PDA

View Full Version : Clanton / Weiss post race...

CrankedUp90
10-04-2019, 10:36 AM
After 25 wrecked him.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_dlOJVvN7o

Krooser
10-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Now that that's settled can I get the number if the little blond that we saw?

MRM
10-04-2019, 11:34 AM
Now that that's settled can I get the number if the little blond that we saw?

I believe her number is 7. :D

9kchas24
10-04-2019, 11:55 AM
Thanks for sharing the link/video...

Kromulous
10-04-2019, 12:00 PM
I'll chip in, so they can get a room.

Swing, or shut the he.. up.

dirt crow
10-04-2019, 12:15 PM
Those filthy mouths. They should be ashamed. Lol!!!!

Coal Miner
10-04-2019, 12:20 PM
Stood right there with Shane.

Mason87
10-04-2019, 12:34 PM
Geeze get them two some skirts. Lol

Tireguy17
10-04-2019, 02:00 PM
Ricky's crew chief was ready with the mud scraper.

havaT21
10-04-2019, 02:11 PM
Ricky's crew chief was ready with the mud scraper.

Clanton IS & always has been AN IDIOT. The Georgia gang of thugs appeared to be out in force, looks like a Trump rally was about to break out.

B_K
10-04-2019, 02:19 PM
Clanton IS & always has been AN IDIOT. The Georgia gang of thugs appeared to be out in force, looks like a Trump rally was about to break out.

Most of us don’t need any help......

dirt crow
10-04-2019, 02:21 PM

Don’t be talking bout my man Trump. I’ll have to put Clayton Wetter on ya!

Bloomerdirtking
10-04-2019, 03:16 PM
Ricky's crew chief was ready with the mud scraper.Is that what that is?? I thought that is what you used to crack “coconuts “ lol

MontanaMagic1619*
10-04-2019, 03:30 PM
The Outlaws need this kind of publicity; they're down to 37 races this year, rainouts and Lucas already at 50 races has cut into their availabilty of having high dollar races, maybe I'll get some slack for typing this, but to me it looks like a Earnhardt-Bodine type argument from olden days that will get settled on the track in future races with any luck. Good BS confrontations with highly emotional drivers usually turns out to be good for their series. Just spitballin here and offering my two cents !

HoosierDirtFan
10-04-2019, 03:33 PM
Seen that video on Facebook last night. Should of had a boxing ring at the race track.

HoosierDirtFan
10-04-2019, 03:38 PM
The Outlaws need this kind of publicity; they're down to 37 races this year, rainouts and Lucas already at 50 races has cut into their availabilty of having high dollar races, maybe I'll get some slack for typing this, but to me it looks like a Earnhardt-Bodine type argument from olden days that will get settled on the track in future races with any luck. Good BS confrontations with highly emotional drivers usually turns out to be good for their series. Just spitballin here and offering my two cents !

The Earnhardt - Bodine stuff was funny. It was all good until big Bill France Jr had a word with both of the. The issue in Days Of Thunder between Roudy Burns and Cole Trickle was based off their rivalry.

MontanaMagic1619*
10-04-2019, 03:46 PM
I know Hoosier, those were the good ol days for sure, I remember being at Pocono in '85 when my favorite driver Tim Richmond and Earnhardt got into a verbal snit about the 3 car doin' his thing against Tim in one of the corners and Richmond told him don't pull that sh*t again or he would be kissing the wall comin out of the final turn; Tim told me later that France needed a controversy to get the Winston series relevant again; funny thing is later Tim and Dale shared a beer in Tim's trailer and laughed their asses off about it. It's all about the PUB and getting their fans interested in racing for the good of the sport, thats all it is

havaT21
10-04-2019, 03:52 PM
Clanton 'racin'...its a points defense. He wrecked Weiss since Weiss is about to pass him in the point chase. 12 behind going in is now 28. Watch out to the 18 who likely is next on the hit list. Home track embarrassment not being able to run up front with the Bloomer chassis cars & Overton.

