PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Erb Wins in LOLMDS Kokomo Debut

Ben Shelton
09-23-2019, 11:27 AM
For Immediate Release
September 23, 2019

Tyler Erb Wins in LOLMDS Kokomo Debut
Inaugural Hoosier Autumn Classic Up Next

St. Marys, Ohio (09/23/19) – Tyler Erb didn’t know what to expect heading into Friday night’s Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series event at Kokomo Speedway. He had only seen Sprint Car videos of the place. As it turned out, he would quickly take to the ¼-mile oval. In fact, he piloted his Industrial Resourcing Group No. 1 XR1 Rocket Chassis/ Durham Racing Engine Super Late Model to the $12,000 victory.

“Wow, how about this place,” Erb said in regards to Kokomo Speedway. “It definitely lived up to the hype. I ran in second to both little Billy [Moyer Jr.] and Huddy [Hudson] O’Neal, and my car was so much better than those guys, but I couldn’t get clear to complete the pass. Then I took the lead twice and the caution came out both times, and I was kinda losing my patience there. Hudson had trouble late and we were able to capitalize and get the win.

“This win was so needed for our team, and I just want to say thanks to Best Performance Motorsports, my team, my sponsors, my fans and everyone that supports us. We have the team and we have the speed, so hopefully we’ve got several more wins in us before this year is over.”

Making his debut at Kokomo Speedway (Kokomo Indiana) on Friday night, Tyler Erb triumphed in thrilling fashion to pick up the $12,000 triumph.

Twenty-four Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) drivers looked to try their hand at claiming the victory in the rare Super Late Model appearance at the renowned Sprint Car facility. A win in his heat race positioned Tyler on the outside-front-row for the 50-lap feature. Tyler slipped as far back as the third position at times during the event before staging a late-race charge to the lead.

With just four laps to go, Erb shot past Hudson O'Neal for the top spot. The Texas native went on to lead the final circuits on his way to his sixth series' win of the 2019 season. The victory increased Tyler's overall win tally on the year to nine.

On Saturday Tyler thundered into Indiana's Brownstown Speedway, where the 40th annual Jackson 100 took center stage with a $15,000 winner's check on the line. With 34 entries taking aim on the top prize, he finished third in his heat race to earn the 10th-starting spot for the feature. Advancing four spots in the finale, Erb crossed the finish line in the sixth spot.

Tyler is currently fourth in the latest LOLMDS standings and continues to lead the Eibach Springs Rookie of the Year standings. For complete results from the weekend, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

Up next for the team is the inaugural Hoosier Autumn Classic at Plymouth Speedway (Plymouth, Indiana). The event opens with preliminary action on Friday, September 27, where a driver could win up to $5,000. On Saturday night the event culminates with a $12,000-to-win finale. The weekend is sanctioned by the American Ethanol Late Model Tour (AELMT).

For more information on the event, please visit www.PlymouthSpeedway.net .

Also, please make sure to visit www.BestPerformanceMotorsports.com to pick up the latest team merchandise.

Best Performance Motorsports would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include New Point Lighting & Design, Inc., Roberts Bee Company, Bulk Material Lift, Franklin Enterprises, Boxo USA, Industrial Resourcing Group, Bazell Race Fuels, Sunoco, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Shocks, Hoosier Tire, Valvoline, Corey Frazer State Farm, Industrial Hydro Excavating, Beyea Headers, Day Motorsports, Champion Brands, Doyle Edwards Trucking, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Wiles Drive Shafts, Simpson Race Products, Weld Racing, Performance Rod & Custom, Peterson Fluid Systems, Barnes Systems Inc., Powers Performance, Butlerbuilt, Impact Race Gear, Heath Lawson Photography, Swift Springs, Walker Performance Filtration, ASI Racewear, Fragola Performance Systems, Dirt Defender, Outerwears, Strange Engineering, Performance Race Engineering, Five Star Race Car Bodies Rocket Chassis, R&R Design and MSR Mafia Marketing & PR Services.

For the latest information on Best Performance Motorsports please visit the team website at www.BestPerformanceMotorsports.com and www.TylerErb.com as well as their social media channels at www.facebook.com/bestperformancemotorsports/, www.twitter.com/BPMotorsports1 and www.instagram.com/bestperformancemotorsports .