PDA

View Full Version : This guy gets it!

dirty-white-boy
10-12-2019, 10:13 AM
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=556067515198158

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-12-2019, 10:53 AM
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=556067515198158

If the guy had any command of the English language, I might take his opinion, notice I said opinion, seriously.

chupp n bloomer fan
10-12-2019, 01:51 PM
If the guy had any command of the English language, I might take his opinion, notice I said opinion, seriously.He must have seen Bob and Tom where they have that skit about the uses for the word fuk.

I drop it a lot, but holy cow. When you’re trying to get a point across, not going to happen swearing that much.

ZERO25
10-12-2019, 02:13 PM
He must have seen Bob and Tom where they have that skit about the uses for the word fuk.

I drop it a lot, but holy cow. When you’re trying to get a point across, not going to happen swearing that much.

BINGO......people who use it that much, don't realize how ignorant they sound!

Krooser
10-13-2019, 10:12 AM
Saw that on FB... what an ass. Drunk ass I might add.

Yea I don't much care for the concept of crate racing. I get it. It seems like he wants rules to require a guy to only have the best equipment and the most experience to be able to race. BS.

I kinda used to be that guy.... went to the rules meetings, always bitching that this and that wasn't legal...couldn't have a QC in the starter class, no headers, no high dollar parts. All the while I could never even afford the changes I was pushing.

The "limiteds" the guy is hating on is a way to get some of the older cars back out on the track and out of those sheds in the back 40. They are running in USRA and some WISSOTA tracks as an unsanctioned class.

They have a "steel" block and head rule or crates. And a shock rule (USRA uses an Intergra). My idea would be to simply use your B mod engine rules and an oil shock of your choice.

"Hasn't been on a jig in 15 years"... what a dumb ass.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-13-2019, 10:19 AM
Dude loves street stocks. I guess you could get some nice donor cars at Barrett Jackson.

And the modified class they had when he was a kid had claimer engines and 9" Ford. They were today's B mod that he hates.

Rocky
10-13-2019, 07:53 PM
Street stock.... we need to dump gas on that division and burn it to the ground. Street stocks should be 15 year old and newer Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers, etc. WITH fuel injection. You know like street fukkin’cars. Not antiques from the 70’s and 80’s and not late models with clips that are also off antique cars.

mcarter815
10-13-2019, 09:06 PM
Hot Karl is hilarious. If you guys can’t tell, it’s mostly satire.

mcarter815
10-13-2019, 09:08 PM
Dude loves street stocks. I guess you could get some nice donor cars at Barrett Jackson.

And the modified class they had when he was a kid had claimer engines and 9" Ford. They were today's B mod that he hates.

I don’t think he hates b-mods. He hates there being too many classes.

dirtcrazy4u
10-14-2019, 11:26 AM
Crate racing and whiny arsh little b*tches have killed late model racing. He's right about guys showing up with 40k rollers. That doesn't count the numerous motors they buy and have dyno'd to see which one is stronger.

jog49
10-14-2019, 02:18 PM
Since Adam and Eve sponsored their first dirt late model, money has always been what wins race! Don't like competing against it? Take up gardening or some other low impact hobby.

ZERO25
10-14-2019, 07:09 PM
Since Adam and Eve sponsored their first dirt late model, money has always been what wins race! Don't like competing against it? Take up gardening or some other low impact hobby.

So Cain slew Abel because his donkey had superior genetics which costs a whole lot more than Cains backyard bred ones? Asking for a friend!

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-14-2019, 07:12 PM

Money doesn't always win, but it certainly helps. And it's easier to buy speed than it once was.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-14-2019, 07:59 PM
So Cain slew Abel because his donkey had superior genetics which costs a whole lot more than Cains backyard bred ones? Asking for a friend!

You taking up donkey breeding? Asking for some friends! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

ZERO25
10-14-2019, 08:08 PM
You taking up donkey breeding? Asking for some friends! 藍藍藍藍

Yep, your wife said she knew where the best JACKASSES lived at! :)

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-14-2019, 08:59 PM
Yep, your wife said she knew where the best JACKASSES lived at! :)

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

dmr37
10-15-2019, 08:28 AM
who remembers the thread on here about Oreo the Donkey?

Josh Bayko
10-15-2019, 02:05 PM
Money doesn't always win, but it certainly helps. And it's easier to buy speed than it once was.

Buying speed has been taking place for 40+ years now.

ImCryn2
10-15-2019, 10:31 PM
Buying speed has been taking place for 40+ years now.

True, but as MB racer pointed out, it's much easier to get good information and products today than it was 10-20-30 years ago.

Rocky
10-16-2019, 07:12 AM
Unless your time is worth absolutely nothing even if you design and build everything yourself, you’re buying speed. My buddy told me once to re estimate what I had in my car, but pay myself $8 an hour.....

