09-18-2019, 03:29 PM
Knoxville
St Fin Driver
18 1 Jimmy Owens
9 2 Brandon Sheppard
16 3 Hudson O’Neal
17 4 Devin Moran
20 5 Kyle Bronson

I can't remember a top 5 coming from so deep.

dch191
09-18-2019, 03:44 PM
The 2017 silver dollar Nationals was pretty close to matching that. The top 3 of T Mac, Sheppard, and Bronson came from 15, 32, and 17. Bloomquist and Babb started 4 and 9 to round out the top 5 but the averages are almost identical

dirt crow
09-18-2019, 03:47 PM
That’s good stuff!

MotoMatt
09-18-2019, 04:24 PM
I can tell you this much, I was watching Owens march through the field in a very controlled and methodical way the entire race. With about 30 to go I told my buddy to watch him because it seemed like he was holding back and then at 20 to go he turned the wick up and drove right past everyone until he got to the leader. He was the class of the field and deserved that win!

klemmabyna
09-18-2019, 09:14 PM
I can tell you this much, I was watching Owens march through the field in a very controlled and methodical way the entire race. With about 30 to go I told my buddy to watch him because it seemed like he was holding back and then at 20 to go he turned the wick up and drove right past everyone until he got to the leader. He was the class of the field and deserved that win!

noticed the same thing. and he was possessed. un-jimmy like slider on b shepp for the lead and door slammed the lapper of bloomquist to stay in command. iowa crowd will always be for birky and simpsons, but owens and T mac seem to be adopted sons.

admission: didn't care who took the checkers as long as it wasn't madden or Bronson. and this young crew are capable but need to earn some stripes.

one more note on the weekend: josh Richards was on the charge Friday night in the 25 lap race. would have enjoyed seeing him last longer on Saturday

I meant two more!!! ricky thornton jr.: took notice long before he stepped into a late model. along with ricky Weiss and the scott brothers. throw in Strickler. the performance of these modified stars should have some seat fillers worried.

jmo.

if you haven't been there yet, get to Knoxville!

kazual
09-19-2019, 05:47 AM
That just can’t be Klem. Don’t you know that the only good dirt racing is straight up starts determined by time trials. The type where the finishing position usually corresponds to where they started. The type that what order the cars qualify in largely determines their starting position as the track deteriorates during time trials. The type that burns up the track and wastes time. The kind where the track locks down half way thru and the cars look like a bunch of beads on a string one behind the other. You know places like Knoxville and I80 use a format that confuses so many of our brethren. Shame on you Klem, blasphemous 🙂.

fastford
09-19-2019, 08:12 AM
klem , those sliders seem to be the norm now days , if you cant beat them , join them , lol , any way , heck of a run JO , congrats..........