a sub par team with way above average resources; they get wins, but only occasionally and not as often as one would think, but O'neal's been with the team probably longer than anyone has stayed with them.

It's previously not really been the driver's fault that CBR can't win like they should, but if he keeps with them, it's his fault for not getting out and finding a new ride. Either way, he was out of line last night.

thexfactor0210
09-08-2019, 03:51 PM
Eldora seriously needs to update the frontstretch and add more seats with more room

Don O Neal drives like a knucklehead

Why did we have to start at 7:38 p.m. on saturday. Start earlier so we can end at a decent hour and be able to go in pits and enjoy ourselves after the races. I know it was only 11 something but still.

Racing was good but man it is so dang aero dependent. Please someone step up and change this so the little guy has a shot.

Jed
09-08-2019, 03:57 PM
Funny I seen the Real Deal at the Dirt Racing Outreach service on Saturday afternoon. His conduct in the car that night wasn’t very “Christian”. I see on Twitter that Robinson’s car is totaled and he’s done for the year.

fryefan
09-08-2019, 04:13 PM
First World 100 for me. Decided to go at 630 am Sat. morning. Sourced ticket off here, and was rolling from central IL at 730. Had a good day. Race was as I expected. It is worth the trip, but I will always prefer the bullrings.
My ticket was on the patio in section G. What a seat. Thanks again DG
I left the seat as Jonathan was still rolling into 1. I was to my truck and out the gate in a flash. I didn't make it all the way back home, but after short a nap, I was back on the road.
Total trip was 620 miles, 24 hrs and 30 minutes.
Bonus was being able to stop in Champaign this morning and cover all the Julie tickets due tomorrow. That will make for a very easy Monday.

While Eldora has some very big events, they will never be known for the best racing. I-80, Knoxville, Wheatland, Cedar Lake, Fairbury, etc. CONSISTENTLY provide much better racing.

TS FAN
09-08-2019, 04:36 PM
Congrats to JD. Great racing show for the evening. Felt terrible for Kent, he owes about three different drivers some payback. I am talking about over the course of several races. Last night was obvious and I don't need to repeat what everyone knows. Stormy was a big surprise BTW>

Dlmfan123
09-08-2019, 05:26 PM
Masons car was pushing hard when he hit page, not much he really could of done. Mason about got wrecked by don oneal as well

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-08-2019, 05:40 PM
Masons car was pushing hard when he hit page, not much he really could of done. Mason about got wrecked by don oneal as well

When you overdrive, pushes happen.

GrocMax
09-08-2019, 06:36 PM
Did anyone else notice how soft the RR on the 49 was compared to everyone else?

play4kps
09-08-2019, 06:44 PM
Your right Frye, but the real reason for that Eldora is not a late model track, they dont race late models all summer there. People have to understand when you dont race late models but a few times a year, How can you expect a good race surface. They have not raced late models all summer long, After the dream, not late model race until the Baltes in September, thats a joke for those hallowed grounds to not run the cars they claim to be the home of for basically all of June, July and August. I know the dream is in June, but early June.

play4kps
09-08-2019, 06:51 PM
Come on Jed, thats unfair, we all fall short of the glory of God and Don is man enough to admit it. You find me a perfect christian and Ill show you a liar. Im not much a fan of his either, but he did do a heck of a job raising that boy of his. Awesome kid.

kazual
09-08-2019, 07:02 PM
Promoters will race whatever makes them money. If the “hallowed” grounds, as you call them, can’t support other late model events then the powers of the late model world should pay very close attention to the waning fan and driver interest in anything other than the World and Dream.

racedad11
09-08-2019, 07:49 PM
Eldora doesn`t race anything with regularity anymore. At the end of the year the late models will have ran more races than any other class this year, they just happen to be packed into 2 weekends and a couple other races. Hell, the modifieds and stock cars are crowning champions off of 3 races, after 3 rainouts.