Josh Bayko
10-16-2019, 08:09 AM
True, but as MB racer pointed out, it's much easier to get good information and products today than it was 10-20-30 years ago.

It really isn't. The only thing that's changed is the prices. They've gone up way more than normal inflation.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-16-2019, 09:30 AM
It really isn't. The only thing that's changed is the prices. They've gone up way more than normal inflation.

20 years ago, all you got was a baseline setup and you went and raced. CJ Rayburn told you to eat at the hotdog stand and leave your car alone. If you were a newbie, you bought that car and took your lumps.

Now, you spend a bunch of money with a shock guy, a boutique chassis, and a data acquisition guy. All these people give you valuable information that it would have taken you years to learn on your own, if you were intelligent enough to figure it out to begin with.

The average guy took a new car out the first time and it was either way tight or way loose. Now, you spend your 50K and that thing is darn near perfect.

fastford
10-16-2019, 10:21 AM
i thought that video was hilarious as h3ll , learned 2 things though , 1st , now we know why those crate engines are so cheap , there built in mexico , and 2nd , he dont mind screwing his friend over on that 400 deal telling him it was a 283 , glad i dont have friends like that , that i know of....lol....

ImCryn2
10-16-2019, 11:41 AM

You're smarter than that! At least I've always thought you were. Racers used to have at least some basic mechanical knowledge, now EVERYTHING can be bought. You can literally have a top of the line racer in the garage ready to win races without even getting your hands dirty. I laugh anytime I hear a guy that's always all dolled up say he just finished building a new car.

Barbecueboy
10-16-2019, 11:55 AM
You're smarter than that! At least I've always thought you were. Racers used to have at least some basic mechanical knowledge, now EVERYTHING can be bought. You can literally have a top of the line racer in the garage ready to win races without even getting your hands dirty. I laugh anytime I hear a guy that's always all dolled up say he just finished building a new car.

Do you actually race a car or crew for somebody that does??? I laugh every time I hear someone say you can buy wins and buy speed and bolt any driver in the car and get it.

Sure you can buy the parts , but you have to have the knowledge on how to use , install for maximum results and tune on them to fit the set up you want.

Not a slam on anyone but I'll offer up Blake Spencer as an example......guy has the best of everything you could possibly buy......very cool he is living his dream and I'm envious of the position he is in to be able to do it.....but the speed he has purchased ain't working.

Set up package isn't really a blanket you can throw over every driver and can't really be bought, you have to have someone with a little knowledge somewhere in the mix.

ZERO25
10-16-2019, 12:37 PM
Do you actually race a car or crew for somebody that does??? I laugh every time I hear someone say you can buy wins and buy speed and bolt any driver in the car and get it.

Sure you can buy the parts , but you have to have the knowledge on how to use , install for maximum results and tune on them to fit the set up you want.

Not a slam on anyone but I'll offer up Blake Spencer as an example......guy has the best of everything you could possibly buy......very cool he is living his dream and I'm envious of the position he is in to be able to do it.....but the speed he has purchased ain't working.

Set up package isn't really a blanket you can throw over every driver and can't really be bought, you have to have someone with a little knowledge somewhere in the mix.

Blakey boy also has a rich girlfriend who is a part owner of a large Ford dealership that buys all those pieces needed for speed! Unfortunately, talent is not found in any Ford parts catalog!

For some reason, only known by God, they put their money behind a raw green driver and crewchief. Perhaps, with a veteran crewchief, their results would be better!No codemnnation from me, just LUCKY them!!!

Josh Bayko
10-16-2019, 12:42 PM
20 years ago, all you got was a baseline setup and you went and raced. CJ Rayburn told you to eat at the hotdog stand and leave your car alone. If you were a newbie, you bought that car and took your lumps.

Now, you spend a bunch of money with a shock guy, a boutique chassis, and a data acquisition guy. All these people give you valuable information that it would have taken you years to learn on your own, if you were intelligent enough to figure it out to begin with.

The average guy took a new car out the first time and it was either way tight or way loose. Now, you spend your 50K and that thing is darn near perfect.

The baseline setups still aren't one size fits all. Being consistently fast is still largely trial and error until you get it right. You won't even be able to tell the shock guy what you want until you figure out what works for you in a particular car. No two driving styles are exactly alike, and that influences everything.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-16-2019, 03:16 PM
The baseline setups still aren't one size fits all. Being consistently fast is still largely trial and error until you get it right. You won't even be able to tell the shock guy what you want until you figure out what works for you in a particular car. No two driving styles are exactly alike, and that influences everything.

