Jared Miley

TowerView
10-05-2019, 03:17 PM
add

Reid Millard
Chuck Kimble

flash49
10-06-2019, 12:46 AM
Also Jacob Hawkins (8) and Andrew Wylie (84) for a total of 37 cars. Don O'Neal won his second Pittsburgher in the last 3 years, after race-long leader, Jonathan Davenport, ran out of gas on lap 93. Following O'Neal across the stripe were Earl Pearson Jr. (provisional starter from 23rd), Tim McCreadie, Jimmy Owens, and Gregg Satterlee.

#FALSuperman
10-06-2019, 05:24 AM
#LucasDirt #Pittsburgher100 Feature Finish:
ONeal5
Pearson
McCreadie
Owens
Satterlee
Erb
MoyerJr
Bloomquist
Davenport
ONeal71
Richards
Buckingham
Frank
Bronson
Miley
Scott1st
Flinner
Scott2s
Montgomery
Marlar
Moran
Hawkins
Bernheisel
Norris

**Davenport led first 92 laps, and ran out of fuel**
Lots of yellow flags. Racetime was 1hr 14min!

TerryM
10-06-2019, 07:17 AM
With all due respect to everyone involved ... what a joke of a race. Florence once had a 200-lap Ironman race. It was back in my journalism days. I asked Black Jack Boggs if he was concerned about fuel. He said that was the last of his concerns.

4Barrel
10-06-2019, 08:07 AM
Jack Boggs knew going into that event to pack extra fuel into the tank and plan ahead for a very long race. Davenport was expecting a normal race and prepared for it as such.

Dlmfan123
10-06-2019, 08:59 AM
With all due respect to everyone involved ... what a joke of a race. Florence once had a 200-lap Ironman race. It was back in my journalism days. I asked Black Jack Boggs if he was concerned about fuel. He said that was the last of his concerns.How is it a joke of a race??

mccreadiefan39
10-06-2019, 09:35 AM
Race was really good IMO. JD was hooked up, Owens was amazing on bottom, T-Mac charges from the tail to a 3rd after a flat tire. Sounds like the 49 team cut to close on fuel as they were the only one in the top 15 cars to run out of fuel. Don O'Neal after the race said they had 7 gallons of fuel left.

Dlmfan123
10-06-2019, 10:00 AM
Johnny scott ran out too. I was standing in turn 2 and Watching owens and a couple others run around the bottom wfo was awesome

GEAR_HEAD
10-06-2019, 10:07 AM
With all due respect to everyone involved ... what a joke of a race. Florence once had a 200-lap Ironman race. It was back in my journalism days. I asked Black Jack Boggs if he was concerned about fuel. He said that was the last of his concerns.

The racing was great. Perhaps you were watching something else?

Dlmfan123
10-06-2019, 10:22 AM
Tbh, I thought there would barely be enough cars for a full field. And I think that’s why some completely unexpected guys were there

zooker25
10-06-2019, 11:02 AM
I don't understand why Owens goy his spot back after him and Hudson spun?

GEAR_HEAD
10-06-2019, 11:07 AM
I don't understand why Owens goy his spot back after him and Hudson spun?

He didn't.

bleedblue55
10-06-2019, 11:55 AM
Owens spun twice right in front of me in turn 4. First was him and Hudson and he fell back on the restart. Second time he hit the guardrail, did a 360 and kept on digging. Lost like 3 spots because there wasn't a caution.

TerryM
10-06-2019, 03:41 PM
My comment wasn’t about the racing. That track almost always produces good racing. It was my favorite track when I lived in Parkersburg. But when multiple cars run out of fuel, and other cars are stopping on the track to save fuel, and the race takes an hour and a half to complete, it’s not a good race. They put 26.5 gallons of fuel in JD’s car. There wasn’t any miscalculation. They must’ve ran 50 laps under caution to run that much fuel out.

bleedblue55
10-06-2019, 04:18 PM
The race lasted 1 hr. 13 min. and O'neal ran his car hard all night and somehow made it. There were only 2 cautions after lap 90, Davenport ran out sitting on the backstretch during the lap 93 caution for Richards. I thought fuel might be a issue for lots of the lead lap cars after that but it didn't happen even with the last lap caution.

mskdorf
10-06-2019, 04:19 PM
I didn’t see Bloomquist listed in the heat race results. Anyone have any reason why? Was there an error on Lucas or did he not run a heat?