Dlmfan123
09-08-2019, 08:38 PM
Anybody know what’s up with Michael pages future? Ben said he won’t be racing much anymore, just picked up a brand new s&s hauler with in the last couple months

nomar523
09-08-2019, 08:51 PM
I have a friend who is handicapped, walks with a cane. We couldnt park in the handicapped area because it was totally full. They removed a whole row of handicapped parking in the north end for golf carts. My friend had to park back at the campsite, walk up. This year was all about how many campers you could squeeze in. Minimal parking, and if you dod find a spot on Eldora's land, it was 5 bucks a day. Only 1 vehicle allowed per camp site. All the prices at eldora went up this year, camping, tickets, food, drinks. I do believe they are trying to be as fan friendly as they can, but its gonna cost you.

play4kps
09-08-2019, 09:09 PM
I understand racedad. We can brag about all the improvements that has been done at eldora but the real improvement needs to be is races at the track. Who cares if you have a Taj Mahal and you only use it a few nights a year.

TBSprintFan
09-08-2019, 09:30 PM
You could see from early on that Pierce's tires weren't going to last 100laps the way he was driving that car or that he would hit the wall.

It was just like the movie Six Pack except it was a tire for Pierce and a motor for the Turk.
"And sooner or later BOOM" and the six pack crew laugh in the motorhome. Lmao

ride height
09-08-2019, 09:42 PM
You could see from early on that Pierce's tires weren't going to last 100laps the way he was driving that car or that he would hit the wall.

It was just like the movie Six Pack except it was a tire for Pierce and a motor for the Turk.

I was thinking the same thing about 20 laps in.....there is no way the 32 car can be driven like that for 100 laps without torching a RR, but it was fun to watch while it lasted. 👍

#FALSuperman
09-08-2019, 11:02 PM
Officially only the 3rd World 100 in history to have under 100 cars (officially 98).
The other 2 times? The very 1st and 2nd World 100's (1971, 1972).

buster83
09-08-2019, 11:52 PM
what was he sniffing up his nose?

tigwelder
09-09-2019, 08:25 AM
i thought pierce did a good job and led the most laps. which only the last lap counts. i have seen him bounce off the wall lots of other times and the same experts said he won't make a 100 laps but did.he also had the best wrap on his car . JD ran a race.

Bob Hubbard
09-09-2019, 09:12 AM
Big events attract fans because all the fast guys are there ... I think if you put all of it together it was a good show ....The weather was great for openers ... If jd had broke it .... There were a bunch that had a shot at it ... Anyone have any ideal what kinda money Tony makes on an event like this after its all said n done ....

denopolis23
09-09-2019, 09:43 AM
I thought the track was fairly racy. A lot of action for 2nd place in several races and on back through the field. I do agree with the SxS complaint though. Somebody's gonna get hurt if they don't get rid of them. There's cops everywhere, how's that not a DUI. If somebody hit my kid trying to get back to the car I'd gutstomp everybody on that mofo. Its gonna happen at some point if something isn't changed. And whats up with the family section, I thought it was supposed to be alcohol free? I"m all for having a few coldbeers, but I got seats there to keep my boy away from all the filthy talk and theres still people crackin open bud lights all around me. Was still a better atmosphere for the kids though compared to the rest of the seats. Although there were only a couple kids in the whole section. Seems like they need to enforce their rules a little better IMO. Still had a great time as always. I've been to ten in a row and plan on another 30 lord willin'

Bloomerdirtking
09-09-2019, 10:03 AM
Only complaint i got is fat a$$e$ taking way more room then they purchased. Either put the wood slats between all the seats like some on the main grandstand section to make it uncomfortable as hell for those hogging space. Or tech peoples hip width like they do ride height on late models. If your a$$ doesn’t fit the template sorry no entry into that section. I am 6’3” 235 and some of the people have one leg as big around as my waist.

zyoung25
09-09-2019, 10:19 AM
I do agree with the SxS complaint though. Somebody's gonna get hurt if they don't get rid of them. There's cops everywhere, how's that not a DUI. If somebody hit my kid trying to get back to the car I'd gutstomp everybody on that mofo. Its gonna happen at some point if something isn't changed.'