That no 2 guys are alike argument only goes so far. And it isn't like they go from slinging it to creeping in the corner these days either. These cars are so well tuned you don't do much when they are right. Its whole new game. You don't tell that shock guy what you want. He can tell you. If he can't see it, he can bolt sensors on and let you know.

mcarter815
10-16-2019, 04:56 PM
I have hands on experience with telemetry. It only tells you so much on dirt. There is a ton of noise you have to filter out because the surface is so rough, the cars are constantly in a hiked position which interferes with the accelerometers, and the suspensions just don't move that much. That means that you're looking at very minute changes and the track is constantly changing throughout a testing session so it's hard to know what is from the suspension change and what is from the track changing.

Also, it's more than just throwing a sensor on a car. It can take multiple hours to get a car wired up. We have a $7k kit that has sensors for four shocks, fifth coil, throttle, brake, steering, and g-forces. It can take two guys a full day to get everything hooked up and calibrated on a car.

Rocky
10-16-2019, 05:04 PM
I got a friend with a brand new XR1, he runs in the back with me. He had a Jet street stock, wasn’t fast with it either. If you could buy a win, really, let me know so I can tell him. He’s got plenty of money.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-16-2019, 05:12 PM
I have hands on experience with telemetry. It only tells you so much on dirt. There is a ton of noise you have to filter out because the surface is so rough, the cars are constantly in a hiked position which interferes with the accelerometers, and the suspensions just don't move that much. That means that you're looking at very minute changes and the track is constantly changing throughout a testing session so it's hard to know what is from the suspension change and what is from the track changing.

Also, it's more than just throwing a sensor on a car. It can take multiple hours to get a car wired up. We have a $7k kit that has sensors for four shocks, fifth coil, throttle, brake, steering, and g-forces. It can take two guys a full day to get everything hooked up and calibrated on a car.

You pay the smart guy to know what to do with it. Point proven.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-16-2019, 05:13 PM
If you suck and have a great car, you still suck. Everyone else has a great car too. There is no excuse to suck because your car is bad anymore. That's the difference.

mcarter815
10-16-2019, 05:14 PM
The fact you think telemetry is some magic wand you can wave over a car and it will reveal all its secrets tells me you don't have experience with it. The best use for telemetry is in teaching new drivers how to drive the car. It's easy to compare an experienced driver's inputs with a new driver's inputs and shorten the learning curve.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-16-2019, 05:17 PM
The fact you think telemetry is some magic wand you can wave over a car and it will reveal all its secrets tells me you don't have experience with it. The best use for telemetry is in teaching new drivers how to drive the car. It's easy to compare an experienced driver's inputs with a new driver's inputs and shorten the learning curve.

You called it a magic wand. Not I. Some things do stick out like a sore thumb.

mcarter815
10-16-2019, 05:19 PM
You don't tell that shock guy what you want. He can tell you. If he can't see it, he can bolt sensors on and let you know.

That sure sounds like calling telemetry a magic wand to me.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-16-2019, 05:21 PM
It can help show a guy what he is doing wrong. It can also show you damping problems, frequency issues, etc.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-16-2019, 05:22 PM
That sure sounds like calling telemetry a magic wand to me.

It tells you stuff the naked eye can't see. It's a tool. Just like your stopwatch and your eyes and ears. In the event those aren't good enough, it can sure help.

mcarter815
10-16-2019, 05:24 PM
Right, it's just a tool. You're making it sound like the driver's feedback isn't useful, which is wrong.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-16-2019, 05:26 PM
Right, it's just a tool. You're making it sound like the driver's feedback isn't useful, which is wrong.

It may or may not be. Some drivers feedback is detrimental.

Rocky
10-16-2019, 05:26 PM
If you suck and have a great car, you still suck. Everyone else has a great car too. There is no excuse to suck because your car is bad anymore. That's the difference.

Uhh I don’t have a great car. But that’s not why I suck. I bet it doesn’t help but these drivers, they were bred to race. Look at a typical 20 year old LM driver, he’s got 15 years racing experience and 5 or 6 years in late models. Everybody has to buy a car, but there’s no substitute for experience. The easiest way for me to buy speed would be to go over to Albemarle speedway and hire a 16 year old. Eventually it’s gonna come to that too if I wanna continue to own a Late Model.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-16-2019, 05:29 PM
I was speaking in general Rocky. It was in response to not winning with an xr1.

Rocky
10-16-2019, 05:36 PM
I know. I was just playing a little Devil’s advocate. Brian totally admits he sucks lol.

Rocky
10-16-2019, 05:43 PM
To be fair he’s gotten a lot better though. Not something I can say about myself. I have gotten a little better. But we’re totally the jabronies that Hot Carl is talking about. In limiteds even (not crates but he’s got a crate car too). I got the 20 year old car that hasn’t been on the jig in 15 years and he’s got the $40,000 roller.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-16-2019, 05:47 PM
I hear you. My main point was new guys used to look really bad. Often you could see their cars were a hot mess. Now days, it's easy to get what you need to have a car that works pretty well out of the box. Spencer, though improved, doesn't win. But, he isn't plowing the nose around the track either. Honestly, his car looks like it drives better than average.

