PDA

View Full Version : No more LOLMDS @ Tazewell???

Ron Burgundy
10-17-2019, 09:41 PM
Just seen on Facebook that Lucas dropped Tazewell and picked up Talladega short track... What's going on

Dirtking2512
10-17-2019, 10:17 PM
Really?? They had to drop Tazewell just to pick up Talladega?? That just plane suck man

zyoung25
10-17-2019, 10:21 PM
The taz won't be the last and only one dropped. It sounds like they're gonna cut 5-6 races next year. Fayetteville and now tazwell.

Dlmfan123
10-17-2019, 10:24 PM
They picked up Talladega but I doubt that’s the reason they dropped taz.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-17-2019, 10:31 PM
The taz won't be the last and only one dropped. It sounds like they're gonna cut 5-6 races next year. Fayetteville and now tazwell.

With Fayetteville gone may b they will pick up another nc track

Dlmfan123
10-17-2019, 10:35 PM
The Lucas schedule is supposed to be released sometime this weekend

Bloomerdirtking
10-18-2019, 06:47 AM
I am hoping to see Kokomo on the schedule for next year.

mccreadiefan39
10-18-2019, 07:53 AM
I'm sorry for local fans in that area but Fayettville doesn't deserve a national date. The track has some of the worst racing of any track on either national tour.

dirt crow
10-18-2019, 08:16 AM
Well I’m sure the majority of drivers aren’t upset about Taz dropped. Perhaps they pushed this. Bout like Macon makeup was canceled cause they all wanted to go home.

B_K
10-18-2019, 08:29 AM
I don’t think Talladega got the Taz date.

dirtSLMracing
10-18-2019, 09:03 AM
mccreadiefan39

I'm about an hour from Fayetteville, I stopped going the racing got so bad. I never have claimed to have the answers but what they have tried has not worked.

foxfire2dirtracing
10-18-2019, 09:19 AM
Many of the teams have complained to Lucas Oil about Taz for years. The road in/out with the big haulers, the pit area & ect. With the bigger bodies- the racing has somewhat took away the side by side racing there.
My viewpoint:
#1. There has been absolutely no improvements to the facility in 30 years-except painting the guardrails annually. Is status quo still enough in today’s times?

#2.- if Gary Hall is being truthful about Lucas not giving him a reason - that’s terrible on their part. Taz has been with them since the beginning. Is the series getting to “big headed” for their own good? Example:- having Dirt on Dirt cut back on videos. Just ???? But look what has happened to NASCAR in the last few years. We need Lucas Oil & the World of Outlaws both to thrive- but by being fair, honest & respectfully to all parties- including the fans, promotor s& teams.
Maybe we will know more about “why” soon as to TAZ. I don’t think it has ever been discussed as to why the World of Outlaws didn’t return there??
As a fan living 30 minutes away- it will effect me - but whatever the reason- hopefully we will know more??

bleedblue55
10-18-2019, 09:30 AM
And yet Tyler Co. has 2 Lucas dates. They have made a few upgrades lately but it still has to rank as one of most rudimentary tracks around. Probably more to the Taz story, there usually is.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-18-2019, 09:41 AM
I'm sorry for local fans in that area but Fayettville doesn't deserve a national date. The track has some of the worst racing of any track on either national tour.

Thank you im 2.5 hrs away and feel the same

Mason87
10-18-2019, 09:49 AM
I'm 25 minutes away and feel the same way, haven't gone to a race in awhile. It sucks to because the guy seems like he really tried but the place just produces bad racing. Fayetteville has a lot of positives location, facilities, nice people but the track just sucks.

ShawnStreet
10-18-2019, 10:08 AM
I'll agree with foxfire about Tazewell. The restrooms have not been updates since General Longstreet peed there after the Civil War battle for Knoxville. Also, I'm wondering if Volunteer might be back on the schedule. That's four tracks really close together battling for dates -- 411, Smoky Mountain, Volunteer and Tazewell. Someone had to get the short end of the stick and Taz has the worst facilities so...

TeNfOMaFiA69
10-18-2019, 10:19 AM
And yet Tyler Co. has 2 Lucas dates. They have made a few upgrades lately but it still has to rank as one of most rudimentary tracks around. Probably more to the Taz story, there usually is.

Atleast Tyler County is racey... Tazewell is fast but that doesn’t produce good racing

TerryM
10-18-2019, 07:18 PM
We go to Tazewell just about every year, and have since HAT was there in the 90’s. When you never do anything to upgrade your facility or your track, you have no right to cry when things like this happen. Also, as someone else said, the road in and out of there has to be pretty tough for those big haulers. Parking for fans isn’t exactly a pleasure either. Tazewell is a cool track when it’s racy, but more often than not it isn’t good enough to overcome all the negatives about the place. I know a lot of people are surprised by this announcement, but I’m not. With Smoky Mountain bouncing back with a promoter willing to do whatever it takes to be a top attraction, places like Tazewell will get left behind.

3 wide
10-18-2019, 09:58 PM
The problem with tazwell is they have forgot how to work there track when John Thompson had the track it was racy every night not now I quit going.

GEAR_HEAD
10-19-2019, 06:07 AM
Tazewell has been one groove around the top every time I've been there. As a promoter you have to realize that and make the bottom racier, even if that means taking some of the banking out of it.

BloomerHarvickFan
10-19-2019, 08:31 AM
I will miss Tazewell, but I hope this means that another East Tennessee track like Bull's Gap can get back on the schedule.

STRONGERTHANDIRT
10-19-2019, 08:50 AM
I wonder what the car counts have been for Lucas the last say 5 years. Seems to me they had trouble drawing enough cars for full field.

foxfire2dirtracing
10-19-2019, 09:51 AM
This years car count was 27

chilimac
10-19-2019, 01:06 PM
I'll agree with foxfire about Tazewell. The restrooms have not been updates since General Longstreet peed there after the Civil War battle for Knoxville. Also, I'm wondering if Volunteer might be back on the schedule. That's four tracks really close together battling for dates -- 411, Smoky Mountain, Volunteer and Tazewell. Someone had to get the short end of the stick and Taz has the worst facilities so...

Facilities suck at Tazewell but usually it's a good race. Smokey Mountain is always a train race, 411 is a day race in reality because of the time limit and Volunteers track prep has been spotty. I haven't been to a race at the Gap since the new promoter so I hope the prep is better now. Volunteer can be a premier track if the surface is done right, facilities are nice easy to get to and parking is good.

3 wide
10-20-2019, 08:02 AM
I noticed 411 is on the schedule the problem there is the curfew if they would cut back to about 3 classes instead of 6 an let the sun get down they might have a good race but other than that it want be any better than the taz.