MontanaMagic1619*
10-04-2019, 03:59 PM
Yeah, you're no doubt right havaT, and with the Outlaw point structure being what it is with 150-146-144-142-140 on down, it doesn't give Weiss much of a chance to pass Clanton in what few races are left. And if Junghans is next, I have a feeling Chase will really get charged up, he's a big drink of water :)

slingindirt83
10-04-2019, 04:31 PM
I would really like to see the video of what happened. Im not saying Clanton was right doing it but, most of these guys go from the bottom to the top almost every lap. This is going to continue to happen the way most these touring guys drive. From the touring level down to weekly racing the guy running the top has to get frustrated at some point. When the guy running the bottom shoots to the top down the straightaways. Leave the guy a d*mn lane already!!

427c.i.
10-04-2019, 04:36 PM
I love it when they start racing with their hands!!
I had you cleared for 4 laps!! See, my racing hands prove it!! This hand is me and this hand is you...see!! 4 laps!!
The hands don’t lie!!

chupp n bloomer fan
10-04-2019, 04:47 PM
The Earnhardt - Bodine stuff was funny. It was all good until big Bill France Jr had a word with both of the. The issue in Days Of Thunder between Roudy Burns and Cole Trickle was based off their rivalry.Days of Thunder is based off of Tim Richmond. That is Richmond and Earnhardt with the rental cars. It was going to be a biography, but portraying NASCAR and Tim in a good light once he was diagnosed and how they all handled it, wasn’t a good way to do it. So they went off script and scrapped the biography.

They used Hendrick’s stuff, hence City Chevrolet. And Tom Cruise with Indy and sprint car stuff before NASCAR.

HoosierDirtFan
10-04-2019, 05:14 PM
CnB
I already know that.
I'm not talking about the movie it self.
I'm talking about the fude in the movie between the two drivers.
Heard that straight from Rick Hendrick him self.
The fude between Burns & Trickle was based of the real life rivalry between Earnhardt & Bodine.

MontanaMagic1619*
10-04-2019, 05:17 PM
Exactly CB, and do u recall when Harry Hogg asked Tom Cruise where he got his expertise on racing and Cruise said " ESPN; they seem to provide great coverage, one can learn alot from there " or mostly to that effect. Tim actually said that to a biographer later on when back in ' 80 when he was racing at the Indy 500 and was named rookie of the race he told the biographer that the late Larry Nuber (remember him ?) was one hell of a racing expert. I miss guys like Larry and Bob Jenkins along with ol Dr Jerry Punch, now that's when Nascrap meant somethin' to all racing fanatics !

And Hoosier, you're right, the feud from the movie was based on Earnhardt and Bodine, but Cruise's character was all Tim Richmond, the screenwriter from that movie told me that himself because he like me was a BIG Richmond fan

gumby_32d
10-04-2019, 05:27 PM
A booger eating inbred from Georgia and a Canadian in a shouting match. That's good stuff. I still wish randy korte would strap back in a car and stuff cocanut heads azz in the wall for what he pulled at eldora a few years ago

Bloomerdirtking
10-04-2019, 05:35 PM
A booger eating inbred from Georgia and a Canadian in a shouting match. That's good stuff. I still wish randy korte would strap back in a car and stuff cocanut heads azz in the wall for what he pulled at eldora a few years agoThat’s funny stuff right there lol

chupp n bloomer fan
10-04-2019, 05:36 PM
CnB
I already know that.
I'm not talking about the movie it self.
I'm talking about the fude in the movie between the two drivers.
Heard that straight from Rick Hendrick him self.
The fude between Burns & Trickle was based of the real life rivalry between Earnhardt & Bodine.Excuse me Mr Hendrick. Feud in the movie, gotcha. Which would be part of the movie.

And I’ll stand by what I said, in Tim’s book, that it involved him.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-04-2019, 05:39 PM
A booger eating inbred from Georgia and a Canadian in a shouting match. That's good stuff. I still wish randy korte would strap back in a car and stuff cocanut heads azz in the wall for what he pulled at eldora a few years ago100% agree.

Everyone knew Korte was done, his disease had taken its toll. That was his last hurrah. And you pulled the sh!ttiest of sh!tty moves at the very beginning of the heat. That is where Shane sealed the deal with me. No sympathy for him.

gumby_32d
10-04-2019, 06:09 PM
The group we were with there all grew up watching Randy race around here in the St. Louis area and were fans of his. We lost our sh!t when that window licker pulled that. Clanton said it was payback from fairbury or some bs.