The cars used to be so unbalanced that the front and rear didn't work together, but the two kinda matched upat a certain corner speed. When the rack slowed down 3 tenths, a car that seemed good went junk on balance. Thanks to advancement and aero load, lap time means little to balance, when compared to 15 years ago.

Rocky
10-16-2019, 05:53 PM
I am buying a newer race car this winter I totally don’t think I am giving myself much of a chance with what I have. I don’t think I am gonna win or anything I just want a newer, better car. What would I do if Late Model went crate here? Get a modified. That’s what.

Rocky
10-16-2019, 06:14 PM
I hear you. My main point was new guys used to look really bad. Often you could see their cars were a hot mess. Now days, it's easy to get what you need to have a car that works pretty well out of the box. Spencer, though improved, doesn't win. But, he isn't plowing the nose around the track either. Honestly, his car looks like it drives better than average.

The cars used to be so unbalanced that the front and rear didn't work together, but the two kinda matched upat a certain corner speed. When the rack slowed down 3 tenths, a car that seemed good went junk on balance. Thanks to advancement and aero load, lap time means little to balance, when compared to 15 years ago.

Yes... yes, that’s what my car does. One of the fast guys sailed it into 3 at Dixieland burped the throttle and jumped on it and my buddy said.... You need to do that. I pointed over the hill and said look man, I would hit that guy’s motor home if I did that in my car.

Barbecueboy
10-16-2019, 07:49 PM
It may or may not be. Some drivers feedback is detrimental.

Well said....

Rocky
10-16-2019, 09:12 PM
Also, I was talking to one of the other guys and said, it just don’t seem to handle that good. To which he replied.... I can see you out there you know lol. God I have so much work to do.

ImCryn2
10-17-2019, 11:27 AM

Yes I raced, but only from 1987-2013 so I'm sure I don't know anything. What exactly do you think guys like Kirk Loudy do to make a living? They sell their knowledge and call it CONSULTING. They provide knowledge on how to use those parts you bought, they tell you how to install them for maximum results, and they help you get the car tuned for your own driving style. I'm not sure which part of my post you disagree with, or maybe you just disagree because it's me. I never said any driver could win, maybe re-read my post.

ImCryn2
10-17-2019, 11:34 AM
Rocky, I don't think I have seen anywhere where someone said you can buy wins. I stated anyone can have a top of the line race car in the garage that is capable of winning races. There's a difference.

fastford
10-17-2019, 02:30 PM
some one mentioned a 16 year old driver , if some one can afford to put that 16 year old in a full blown top of the line late model , then they can surly afford to send him to a top notch driving school , and when he hits the track , he/she is fast , or at least that is what i have witnessed around here.......

JimBo
10-17-2019, 06:33 PM
This guy doesn't get sh!t. Sure most of us look down upon crates, limiteds or whatever you call them but they do have a place today and in the future and in local shows. I guess he got half way tanked up and tried to be funny.

Rocky
10-18-2019, 08:48 AM
Nobody wants to watch a “feature” with 6 cars in it. I call that chit everybody gets a trophy racing. Street Stock, Pro Stock etc..... why in the hell would you cut up a 78 Camaro in 2020, when somebody will GIVE YOU a black front rocket, etc all the spares and a pile of old shocks and a frames and stuff just to get it out of the garage. So I agree to a point. I might do another video. Maybe.

mcarter815
10-18-2019, 09:49 AM
We'll probably eventually see car clubs for dirt racing where an organization, likely the track, would have a couple mechanics on the payroll who maintain a fleet of race cars for the members. Members pay a yearly membership fee plus a deposit and all they have to do is show up to the track with their safety gear. Two things are commonly blamed for the drop in car counts with the first being money and the second being time. That would solve the issue of people not having enough time to work on their cars.

fastford
10-18-2019, 09:55 AM
rocky , when you say " might do another video " , is that you in this one ?????

Rocky
10-18-2019, 10:31 AM
rocky , when you say " might do another video " , is that you in this one ?????

No, that’s not me. Occasionally I jabber about stuff on my YouTube channel. I made one about car counts, fan counts maybe 2 weeks ago. I can link it if you want. There’s no Schtick about it. Just me and my dumb ideas.

Rocky
10-18-2019, 10:33 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HkKNTNR-uY8

That’s me.

Bob Hubbard
01-27-2020, 07:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG28ak76x0w

buster83
01-28-2020, 12:04 AM
customized street stocks say a camaro with a 6.2 all digital dash and more.