I dont get why they allow SXS'. I remember when they outlawed quads several years ago. I just don't get how allowing the SXS crowd is any better. IMO it's more dangerous.

RiffRaf67
09-09-2019, 10:55 AM
Tossin in my 2 cents...

As much as we all have cussed mother nature this year, hats off to the old lady for a fantastic stretch of weather and saving us all from coming back in october.

With all due respect for Katie Spriggs at Knoxville, Rusty Shields is da man! I was hoping I was going to be able to sing along the Austrailan national anthem but it was not to be.

On that note, hats off also to Kye Blight, good job mate!
And the canadian, Weiss, who was also fast all weekend.
It truly was a "world" 100 and hope that pattern continues to repeat itself.

Thursday night, I dont know which is more impressive, Moyer winning #840 or Hudson winning on his 19th birthday
(dont answer that, moyer, but (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), what the heck were YOU doing when you turned 19?)
(in fact, don’t answer any of this)
Schlenk represented himself well with the Heat race win.

Friday, Poor Jon Henry, leading, dodged the one car that spun in front of him only to end up tangled up with a lapped car when both dived to the bottom. Was cheering hard, hope to see him back again.

Don Oneal, wtf?

Can Madden ever give an interview without whining about something?? I dont think so..

JD’s wrap was pretty good, I liked it. Really looked like that car had set out in the weeds for a year or 2 before it came to race. The die casts were just as cool. Not a fan of the driver tho and I walked out on him Friday night. But again, got to give credit where credit is due, wheelin that thing without power steering for 70 laps was impressive. JD deserved that win.

Not near as many boos for the GOAT as past years, I guess absence makes the heart grow fonder. I am on neither side of the fence, but still, glad to see him there, looks like he still needs to heal up a bit more tho.

Please stop with the "Record breaking" crowd already. Have heard it ad naseum for the past 3/4 years at all the major events, so much that you just have ignore it at this point (with no numbers ever given to back it up) To my amateur, untrained eye, I have seen more on the hillsides in the past so I aint buyin it, but hey, what the heck do I know?

And yes, there were “Record breaking” 800 more camp sites sold, of course, cause the free lot is gone. Goes without saying…
And my world tickets cost me 50 bucks more for the weekend, should start announcing record breaking profits. (my whole year package (dream, royal, world) cost me 120 bucks more than last year.

Thank you Wade Unger for bringing the "fan phone flashlights" to the states. I dont know how it looked from the drivers point of view but I think it was impressive.

Thanks god no red flag fuel stop. (Hear me knoxville?)

(Welcome Home) Sanatarium.

Ryan21mid
09-09-2019, 10:56 AM
What is everyone's thoughts on the globe changing? That trophy has been so iconic for all these years, now it suddenly changes for the 49th annual World? Just odd to me, not the same without "the globe"

brsteg
09-09-2019, 11:31 AM
What is everyone's thoughts on the globe changing? That trophy has been so iconic for all these years, now it suddenly changes for the 49th annual World? Just odd to me, not the same without "the globe"

You wouldn't change the Borg-Warner would you? I don't know why they changed the World 100 trophy... what they gave away simply is not the Globe trophy. AND there were always 2 Globe trophy's given away, one for the driver and one for the owner.
Not a fan.

zyoung25
09-09-2019, 11:33 AM

Its stupid. That trophy was and is iconic to the sport, it didn't changed or updated. Earl probably just rolled over in his grave.

Bloomerdirtking
09-09-2019, 11:39 AM
I’d say thanks for the new hardware Smoke, but i would like my traditional Globe trophy as well. Nice gesture but it ain’t a globe.