HoosierDirtFan
10-04-2019, 06:41 PM
CnB
Sorry I should have explained a bit further.
The particular Part of the movie.
The part with the rental cars towards the end of the movie and the meeting with Big Bill France Jr.

Hendrick stated that in a episode of the DALE JR DOWNLOAD tv show a week back.

RW57
10-04-2019, 06:49 PM
If that was 35 yrs ago that would have Billy Shane's Dad. Saw it many a time he is a chip off the old block for sure. I loved Billy but he was never at fault according to him either.

t3r3e3
10-04-2019, 07:31 PM
Clanton is a moron, and deserves whatever comes his way.

BirkyAndTheShark
10-04-2019, 08:10 PM
They don’t call him Big Dummy for no reason

HoosierDirtFan
10-04-2019, 08:34 PM
BirkyAndTheShark

Where's the like button for that comment.

chopter
10-04-2019, 09:16 PM
I would really like to see the video of what happened. Im not saying Clanton was right doing it but, most of these guys go from the bottom to the top almost every lap. This is going to continue to happen the way most these touring guys drive. From the touring level down to weekly racing the guy running the top has to get frustrated at some point. When the guy running the bottom shoots to the top down the straightaways. Leave the guy a d*mn lane already!!

right on. you gotta leave the guy a lane.

over4T
10-04-2019, 09:21 PM
The rental car stuff goes back a lot further than Earnhart's era. Think Curtis Turner and some of the original good old boys did that some 20 plus years earlier.

MontanaMagic1619*
10-04-2019, 10:12 PM
To the poster on here who was worried about Weiss losing points because of his misfortune with Clanton last night can take solace in the fact (tonight) that according to race monitor Clanton did not even take a lap in the feature at Cherokee and will finish 24th.

One Man Gang
10-05-2019, 12:41 AM
100% agree.

Everyone knew Korte was done, his disease had taken its toll. That was his last hurrah. And you pulled the sh!ttiest of sh!tty moves at the very beginning of the heat. That is where Shane sealed the deal with me. No sympathy for him.
What was wrong with Korte reason he quit racing ? Isn’t he the crew chief for Dane Dacus now ?

zyoung25
10-05-2019, 07:52 AM
Korte had myeloma I believe.

HoosierDirtFan
10-05-2019, 08:17 AM
Korte had myeloma I believe.

that is correct. main reason he retired.

MADCAPRACING22
10-05-2019, 10:27 AM
Give Clanton some credit. He scratched. Now let the racing decide the points. At least that is how I see it.

havaT21
10-05-2019, 11:57 AM
Give Clanton credit for what, mechanical failure per DoD? I don't think so. I'd attribute it more to being chicken poop. It don't take much to go to someone else's pit area & run your mouth with 10-15 other clowns around you vs the 2 Canucks. Fix your car Chicken poop, get out there & get what you have coming to you. Where was the WoO officiating group? They should know to expect that type of chicken poop behavior from Clanton.

Zonks32x
10-05-2019, 12:07 PM
Well I heard from Tom Cruise himself at a Union 76 Station that the movie was based off the rivalry between Dave Marcis and Jim Sauter.

Give it a rest already.

(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Trickle got more play out of that movie then anyone b/c of Cruise's character name in the film.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-05-2019, 01:58 PM
Exactly CB, and do u recall when Harry Hogg asked Tom Cruise where he got his expertise on racing and Cruise said " ESPN; they seem to provide great coverage, one can learn alot from there " or mostly to that effect. Tim actually said that to a biographer later on when back in ' 80 when he was racing at the Indy 500 and was named rookie of the race he told the biographer that the late Larry Nuber (remember him ?) was one hell of a racing expert. I miss guys like Larry and Bob Jenkins along with ol Dr Jerry Punch, now that's when Nascrap meant somethin' to all racing fanatics !

And Hoosier, you're right, the feud from the movie was based on Earnhardt and Bodine, but Cruise's character was all Tim Richmond, the screenwriter from that movie told me that himself because he like me was a BIG Richmond fanYeah man. Tim’s talent was purely in driving. He wasn’t mechanically inclined, didn’t wanna work on cars. He wanted to run Indy cars, party, and enjoy life. Indy didn’t pan out because it was all about the money even then. And even though his Dad was wealthy, he wasn’t Indy car team owner wealthy.

