PDA

View Full Version : Tony Izzo Jr. and Sixteen Race Promotions buys MARS Racing Series.

HoosierDirtFan
10-21-2019, 01:27 PM
Delete page.

MUD MAESTRO
10-21-2019, 01:41 PM
One thing for sure, after the last group of owners of MARS ran it into the ground, an Izzo ownership has tremendous upside.

MUD MAESTRO
10-21-2019, 01:52 PM
What can this mean for a renaissance of La Salle Speedway?

HoosierDirtFan
10-21-2019, 01:56 PM
One thing for sure, after the last group of owners of MARS ran it into the ground, an Izzo ownership has tremendous upside.

MUD I agree. He's not a bad promoter. Just had some bad luck with certain dealings and what not. I could see this working out. Tony's been around a good while and has see the good and the bad. The Thaw Brawl LaSalle was always a good show in my opinion. I'm sure someone will think this is a crock but I sure don't. Let see what he can do in his first year at the helm and run the series. No one is perfect right from the start.

WisWildManFan
10-21-2019, 02:07 PM
Just means canceled events will be spread across the Midwest instead of at one track

obamaracing#1
10-21-2019, 02:12 PM
not sure how I feel about this, mixed emotions

thexfactor0210
10-21-2019, 07:16 PM
I would imagine we will see multiple events at Plymouth Speedway in Indiana since Izzo was helping with track prep there.

Zonks32x
10-21-2019, 07:24 PM
Hopefully, this means events in IL, IN, and hopefully a couple events in IA and WI.

HoosierDirtFan
10-21-2019, 07:57 PM
Hopefully, this means events in IL, IN, and hopefully a couple events in IA and WI.

Guess will see. Hope to see a few other tracks on the schedule. Maybe Hartford Speedway in Hartford (Southwest), MI would be interested in a race Those folks are good people and promote a good track. They pack the fans in there as well. I'm not gonna cast any type of judgment until I see how Tony's first year with the series goes.

klemmabyna
10-21-2019, 08:02 PM
my opinion: oh how I hope this works.

MARS had a long and distinguished history that had great regional support and was ran well enough that the national stars would frequently show up.

and I have been an Izzo supporter since I watched him and crew rescue several events that would have never happened if not for the efforts and hard work with a hands on tony and crew.

add in the chance that several of these events might happen relatively close to my dirt track desert location and I have my hopes up.

besides, who else is trying start up ventures? best wishes to all involved.

hoosier race fan
10-21-2019, 08:48 PM
They had a good variety of different tracks on the 2019 schedule. I think keeping most of those and adding just a few more races would make a nice tour for 2020 and something to establish the series for the future. Here’s my take on it:

18 races at 15 tracks
3/6 Clarksville
3/7 Clarksville
4/17 Belle-Clair
4/18 Fayette County
5/8 Farmer City
5/9 Fairbury
5/29 Bloomington
5/30 Plymouth
6/27 Moler
6/28 Brownstown
7/3 Thunder Valley
7/4 Lawrenceburg
7/31 Windy Hollow
8/1 Brownstown
8/14 Tri-City
8/15 I-55
9/6 Spoon River (Mars vs Big 10)
10/3 Plymouth (Mars vs AELMT Autumn Classic)

HoosierDirtFan
10-21-2019, 09:34 PM
Hoosier Race Fan

It would be cool to see Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, Indiana added to that schedule. Not sure what track(s) you could pair with it for a 2 or 3 race weekend.

dirtybird73
10-22-2019, 06:33 AM
Hoosier Race Fan

It would be cool to see Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt, Indiana added to that schedule. Not sure what track(s) you could pair with it for a 2 or 3 race weekend.

BloomingtonSpeedway , Indiana
Brownstown Speedway, Indiana
Windy Hollow Speedway, Owensboro,Kentucky
Thunder Valley Speedway, Salem, Indiana
Western Kentucky Speedway, Madisonville, Kentucky

… not to mention St. Louis is just 2.5 hours away, so all of those area tracks would be a good option as well.

18mmod
10-22-2019, 01:51 PM
Does this mean LaSalle will have this race series there also?

thexfactor0210
10-22-2019, 01:55 PM
Does this mean LaSalle will have this race series there also?

I think most of the equipment to work the track was sold so I am not sure if LaSalle has a chance of opening again.

jensenracing18
10-22-2019, 02:29 PM
pretty much all of LaSalle's track equipment was purchased by Merritt speedway in northern Michigan. Lasalle is done unless they decide to sell the land off.

hoosier race fan
10-22-2019, 03:31 PM
Hoosier Race Fan

I agree that a race at Tri-State would be a good addition to the schedule I listed. The only reason I did not include them is because they run a very few events that don’t feature non-wing sprints as the headliner. Their summer nationals race is usually the only late model show they run. I tried to keep my schedule realistic, and I just don’t see Tri-State running another late model race. I’d love to be proven wrong though.

There were quite a few tracks I wanted to add, but didn’t because I just don’t think they would book a show with the Mars series. Tri-State, Kokomo, Gas City, Montpelier, Hartford, Lincoln, Jacksonville, Highland, Charleston, maybe even Kankakee or Shadyhill. I like the 2 race weekends with pairings of tracks that are relatively close together. Plenty of options for Friday-Saturday or Saturday-Sunday tracks and events. Clarksville/Windy Hollow, Bloomington/Tri-State, Thunder Valley/Brownstown, Moler/Lawrenceburg, Tri-City/I-55, Belle-Clair/Fayette County, Farmer City/Fairbury, Lincoln/Spoon River, Plymouth/Kokomo, Gas City/Montpelier. Maybe even Kankakee/Shady Hill or Boswell if their deal works out. I left a lot of those off if they already host a race with another series or rarely have late model shows. All wishful thinking, but I hope the series does well under new ownership.