PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brothers Racing Makes History at the World 100

Ben Shelton
09-11-2019, 10:36 AM
For Immediate Release
September 11, 2019

Scott Brothers Racing Makes History at the World 100
Stormy Scott and Johnny Scott Prepare for Knoxville

Las Cruces, New Mexico (09/11/19) – Johnny and Stormy Scott most definitely left their mark on Eldora Speedway in their World 100 debut. The twin brothers from New Mexico made history throughout the weekend.

Stormy made a clean sweep of the weekend’s Shane Unger Rookie Awards to pocket $4,079 in cash prizes in his Mesilla Valley Transportation No. 2s Bloomquist Race Car/ Clements Racing Engine Late Model. Meanwhile, Stormy also claimed a pair of checks for his rookie performances in his Rancho Milagro No. 1st Bloomquist Race Car/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model. Not finished making history there, the brothers became the first New Mexico racers in history to qualify for the coveted finale. Last but not least, they were the only two rookies in the finale.

Stormy crossed the finish line in fourth, while Johnny registered a 21st-place finish.

“Our cars just kept getting better and better throughout the weekend,” Stormy said. “Early in the weekend, we both battled being good early in the night, but struggling late. However, by the time we got to Saturday our cars were good the whole night. Late in the 100 lapper my car really came to life, and I thought I might have a shot at the win but just couldn’t get past those last three guys. It was an amazing weekend though, and I can’t wait to go back.”

For Johnny Scott, he may not have gotten the finish he wanted in the 100 lapper, but it was still a dream weekend.

“Of everything I’ve ever done in my career, this is definitely my biggest moment,” Johnny commented in regards to qualifying for the 100-lap finale on Saturday night. “In the feature we were a little too tight early, but once we got rolling, I started picking some cars off. I got down a lap early there and was trapped in dirty air and couldn’t show just how good we were. I really think we had a Top-10 car, but overall, I can’t complain on how well we did our first time here. I can’t wait to come back.”

Thursday night found both Stormy and Johnny Scott making their World 100 debut at Eldora Speedway (Rossburg, Ohio) during the 49th running of the event. Drawing 98 cars for a pair of preliminary features, Stormy locked his spot into the A-Main with a second-place finish in his heat race behind Brian Shirley, while Johnny finished fourth in his heat to earn a spot in a prelim.

With $10,000 on the line, Johnny crossed the finish line in the 16th position, while Stormy registered a 14th-place outing.

For the second round of the World 100 on Friday evening, Johnny edged his way into a $10,000-to-win preliminary feature with a fourth-place finish in his heat race, while Stormy finished sixth. Recording a runner-up finish in his B-Main behind Scott James, Stormy earned the 24th-starting position for the A-Main.

In the 25-lap features, Johnny slipped seven spots to place 22nd, while Stormy notched a 21st-place finish.

Wrapping up the 49th annual World 100 on Saturday night, Stormy secured his spot into the main event with an impressive 15-lap heat race victory, while Johnny grabbed the third-and-final transfer spot in his heat race. With $52,000 on the line, Stormy gained one spot in the 100-lap affair to finish fourth behind Jonathan Davenport, Jimmy Owens, and Ricky Weiss. Johnny slipped four spots to notch a 21st-place finish.

For full results from the weekend, please visit www.EldoraSpeedway.com .

Scott Brothers Racing carries their momentum into another crown jewel this weekend with a trip to the Iowa’s Knoxville Raceway for the 16th annual Lucas Oil Late Model Knoxville Nationals. The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) event features a pair of $7,000-to-win features on Thursday and Friday evening, while Saturday’s program boasts a $40,000 top prize.

For more information on the weekend, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

Scott Brothers Racing would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include Mesilla Valley Transportation, Rancho Milagro, Intercomp, Boller Motorsports, Mullins Race Engines, Maxima Racing Oils, Sweet-Bloomquist Race Cars, Top of the World Ranch, VP Racing Fuels, Eagle Moon Farms, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Vanderbuilt Race Cars, Shocks by Precision Performance, REAL Racing Wheels, KBC Graphix, Simpson Race Products, FK Rod Ends, Fast Shafts, Willy’s Carburetors & Speed Shop, Beyea Custom Headers, Out-Pace Racing Products, Eibach, All Star Performance and MSR Mafia Marketing & PR Services.

For the latest information on Scott Brothers Racing, please visit their cyber home at www.ScottBrothersRacing.com .