Josh Bayko
10-06-2019, 04:30 PM
Bloomer didn’t run the heat because he blew the rear in qualifying. Swapped the rear during the heats and ran his B.

dirty-white-boy
10-07-2019, 12:17 PM
I see 49 was whining to Lucas to add a fuel stop next year. If they add a fuel stop next year just run it 50 laps and make it the Pittsburgher 50 and write the check. I seen many cars that did not run out of gas. Man up!

Josh Bayko
10-07-2019, 01:01 PM
There were a ton of cautions, so I could see where fuel was maybe an issue for that singular race. It’s not like that just years. I’ve seen Steve Baker go the whole distance on methanol. IIRC, that race that year was caution free, but still.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-07-2019, 01:11 PM
I see 49 was whining to Lucas to add a fuel stop next year. If they add a fuel stop next year just run it 50 laps and make it the Pittsburgher 50 and write the check. I seen many cars that did not run out of gas. Man up!

They already jacked up Knoxville because a few ran out. I don't understand why we always bend the rules to aid the cars in becoming something different.

NormP
10-07-2019, 02:44 PM
Davenport heard Moyer was thinking about retiring so he's auditioning for "director of whining" these past couple of months.

4Barrel
10-07-2019, 04:21 PM
Make a rule that allows a fuel stop if a certain amount of cautions occur. If that set number of cautions do not happen, no need for a stop.

GEAR_HEAD
10-07-2019, 04:36 PM
Lucas has been running great shows lately. Their shows are run more efficiently than anyone else's and the supers always run first. It makes it much easier to decide to travel several hours to their shows when you know you'll be getting home at a decent hour. They must have actually listened to the fans (and Dirt on Dirt) about the lack of efficiency at a lot of shows across the country. Keep it up!

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-07-2019, 05:45 PM
Make a rule that allows a fuel stop if a certain amount of cautions occur. If that set number of cautions do not happen, no need for a stop.

Big engines in cars with unlimited grip burn a lot more fuel than a few caution laps do. But at some point, it certainly adds to the fuel burn.

#FALSuperman
10-07-2019, 07:59 PM

For the record, Mark Richards agreed with him.
Call it what you want, I guess...

Mason87
10-07-2019, 08:06 PM
Oh then it should be fixed the god of DLM racing agreed with him. Suck it up and move on its apart of racing, I didn't see a whole lot of others run out.

#FALSuperman
10-07-2019, 08:13 PM
Oh then it should be fixed the god of DLM racing agreed with him. Suck it up and move on its apart of racing, I didn't see a whole lot of others run out.

Yea, it happened...I do agree. Just some misfortune.
Get ready for the this weekend.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-07-2019, 08:13 PM
They know what they did wrong why do u think jd was shutting car off under cautions

Mason87
10-07-2019, 08:43 PM
Btw I wasn't trashing your post superman.

Josh Bayko
10-07-2019, 08:47 PM

Mark Richards wasn’t even at PPMS.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-08-2019, 11:15 AM
They know what they did wrong why do u think jd was shutting car off under cautionsThey ran a bigger carb and a 28 gallon tank. Just don’t think that was a wise decision somewhere like PMS.

ZERO25
10-08-2019, 07:59 PM
They know what they did wrong why do u think jd was shutting car off under cautions

Yep, they bought them gas guzzler Cornetts! :)

Raceready
10-08-2019, 08:17 PM
Thank God !

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-08-2019, 08:25 PM
Yep, they bought them gas guzzler Cornetts! :)

They winning races!