TS FAN
09-09-2019, 11:45 AM
Big events attract fans because all the fast guys are there ... I think if you put all of it together it was a good show ....The weather was great for openers ... If jd had broke it .... There were a bunch that had a shot at it ... Anyone have any ideal what kinda money Tony makes on an event like this after its all said n done ....

It is not so much what Tony makes as what the event makes. Huge profits for sure. Tony spreads it around though, and it take his accountant to figure out what he makes. LOL
I knew Earl and he had less payroll than Tony. However, it reaps big big bucks, obviously.

dirt crow
09-09-2019, 11:58 AM
Hated the trophy

makin'bakin'
09-09-2019, 12:19 PM
My notes from the weekend:

- Don O'neal sucks
- Mike Marlar is honest
- Scott Bloomquist looks likes he has aged 20 years in the last 10 months
- Hudson will be a stud in DLM racing (Sooner than later)
- The beer was cold
- The weather was great
- Don O'neal sucks
- The place was packed
- Glad to see Saturday night fever again at the Big E
- I wasn't a fan of the trophy
- I didn't win the 50/50
- Next year will be epic
- Don O'neal sucks

Ryan21mid
09-09-2019, 12:33 PM
Thanks. Just making sure I wasn't the only one who noticed and didn't like it.

Rocky
09-09-2019, 03:22 PM
My thoughts are I sure do wish I was there, just like every year. Hopefully next year can finally be the year I get to go to the World. I went to the Dream 12 years ago. For some of us, it’s kind of a once in a lifetime thing. Loved the Brewster Baker 49. God willing see you next year.

Dlmfan123
09-09-2019, 04:16 PM
Still trying to catch up from the weekend, Shirley d!cked overton in The b after he drove from 12-4 in his heat...could tell the car wasn’t the same after he drove threw his right front

ride height
09-09-2019, 04:35 PM
Haha...ya...use a stagger stick on some of the big ol boys (and gals). Over about 18”..you buy 2 seats. It does get a little ridiculous , some of the people.

ride height
09-09-2019, 04:49 PM
It should look like the Stanley cup, silver...xcept the cup is a globe. Place the winners on it like the Stanley cup. There...I’ll take my lifetime 2 tickets.😇

Mams
09-09-2019, 04:51 PM

- Don O'neal sucks
- Mike Marlar is honest
- The beer was cold
- The weather was great
- Don O'neal sucks
- The place was packed
- I didn't win the 50/50
- Next year will be epic
- Don O'neal sucks

Do you have any opinion on the idiotic driving of Don O’Neal?

Krooser
09-09-2019, 05:30 PM
Haven't been since I sorta helped drag a wedge car to the 100 in '83.

Might go back for the 50th...

I see they tore down the cornfield restrooms in turn four. No more pooping in the field?

Do they still only have two urinals for 40,000 people?

Darn it... I hate all that fancy stuff.

TerryM
09-09-2019, 05:31 PM
I don’t have a single negative thing to say about the whole weekend. It was my 29th World 100, but my first since moving to Georgia in 2014. The place is magical, and better than ever. There isn’t anything else like it in America. It was even more magical for my wife, Melissa. She grew up at dirt tracks, specifically Swainsboro, where her dad raced and several of her other family members worked (including her Uncle Ollie, who flagged). Before I met her in 2013, she’d never been to a dirt track north of Georgia. This was her first time at Eldora. The fact she’s been a huge JD fan for many years made it even better. She was losing her mind the whole race. Needless to say, we bought several Brewster shirts, which was a brilliant marketing strategy for JD. We even watched the movie on YouTube with our granddaughters in Knoxville the night before we continued our trip to Rossburg. Our oldest (7-years old) is now begging to go to a race.

I could go on and on about how awesome Eldora is and how perfect the weekend was for us. My first time at Eldora was a sprint race in 1969, when I was a baby, but I count 1980 as my real first time there. When I watched Charlie Swartz win the World 100. This one was every bit as magical as my first. Thank you again, Earl, for building it, and thank you Tony for making it even better. I can’t wait til next year!