I am almost positive up in Ashland, Ohio, his Dad invented one of the first boring machines for boring under roads. And when he sold it, patent and all, he made good money.

Being totally honest, unless I found the chick I just absolutely couldn’t let go of, with his talents and money and looks, I’d have done exactly what he did. Minus not practicing safe sex and contracting AIDS. Kickin it on a yacht down in Miami and living life. Loved his demeanor and abilities. Not your cookie cutter driver by any means

chupp n bloomer fan
10-05-2019, 02:01 PM
CnB
Sorry I should have explained a bit further.
The particular Part of the movie.
The part with the rental cars towards the end of the movie and the meeting with Big Bill France Jr.

Hendrick stated that in a episode of the DALE JR DOWNLOAD tv show a week back.Gotcha man. Sorry for being a d!ck. Seen MM say it too, and while neither of us I see as BSers, and I was wrong, MM is like the dang gospel.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-05-2019, 02:03 PM
Well I heard from Tom Cruise himself at a Union 76 Station that the movie was based off the rivalry between Dave Marcis and Jim Sauter.

Give it a rest already.

(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Trickle got more play out of that movie then anyone b/c of Cruise's character name in the film.I heard some guy thought he was going to become the new sheriff of 4m, which is totally out of character for him, and he was told to go pound sand, fly a kite, etc etc.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-05-2019, 02:07 PM
Clanton IS & always has been AN IDIOT. The Georgia gang of thugs appeared to be out in force, looks like a Trump rally was about to break out.Nothing political man, that was Clanton’s home state, Ricky was far from home. Still haven’t seen footage to give an opinion. I don’t think Shane woulda needed any help.

My gut even though I do not like Clanton what so ever and have really started to like Ricky is that Ricky was faster after 5-10 laps, and couldn’t clear Shane. So he finally said fuk it and moved up, and wasn’t quite clear and Shane turned him. Long as Shane expects the same in return, all good.

And for Gods sake, thank God that it wasn’t NASCRAP. Suspensions, censorship’s, etc.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-05-2019, 02:09 PM
The group we were with there all grew up watching Randy race around here in the St. Louis area and were fans of his. We lost our sh!t when that window licker pulled that. Clanton said it was payback from fairbury or some bs.It was totally a b!tch move no matter what.

Zonks32x
10-05-2019, 06:32 PM
I heard some guy thought he was going to become the new sheriff of 4m, which is totally out of character for him, and he was told to go pound sand, fly a kite, etc etc.

You missed the point my friend.

Whether it's Tim Richmond. Earnhardt, Bodine, Yarborough, Kulwicki, Allison, etc., doesn't really matter.

What made the film great, to this day, is that it takes all of us back to a time when we all truly enjoyed Nascar, not only for the racing on the track, the personalities of its stars, but also the rivalries they created.

Which two drivers we believe inspired the script is secondary to what the film celebrates.

Sadly, those days are long behind us. You think Tim Richmond and Dale rocked the Nascar world 30 years ago...Richmond & Earnhardt would truly be the show today amongst all the cookie cutter, clean cut, sponsor boys.

Sheriff of 4m. That's funny cnb!!
Like you said, not my style.
Carry on.

highgroove
10-05-2019, 06:56 PM
The movie was based on robert pressly and lake speed...

MADCAPRACING22
10-05-2019, 07:56 PM
Give Clanton credit for what, mechanical failure per DoD? I don't think so. I'd attribute it more to being chicken poop. It don't take much to go to someone else's pit area & run your mouth with 10-15 other clowns around you vs the 2 Canucks. Fix your car Chicken poop, get out there & get what you have coming to you. Where was the WoO officiating group? They should know to expect that type of chicken poop behavior from Clanton.

Ok..........but at some point........breathe........

chopter
10-06-2019, 12:00 AM
the movie was based on me.

kd1
10-06-2019, 12:01 AM
Anybody got a count on the number of F-bombs dropped in this exchange … I lost count! … :)

ImCryn2
10-06-2019, 08:48 AM
Give Clanton credit for what, mechanical failure per DoD? I don't think so. I'd attribute it more to being chicken poop.