#FALSuperman
10-08-2019, 11:28 PM
Hey Josh, you think I didn't know that?
I never said he agreed with him while in the pits. Smh...
Thanks for the heads up, though. 🙃

dirty-white-boy
10-09-2019, 12:17 PM

Yes because by all means what God ...i mean Richards...says is the Late Model gospel!

bleedblue55
10-09-2019, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=dirty-white-boy;2289781]Yes because by all means what God ...i mean Richards...says is the Late Model gospel![/QUOTE When I saw your name as a new poster to this subject I immediately thought "This should take the subject to a new low". You did not disappoint. Mark didn't make the comment it was posted to the Rocket1Racing twitter page saying that they ran out of fuel a couple years ago at the Pittsburgher.

ImCryn2
10-09-2019, 03:01 PM
Yes because by all means what God ...i mean Richards...says is the Late Model gospel!

Name someone that's any more qualified to talk about late models....... I'll wait

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-09-2019, 03:29 PM
Name someone that's any more qualified to talk about late models....... I'll wait

Name someone who has less financial motivation to paint the rules his way.

I'll wait.

profab00
10-09-2019, 04:45 PM
sound of crickets

chupp n bloomer fan
10-09-2019, 05:24 PM

I'll wait.And how is any of that Mark’s fault? It’s a fuel stop, live and learn. JD fuked up, 4 gallons less fuel and a bigger carb.

I’m sure Mark didn’t demand a fuel stop, just gave insight. At this point, his opinion matters as much as anyone’s like it or not.

Funny the people who hate on Mark. Real SOB to be on top.

NormP
10-09-2019, 05:58 PM
When you're on top there's always people cheering for you to fail.

Mason87
10-09-2019, 06:09 PM
Who's hating on him, as soon as some one says something about a guy or has a different opinion than yours you're automatically a hater. Bet you vape to CnB.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-09-2019, 07:27 PM
I made a very on point statement of fact. I don't see how it's more than that. It could have been, but it wasn't.

ImCryn2
10-09-2019, 08:49 PM

I'll wait.

What does needing a fuel stop have to do with financial gain for Mark? He wasn't even at the race to lose or gain from it. Who do we listen to if not the guys who are around this stuff everyday of their lives and are successful at it?

JD could have ran a 4 gallon bigger cell by the rules, but had they not stopped during the cautions he would have ran out with that also. I mean why change the race procedure rules to half a$S address the concern, especially when not even a month ago the same sanctioning body had a fuel stop at a similar sized track.
Personally, I don't feel fuel mileage should ever be the deciding factor in a dirt race. Shorten the amount of laps on the big tracks to avoid the issue all together. JMO

ImCryn2
10-09-2019, 08:54 PM
I made a very on point statement of fact. I don't see how it's more than that. It could have been, but it wasn't.

I'm not going to debate your opinion or facts, but you did try to answer my question with a question.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-09-2019, 08:59 PM
What does needing a fuel stop have to do with financial gain for Mark? He wasn't even at the race to lose or gain from it. Who do we listen to if not the guys who are around this stuff everyday of their lives and are successful at it?

JD could have ran a 4 gallon bigger cell by the rules, but had they not stopped during the cautions he would have ran out with that also. I mean why change the race procedure rules to half a$S address the concern, especially when not even a month ago the same sanctioning body had a fuel stop at a similar sized track.
Personally, I don't feel fuel mileage should ever be the deciding factor in a dirt race. Shorten the amount of laps on the big tracks to avoid the issue all together. JMO
The lack of rules enforcement for bodies has led to it. They used to not run out anywhere. This includes Knoxville. If a bird is born with gills, it dies. Momma bird does throw it in the water. There is nothing wrong with the race format. The problem is a lack of control over the class.

All subject matter has experts with unbiased opinion. Unfortunately, they tend not to lobby because they are not financially driven. Lobbying usually costs money directly, if not indirectly because of time spent.

I also don't think those $2800 xr1 fuel cells are 32 gallons.

ZERO25
10-09-2019, 10:15 PM
The lack of rules enforcement for bodies has led to it. They used to not run out anywhere. This includes Knoxville. If a bird is born with gills, it dies. Momma bird does throw it in the water. There is nothing wrong with the race format. The problem is a lack of control over the class.

