View Full Version : Eric Cooley Pockets $4,000 in Gumbo Nationals Opener

Ben Shelton
10-08-2019, 02:54 PM
For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
October 8, 2019

Eric Cooley Pockets $4,000 in Gumbo Nationals Opener
Coors Light Fall Classic at Whynot Motorsports Park Up Next

Fulton, MS (10/08/19) – Eric Cooley piloted his Bryson Motorsports No. 33 Eric Cooley Trucking/ XR1 Rocket Chassis/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model to the $4,000 win on Friday night in the opening round of the 13th annual Gumbo Nationals at Mississippi’s Greenville Speedway.

The victory marked his first of the 2019 season.

“Friday night we set fast time in our group and that set everything in motion for the rest of the night. I can’t thank my crew enough for their help and the late night in the shop to put me in position to win this race,” Cooley said. “I knew as long as I could keep my line and hit my marks that I’d be tough to pass. On Saturday night I buried us early in the night, and we had to come out of the B-Main. We started deep in the field, and I decided to just pull off early to save the car. Still not a bad weekend at all for our team.

“I’d like to say a very special thanks to Norman Bryson with Bryson Motorsports and all of my sponsors, who support my program.”

Eric Cooley was one of 24 Mississippi State Championship Challenge Series entries on hand at Greenville Speedway (Greenville, Mississippi) on Friday evening for the opening round of Gumbo Nationals doubleheader. Starting the night with a heat race victory, Eric earned the second-starting position for the opening night feature.

Outrunning a hard-charging Chad Thrash, Cooley soared to his first win of the season. Thrash, Mike Palasini Jr., Brian Rickman, and B.J. Robinson completed the Top-5 finishers. He earned a $4,000 payday for his triumph.

Returning on Saturday night for the $8,000-to-win finale, Cooley fell short of a transfer spot in his heat race, but captured a consolation victory. Starting the main event in 17th, Eric retired early from the feature to a 21st-place finish.

Full results from the weekend’s events are available at www.StateSeries.com .

The team will be idle for the next two weeks before returning to action on Thursday-Saturday, October 24-26 at Whynot Motorsports Park (Meridian, Mississippi) in the 25th Annual Coors Light Fall Classic. Weekend festivities include a pair of $2,500-to-win features on Friday night as well as a $15,000-to-win finale on Saturday night.

For more information on the weekend, please visit www.WhynotMotorsportsPark.com .

Eric and everyone at Cooley Motorsports would like to thank all of their sponsors, which include 78 Towing & Recovery Inc., Cooley Transport Inc, Bryson Motorsports, Tri-State Truck Center, Eric Cooley Trucking, O.H. Hendricks, GW Performance, VP Racing Fuels, Clements Racing Engines, SEG, Hooker Harness, Collins Signs and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

Cooley Motorsports is currently looking for new sponsors and marketing partners. For more information on joining the team, please visit www.EricCooleyRacing.com .

For more information on Eric Cooley and Bryson Motorsports, please visit the official team website at www.EricCooleyRacing.com and www.BrysonMotorsport.com .