So, are you saying Clanton acted as a Canadian?

Illtsate32
10-06-2019, 11:51 AM
The biggest problem in the United States today, accountability. Everybody thinks they are right and know more than the next guy. Even on here, EVERYBODY thinks they know it all...

Zonks32x
10-06-2019, 02:38 PM
So, are you saying Clanton acted as a Canadian?

F@#$!&& right🤣

Raceready
10-07-2019, 01:32 AM
A booger eating inbred from Georgia and a Canadian in a shouting match. That's good stuff. I still wish randy korte would strap back in a car and stuff cocanut heads azz in the wall for what he pulled at eldora a few years ago That's good stuff right there ! Most would or should agree with you. He lost many peoples respect at one track where he had won but whined like a little school girl about it taking so many laps to pass a car in front of him is why he knocked the car out of the way. Richard Coconut Headcase Crainium for sure !

waaac77
10-07-2019, 08:59 AM
Cole Trickle is also based on Jeff Gordon coming up the ranks through the midgets and sprints on dirt. He says it when he pulls up on his bike in the beginning of the movie. I just always thought of Gordon anyways.

I do remember hearing, straight from Cole Trickle's mouth (not Tom Cruise) that the movie was based on the Clanton-Weiss fued from Cherokee speedway

WisWildManFan
10-07-2019, 09:53 AM
Cole Trickle is also based on Jeff Gordon coming up the ranks through the midgets and sprints on dirt. He says it when he pulls up on his bike in the beginning of the movie. I just always thought of Gordon anyways. I do remember hearing, straight from Cole Trickle's mouth (not Tom Cruise) that the movie was based on the Clanton-Weiss fued from Cherokee speedwaycole trickle was based off of tim richmond... jeff gordon didn't get to the cup series until well after the movie came out.

waaac77
10-07-2019, 10:38 AM
cole trickle was based off of tim richmond... jeff gordon didn't get to the cup series until well after the movie came out.

Yeah I guess you're right. I wasn't sure when Gordon came up but thought it was that exact time the movie came out.

IllState32 you're wrong! Not EVERYBODY thinks they're right. I'm wrong all of the time

WisWildManFan
10-07-2019, 10:41 AM
Yeah I guess you're right. I wasn't sure when Gordon came up but thought it was that exact time the movie came out. IllState32 you're wrong! Not EVERYBODY thinks they're right. I'm wrong all of the timeonly reason i knew is i have been corrected on that before lol, i also thought it was based off gordon for a while

Raceready
10-07-2019, 02:53 PM
Clanton is a moron, and deserves whatever comes his way. Many will agree with you whole heartedly.

Raceready
10-08-2019, 08:27 PM
100% agree. Everyone knew Korte was done, his disease had taken its toll. That was his last hurrah. And you pulled the sh!ttiest of sh!tty moves at the very beginning of the heat. That is where Shane sealed the deal with me. No sympathy for him. I've heard from several sources that he is a real HECKERPED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

dirty-white-boy
10-09-2019, 12:10 PM
The video of Bubba throwing Gatorade on Bowman was more entertaining than that shouting match! Back in my day if you come in my pit you may not leave on your own.

Barbecueboy
10-09-2019, 01:34 PM
The video of Bubba throwing Gatorade on Bowman was more entertaining than that shouting match! Back in my day if you come in my pit you may not leave on your own.

That rule is still in existence.......

Barbecueboy
10-09-2019, 01:37 PM
The biggest problem in the United States today, accountability. Everybody thinks they are right and know more than the next guy. Even on here, EVERYBODY thinks they know it all...

It's only the 4m Doctors and cheerleaders that claim to know it all.......everybody else seems pretty sensible on here fwiw.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-09-2019, 05:20 PM
It's only the 4m Doctors and cheerleaders that claim to know it all.......everybody else seems pretty sensible on here fwiw.Considering the source, that was quite a refreshing thought. 32 would make a good politician.

ThebigE
10-11-2019, 02:42 PM
Speaking of King Kong Korte, how is he getting along? Anybody know?