PDA

View Full Version : Mansfield motorspeedway

Spanky44
09-23-2019, 11:18 AM
After heading rumors of the dirt million being moved to kokomo, it looks like the track is going to get torn down.

Ne1butBLOOMER
09-23-2019, 11:59 AM
Does Kokomo have enough seating for an event of this size? Looked kinda small to me

brsteg
09-23-2019, 12:16 PM
Idk what their capacity is now, but they added the nice sized backstretch grandstands in last couple of years.

I've only been once, and I worry about space in general for that type of event not just seating. Maybe they have more property than I saw or know of. They do host a fairly big 4 Day non-wing sprint car event, but not with near the purse as Cody's Dirt Late Model Big One has had.

MittenMadman
09-23-2019, 12:24 PM
Well that didn’t last long. Was worth a shot I guess. Can’t imagine Cody comes out on top of this one but I’m not going to knock a guy for trying.

Mams
09-23-2019, 01:34 PM
There are rumors that Mansfield is being purchased & will remain a race track.

Spanky44
09-23-2019, 01:36 PM
There are rumors that Mansfield is being purchased & will remain a race track.

I sure hope you are right. The facility is awesome. I could also see Cody just running out tracks to hold his events. It makes much more sense to do that than trying to run 8 different things that he is involved in and them all being half assed like the dirt million this year.

MachineMasters
09-23-2019, 04:57 PM
Does Kokomo have enough seating for an event of this size? Looked kinda small to me

The backstretch has a huuuuuge set of bleachers.
I think fan parking would be an issue but do think the racecar haulers would all fit - pits are fairly large with a lot of open space (could easily reconfigure the pit parking to accomodate more haulers compared to how they park weekly).

Track is really nice when it slicks off and gets wide.

non driving fool
09-23-2019, 05:18 PM
There are rumors that Mansfield is being purchased & will remain a race track. Lets wait for gear head to check in. He ALWAYS has all the correct info!!!

Ne1butBLOOMER
09-23-2019, 05:29 PM
Erb mentioned it in his interview Friday night as well.

WisWildManFan
09-23-2019, 05:41 PM
Did I miss where it was announced Mansfield is done?

GEAR_HEAD
09-23-2019, 06:29 PM
Lets wait for gear head to check in. He ALWAYS has all the correct info!!!

At least now you can admit that I was right and you were wrong!

non driving fool
09-23-2019, 08:10 PM
Nothing you have said in the last year and a half has come true. If stupidity could fly you'd be a jet fighter!

hoosier race fan
09-23-2019, 08:20 PM
The backstretch stands at Kokomo were brand new last season. They are about half as long as the stands on the front stretch, but probably 10-12 rows higher. The rows on the backstretch have a little more room, so I would say the number of seats on both sides of the track are probably about equal.

Kokomo hosts the USAC sprint car smackdown, which I would consider a comparable event to the dirt million (as it was at Mansfield). The pit area at Kokomo could handle the number of late models that show has been attracting. Their main issue would be spectator parking and seating. It was a very good crowd Friday. I’d love to see that Lucas Oil show continue at Kokomo. I would honestly prefer to see the Dirt Million at Lawrenceburg. Great facility that would be comparable to Mansfield and well suited to hosting a major event. Give the Burg their “Whiskey City 60” date back and make it the new Dirt Million.

JabberJaws83
09-23-2019, 08:37 PM
The jerk off that promotes Lawrenceburg would never let Cody promote a race there. But, I agree, the facility is perfect

GEAR_HEAD
09-23-2019, 08:58 PM
Nothing you have said in the last year and a half has come true. If stupidity could fly you'd be a jet fighter!

You're mistaken, as usual. Once again I'm right, you're wrong. But you should be used to that by now.

fryefan
09-23-2019, 09:06 PM
The jerk off that promotes Lawrenceburg would never let Cody promote a race there. But, I agree, the facility is perfect

And that is totally understandable. If the track already has a promoter, then they should promote any races held there.

2thextreme
09-24-2019, 12:43 AM
After heading rumors of the dirt million being moved to kokomo, it looks like the track is going to get torn down.I haven't gotten to watch the race of DoD yet? Was it good racing? Do you think this will be a good move? Have the dates for the Million event been confirmed yet? Will it be August 20, 21 and 22, 2020?

Bloomerdirtking
09-24-2019, 06:05 AM
i was there Friday and the racing was fantastic. Multiple grooves for a 1/4 mile track. As far as seating Cody could always bring in temporary bleachers. Kokomo has farm fields to the west and east of the track that runs parallel to both the front and back straights. Maybe they have a plan in place to secure parking space. it would be doable but it will be tight. Bring it to Kokomo Cody!!

HoosierDirtFan
09-24-2019, 06:53 AM
I was there as Kokomo is one of my favorite tracks. Two hours from home. That would be awesome to see the Dirt Million at Kokomo.

3 wide
09-24-2019, 01:01 PM
Let me see if I got this correct he had a race track and couldn't run it so now he is going to put on a show at a race track that is well run I don't understand this at all.

brsteg
09-24-2019, 01:23 PM
Let me see if I got this correct he had a race track and couldn't run it so now he is going to put on a show at a race track that is well run I don't understand this at all.

Well, Cody was the promoter of the Kokomo event last week.