JabberJaws83
09-09-2019, 06:40 PM

- Don O'neal sucks
- Mike Marlar is honest
- The beer was cold
- The weather was great
- Don O'neal sucks
- The place was packed
- I didn't win the 50/50
- Next year will be epic
- Don O'neal sucks

Spot on!

Btw- Don O’Neal sucks

chupp n bloomer fan
09-09-2019, 07:22 PM
The Brewster shirts were beyond a smart marketing strategy. My brother and I love Six Pack. Once we knew JD’s design, I asked him which one he wanted, and I liked the other one better. He got the one with the camper, I got the one with the car. Online of course, Saturday at 4:30ish they were sold out.

Would not have bought them if we weren’t fans of JD. Quite frankly though, I think the Moyer/Bloomer torch is being passed to him.

Glad your wife liked it. Only one my wife will go too no questions asked.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-09-2019, 07:23 PM
Nah he just stepped on his fin as usual.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-09-2019, 07:24 PM
And the track doesn’t need any tweaking. Maybe, just maybe, try and have more moisture on the bottom, but that’s it.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-09-2019, 07:26 PM
Eldora seriously needs to update the frontstretch and add more seats with more room

Don O Neal drives like a knucklehead

Why did we have to start at 7:38 p.m. on saturday. Start earlier so we can end at a decent hour and be able to go in pits and enjoy ourselves after the races. I know it was only 11 something but still.

Racing was good but man it is so dang aero dependent. Please someone step up and change this so the little guy has a shot.The frontstretch stands need demoed and put in much bigger stands. With actual leg room, and bigger seats. One heavy person in one of them rows and you are screwed.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-09-2019, 07:38 PM

I was thinking the same thing about 20 laps in.....there is no way the 32 car can be driven like that for 100 laps without torching a RR, but it was fun to watch while it lasted. Not making a new thread about this because we all know it’ll be a crapstorm. I wasn’t taking my eyes off the race, but I was going to post at about lap 20-30, this ain’t going to last. He’s coming outta the corner sideways, JD and later Ricky, are straight. The tires aren’t going to last. They gotta get him a more balanced car. Truly was only place he could run. The top.

And the DoD article, mainly why I said I am not making a post, because of the obvious. It’s not bad luck when you’re overdriving the car. It’s you guys making your own crappy luck. You can’t except Bobby to run 100 laps balls out against the wall and the car hold up. It did at I80, because there was a lot of moisture in the track and a big cushion. But chances are it ain’t going to last. I think he’ll learn in time.

Mentioned wanting more moisture in the track also. The heats except for where they ran each other over weren’t very good. Eldora tacky is good to watch for a few laps, but everyone is equal and balls out. Only passes are sliders and bonsais. Feature time it was good. I understand for him it woulda helped, but the racing wouldn’t have been better. Maybe moisture in the bottom, that’s it.

I feel for Bobby, but on the big stage, they gotta get a slick track program/set up figured out.

dirt junkie
09-09-2019, 08:26 PM
Best trip to a race I’ve had in a long time.

New campsites that were awesome for us. Had 4 spots in the southwest corner of the Northside lot, right on the corner of Northstar and 118. No shenanigans happening around us, which is what we like. Will be renewing those spots for as many years as the lord will let me.

Sat in top row patio seats Friday night for the first time and grass hillside in 3&4 on Saturday. Awesome views from each spot but those patio seats are primo.

Weather was perfect, beer was cold, racing was good, Babb won a heat,only thing that could’ve made it better is to hit that 50/50!

mll8pt
09-10-2019, 02:01 AM
Awesome weekend
get JD and Landers a real Globe trophy
meet new friends every year
rusty rocked it all 3 night
horses carrying the flag still give me chills
party in speedy was best in a long time
aero packages on cars need changed
get rid of sxs before someone gets killed
eldora is an awesome experience every year.