All subject matter has experts with unbiased opinion. Unfortunately, they tend not to lobby because they are not financially driven. Lobbying usually costs money directly, if not indirectly because of time spent.

I also don't think those $2800 xr1 fuel cells are 32 gallons.

If Marks statements were financially driven, then wouldn't it make sense for him to offer a bigger fuel cell, and charge more money?

jcotton02
10-09-2019, 11:58 PM
If Marks statements were financially driven, then wouldn't it make sense for him to offer a bigger fuel cell, and charge more money?

They have a bigger cell and a few had it in.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-10-2019, 03:49 AM
Who's hating on him, as soon as some one says something about a guy or has a different opinion than yours you're automatically a hater. Bet you vape to CnB.Break down assume for me sweetheart. Don’t fukin vape, never have, never will. Don’t smoke cigarettes, never have, never will. Do not chew. I drink Jack on the weekends.

Different than mine, I call everyone a hater? Pretty broad and totally non factual statement. You got me mixed up with the Pierce Posse. Anyone talks about Richards, I can guarantee there’s 2-3 that’ll be here like stink on sh!t to tell you what a turd he is. Them are facts, hate, dislike, wtf ever you wanna call it. Since hate got your panties wadded up, go with dislike.

No one has to like my opinion, I don’t care if I’m the only one in the room with it, is what it is. Never been a sheep.

bleedblue55
10-10-2019, 05:12 AM
Back in the STARS era the Pittsburgher always had a fuel stop at halfway. Likewise I remember fuel stops at Hagerstown for some of their bigger races. A very common sight in that era was teams switching carbs to run either Cam 2 fuel or Alky. Fuel stop they ran Alky for temps and performance, no fuel stop they ran Cam 2 fuel for mileage. Decisions had to be made then just like decisions were made at this years Pittsburgher. Sometimes those decisions don't work out.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-10-2019, 05:16 AM
Back in the STARS era the Pittsburgher always had a fuel stop at halfway. Likewise I remember fuel stops at Hagerstown for some of their bigger races. A very common sight in that era was teams switching carbs to run either Cam 2 fuel or Alky. Fuel stop they ran Alky for temps and performance, no fuel stop they ran Cam 2 fuel for mileage. Decisions had to be made then just like decisions were made at this years Pittsburgher. Sometimes those decisions don't work out.JD simply had a smaller fuel cell and a bigger carb, that’s all. Just a simple mistake.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-10-2019, 05:19 AM
If Mark had a link to buy his latest greatest 32 gallon fuel cell, ok, y’all got a point, cheesy and distasteful. But if it was just a been there done that, no harm, past experience. Blue I’ve been at at least a couple races with a fuel stop. Maybe Hagerstown, and PPMS, cannot remember.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-10-2019, 05:20 AM
Who's hating on him, as soon as some one says something about a guy or has a different opinion than yours you're automatically a hater. Bet you vape to CnB.Cannot stand vapers, white Oakley’s, or back ward hats, there ya go.

hucktyson
10-10-2019, 06:21 AM
Checking deck height before the race instead of after like they always used to has the decks way up in the air causing people to be in the fuel more when the track drys out. They used to use 13-14 gallons at Pittsburgh in 100 laps .... Cornett does send stuff out super rich so I’m sure that didn’t help. Either way you are allowed 32 gallons and JD was 7 laps short with 26....

ImCryn2
10-10-2019, 04:56 PM
I read somewhere that he had a 28 gallon cell, but your point is the same. JD wasn't the only one who ran out, but there were several others who made it with fuel left. Learn from it and move on is all you can do.

dirty-white-boy
10-11-2019, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=MasterSbilt_Racer;2289858

I also don't think those $2800 xr1 fuel cells are 32 gallons.[/QUOTE]

$2800 fuel cells seriously?

Jking24
10-11-2019, 12:50 PM
$2800 fuel cells seriously?With the cage yes

racedad11
10-11-2019, 07:59 PM
Another one of those "requirements" that cost racers money and line others pockets.