3 wide
09-24-2019, 01:53 PM
So he has found a way to sponge of another race track wonder how long this will last.

jensenracing18
09-24-2019, 02:39 PM
This happens every weekend all around the country Cody isn't the first to promote a race at a track someone else owns..

hoosier race fan
09-24-2019, 03:27 PM
The DTWC has seemed to work out just fine with someone promoting a race at someone else’s track. Many of the World of Outlaws (sprints) shows are like that.

The Dirt Million would probably have to change dates if it moved to Kokomo. It has been the exact same days as the Sprint Car Smackdown.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-24-2019, 05:22 PM
So he has found a way to sponge of another race track wonder how long this will last.All you do is bash him no matter what. He didn’t own Mansfield, he couldn’t afford to risk putting in the money to get good actual clay, and then having it sold out from under him. He was screwed from the start. And then with the sh!t surface and not owning it, totally screwed.

Maybe you can buy it lock stock and barrel. Show him how it’s done.

Jking24
09-24-2019, 06:17 PM
While i think the weather is really what will autimetly put the final nail in Mansfields coffin(and i really hope this doesn't happen). Cody didn't do it or himself any favors this year. He showed the fans zero consideration the whole event seemed to have a "i don't give a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) where out of here after this" type of feel to it. Especially to those of us who camped. I have been to two dome races and both dirt million races. And at this point i don't know if I'll give another dime to cody. And with out fan support his events will die.

3 wide
09-24-2019, 06:51 PM
Your exactly right jking if you don't know what your doing an you don't care about your fans it's just a matter of time.

bill39
09-24-2019, 06:56 PM
heard talk at sprint week that kokomo is trying to buy some of the field across the street behind the railroad for additional parking and a drainage pond

intel8
09-24-2019, 08:26 PM
Mansfield it is worth more as an industrial site than a race track, IMO, dont see the place lasting long.

WisWildManFan
09-25-2019, 05:42 AM
The shape of the track would never allow great racing

Ne1butBLOOMER
09-25-2019, 11:38 AM
The shape of Mansfield or Kokomo.

Bloomerdirtking
09-25-2019, 12:03 PM
i know it is not Kokomo that place is racy from top to bottom and there track prep is top notch. The place has been around since 1947 and they have their act together.

WON11_Fan
09-25-2019, 12:10 PM
I heard rumors about the Dirt Million being moved to Port Royal.

GEAR_HEAD
09-25-2019, 01:27 PM
I heard rumors about the Dirt Million being moved to Port Royal.

Or is that just wishful thinking? Kokomo or Port would both be cool.

WisWildManFan
09-25-2019, 02:41 PM
The shape of Mansfield or Kokomo.was talking about mansfield... kokomo had a great race the other night. with the aero the way it is now they need a wider track than mansfield. fals and eldora both have nice wide corners that allow side by side racing.

PAbigbear
09-25-2019, 06:51 PM
I heard rumors about the Dirt Million being moved to Port Royal.I heard the same thing.

tsand
09-25-2019, 08:05 PM
I wish someone would buy wytheville and put in new grandstands . Could be a top 10 track in the country one of the best racing surface in all of racing.

txl9t
09-27-2019, 01:18 PM
That was the rumor all weekend at Mansfield, that the race was being moved to Port Royal. Which in my opinion would be AWESOME!

ohiomike
09-27-2019, 02:49 PM
It would take big $$$$$$$'s to buy Mansfield because Mr Milliron won't sell it for less than he bought it for.

Barbecueboy
09-27-2019, 03:31 PM
Sounds like mr milliron going to be owning it for a while then.

Mams
09-27-2019, 03:36 PM
It would take big $$$$$$$'s to buy Mansfield because Mr Milliron won't sell it for less than he bought it for.

Wow! What an impressive business statement! MBA material for sure.

Mason87
09-27-2019, 03:51 PM
Who would sell it for less. Lol it's not a used car man it's real estate

Barbecueboy
09-27-2019, 03:58 PM
A lot of people make bad deals and have to eat the loss........expensive race tracks aren't exactly a hot commodity in the commercial real estate market right about now.

maybe the land itself is worth more without a race track on it....don't know.

Still say if he's trying to sell it as a racetrack he probably is going to own it for a while.

chupp n bloomer fan
09-27-2019, 08:00 PM
A lot of people make bad deals and have to eat the loss........expensive race tracks aren't exactly a hot commodity in the commercial real estate market right about now.

maybe the land itself is worth more without a race track on it....don't know.

Still say if he's trying to sell it as a racetrack he probably is going to own it for a while.I believe he owns a scrap yard nearby. He is a businessman, bought it at auction I believe. I’m sure he’ll make money. And I’m sure more if he sells it as real estate. Because as a track, yeah, be awhile. And I concur, the shape needs work.

Madcat
09-27-2019, 09:18 PM
Milliron gives zero Fs about hat land guys. He’s filthy rich, and he made every cent by hard work. He started out with $500 from dad and worked 7 days a week for 7 years straight to build an empire. Plus he’s a good local dude and contributes to the community. For all he cares, that place could sit and rot, but he’d scrap it first. He has the equipment less than 10 miles away to tear every piece down in 2-3 days, maybe 1 if he wanted to. Just a big article in the paper on him and how he built his fortune.

And no, he isn’t selling it for less than hecpaid, that’s not a way to become rich. He could throw the $900k he paid for it in a blender if he wanted to, but he’s smart and would never make a bad business deal.

Someone mentioned selling it for industry, lol, it’s mansfield Ohio, the industry has long left the are and the main explorer is the prison.

Cody tried, instead of supporting him, most people on here complained and cried. Sure things were not quite the best at times but at least he tried.