TerryM
09-10-2019, 06:05 AM
Sorry we couldn’t get together, CnB. I met up with some Ohio family for lunch in Greenville on Saturday. We chose Buffalo Wild Wings and immediately regretted it. It took forever to have our order taken, and then almost an hour to finally get our food. Didn’t get to the track until after the autograph session was already over. Our experience at BWW’s was the only negative of the weekend. We’ll definitely get together next time!

Madcat
09-10-2019, 07:46 AM
Awesome weekend
get JD and Landers a real Globe trophy
meet new friends every year
rusty rocked it all 3 night
horses carrying the flag still give me chills
party in speedy was best in a long time
aero packages on cars need changed
get rid of sxs before someone gets killed
eldora is an awesome experience every year.

Spot on about Speedy, the party was legit. But the best part was, we didn't deal with any of it up front in row 8 right on the south drive. We walked to Mikes for some Tenderloins and Fries about 10 times throughout the weekend and had clear views of when the port a pots were cleaned, and safe for use.

The party in the back of the south drive looked insane though but seemed to keep order pretty nice.

The SXS need gone. I can't believe the owner allows it being that he's making millions and probably reporting about $250K annually profit. Lawsuit waiting to happen when someone kills someone with one and he will lose it all.

The BFE lot was packed Thursday mid day when we arrived but it looks like a really nice smaller and chill lot close enough to Speedy to enjoy the festivities but get a good nights sleep.

RW57
09-10-2019, 04:31 PM
I'm a Page fan he has worked hard but to say Mason's car was pushing there was nothing he could do WTF it's called lifting the throttle Page will have to fix his stuff Mason will probably just send his back to chassis builder tell him call me when it's done. Big difference.Him being sorry don't fix nothing fore Page.

kazual
09-10-2019, 07:21 PM
Saw the video of the O’Neal and Robinson incident. Don has better car control than that, hard for me to believe he thought he could make the corner without contact. Reminds me of when he took out Mars at Knoxville, maybe mid 2000s somewhere, Mars passed him clean out of 2, Don never lifted going into 3 only having a bead drawn on Jimmy’s left quarter.

TerryM
09-10-2019, 07:33 PM
Everyone is talking about O’Neal, but there were a bunch of other guys driving the same way. The first two or three heats Saturday were insane. Awesome for us fans, but really tough on the drivers.

fastford
09-10-2019, 07:37 PM
I'm a Page fan he has worked hard but to say Mason's car was pushing there was nothing he could do WTF it's called lifting the throttle Page will have to fix his stuff Mason will probably just send his back to chassis builder tell him call me when it's done. Big difference.Him being sorry don't fix nothing fore Page.

your right , but im pretty sure , page will be alright as well........

RapidRuss
09-10-2019, 07:39 PM
I'm a Page fan he has worked hard but to say Mason's car was pushing there was nothing he could do WTF it's called lifting the throttle Page will have to fix his stuff Mason will probably just send his back to chassis builder tell him call me when it's done. Big difference.Him being sorry don't fix nothing fore Page.I'm not sure anybody will lose sleep over Page having to fix his car from somebody being overly aggressive!! I'd say he's still way ahead on that move!!

Jking24
09-10-2019, 08:27 PM
Eldora village was fairly quiet as usual. All though we didn't see anything dangerous i do agree with the side by sides leaving. I seem to remember them tickling the bottom groove through out the night most years in the past to help get the bottom to come in. Overall great time as usual. I feel like this year has been the worst year for Bobby and his aggressive top riding. He has always pushed it and ran the top but he used to have the ability/ restraint to use it when it helped most and conserve as needed. He also used to be able to run it straighter than most which is how he made it last when others couldn't. This year it seems like he is literally just throwing it in their for all its worth with no finess from lap one. (Maybe to much time around Bronson lol)

Dlmfan123
09-10-2019, 10:44 PM
J king Kyle hasn’t even been working out of Bobby’s shop recently