PDA

View Full Version : FALS Frenzy Details ANNOUNCED - $5,000-to-win Friday, $15,000-to-win Saturday.

Shiny Side Up 18
09-21-2019, 10:49 AM
Per Fairbury FB page:

FALS Frenzy Weekend presented by Edelman Inc. set for October 11th & 12th now paying $15,000 to win for the Late Model Finale.

For the first time in Fairbury Speedway history, Stock car racing will take center stage on the weekend of October 11/12 as the FALS Frenzy presented by Edelman Inc. will be highlighted with Saturday night’s feature now paying $15,000 to win and a strong $700 to start the feature. The October weekend which was originally scheduled for May 11th, was postponed due to persistent rain that would not allow speedway officials to get the show in. “The postponement was a golden opportunity to put together something special in October” said track owner Matt Curl. “With the addition of a second night of racing, it gives fans and drivers the opportunity for one more exciting weekend of racing at FALS.”

The weekend will kick off with a complete show of Late Models paying $5,000 to win, Modifieds $1,500 to win and Pro-Crate Late Models $750 win on Friday October 11th. Saturday October 12th will highlight a 60 lap $15,000 to win complete show for the Late Models, $2,000 to win for the Modifieds and $1,000 to win for the Pr0-Crate Late Models. Street Stocks which were originally announced as a part of the FALS Frenzy line-up will not be racing this weekend.

Reserved seating and camping is available online at www.fairburyspeedway.com. Grounds will open up on Thursday afternoon at 12pm for camping reservations and race car hauler parking for the weekend. Any rainout race bands left from the 2019 season can be used at this event for the value purchased. All the camping reservations made for the FALS Frenzy on the original date of May 11th will be honored for this weekend. Any questions can email falstickets@gmail.com.

A huge thank you goes out to our event title sponsor Edelman Electric, Plumbing, Heating and Cooling for all their support of the Fairbury Speedway. Check them out on the website at www.edelmaninc.com.

Full event detail at : http://www.fairburyspeedway.com/event_info/FALS_October_11-12_Event_Information.pdf

dch191
09-21-2019, 12:46 PM
Kinda disappointed they’re dropping the street stocks that night but will still be an awesome show. Looking forward to making the 5 hour trip up that weekend!

Dlmfan123
09-21-2019, 02:14 PM
Dch not saying this is you, but people complain when there are too many classes, and it people complain when there aren’t enough. Literally never ending

WisWildManFan
09-21-2019, 02:35 PM
I was hoping they were going to add non wings for the announcement... should be a great show though. Hopefully get some different cars that don’t have the opportunity to come during the summer.

WisWildManFan
09-21-2019, 02:35 PM
I think street stocks would be better than crates but just my thoughts

cgrace
09-21-2019, 10:32 PM
Thank you Fairbury for the two day show and the three classes. This fan is very happy.

golddirt
09-22-2019, 01:25 PM
I hate two day shows especially small ones

TerryM
09-22-2019, 02:16 PM
I hate two day shows especially small ones
This isn’t a two day show. It’s two completely separate shows.

golddirt
09-22-2019, 03:06 PM
Tomatoe tamatoe it’s still a pain when your close to two hours away which definitely takes Friday out, this is a bad thing imo as fairbury is becoming a special about every other week now days thru the season and I know I will get bashed but they are killing the weekly racer too.

HoosierDirtFan
09-22-2019, 03:06 PM
Think this will be a good show. Not sure I like screwing the street stock drivers & teams like that. It's a good way to alienate drivers and teams.

But I believe the reason they where dropped is due to the possible fact with the higher late model payout, the size of the pit area at FALS, & possible high number of late models that may come to race; the pits would be crammed with cars with 4 divisions. I would have preferred the street stocks over the Crate Late Models though. O well guess we should be appreciative of the track and what Matt Curl and staff do there as one of the better racing facilities in the U.S.

With many tracks done for the year this could be a great field of local, regional, & national level talent.

HoosierDirtFan
09-22-2019, 03:12 PM
Golddirt I think you may be close on the weekly racer thought.

To many fans think just because its a special it will be a good show. I've seen plenty of good weekly shows over the years. No need for a special or tour series show every few weeks. Problem with that I think is young folks just don't seem to be into racing as in years past. A way to help pay for the racing at the track during the season is to get fans to the track and the easiest way that seems to be done is having special events. I think some here on 4m will some what understand what I just said.

thexfactor0210
09-22-2019, 04:04 PM
They should have ran street stocks friday and crates on daturday. That would have helped with keeping the pits inclogged and only 3 classes a night.

golddirt
09-22-2019, 04:22 PM
Hoosier, also cost a lot more for families to go to special shows so they really narrow down who they want as customers plus with all of social media a lot of times you can see it for free. Personally I’m getting to the point of rather watching streets you know where the guys actually work on their own cars. Heck a lot of these late model drivers have never had a real job, yep it’s the next level. Got a little off topic but let’s get back to grass roots

fryefan
09-22-2019, 07:15 PM
They do not need to run street stocks at a major event like this.

WisWildManFan
09-22-2019, 07:28 PM
How many crates do you guys think will show up? $2500 to win most weeks is pretty good for the weekly racer

chupp n bloomer fan
09-23-2019, 03:35 AM
They do not need to run street stocks at a major event like this.While you’re totally correct, a lot of times anymore they are the best racing. And the top guys certainly aren’t running a bone stock 81’ Monte anymore.

The way they are out there is how they are in NE Ohio where I grew up. Top notch good drivers and cars.

turnleftandgasit
09-23-2019, 07:36 AM
I for one hate having too many classes. Just this past week they planned on 7 classes and I voiced my opinion that it was excessive. That being said, I don't feel 4 classes is excessive, but I am also not upset that they were taken off the card. Yes the SS put on a good show at Fairbury but with this harvest season getting pushed back, unknown weather and the extra money going to LM's, they are not needed.