PDA

View Full Version : Devin Moran

Mams
10-21-2019, 04:24 PM
Back with Tye Twarog in the #9 for 2020.

GEAR_HEAD
10-21-2019, 04:56 PM
That news was released a few months ago.

Mams
10-21-2019, 05:01 PM
No, was just a rumor but everyone knew that’s what would happen. Announcement in DOD today.:

BTExpress
10-21-2019, 05:18 PM
Are they following the LOLMS or WOO's next year?

Mams
10-21-2019, 05:21 PM
It said they hope to follow a series & mentioned possibly Lucas, WoO or SN’s. They have Clements power & heard new Longhorns.

spiderma4
10-21-2019, 05:44 PM
Good now maybe he can get back to winning some. That had to be a long long year for him.

Mams
10-21-2019, 05:58 PM
Good now maybe he can get back to winning some. That had to be a long long year for him.

Yes, the DB ride is a shadow of what it once was. There are some interesting rumors about what will happen to that team.

Barbecueboy
10-21-2019, 07:56 PM
Yup.....glad to see Devin in the longhorn.

Crossbones
10-22-2019, 02:03 AM

Get back to winning? Go back to WoO if he wants to do better. If he had ran WoO this year he would have probably finished 2nd in points and had a career year with DBM.

Barbecueboy
10-22-2019, 07:21 AM
And they wonder why?

waaac77
10-22-2019, 08:13 AM
It does surprise me that more big time guys don’t run the WoO tour with the money involved and the chance to resurrect your career. Sheppard and Clanton being the only real threats. Weiss will be better next year I’m sure but drops significantly after that. That all being said, would love to see Moran back on the WoO tour

spiderma4
10-22-2019, 05:38 PM
crossbone if u cant win one race on the lucas tour all year how do u think the dbm team could run any better in woo? Moran was the only one in the top 12 or so in points to not win. Lucas had like 19 different winners. Bottom line is dunn benson has issues and its up to people like barbeque to figure it out cause he knows y.

ready2rd
10-22-2019, 07:29 PM
Spiderma4 when a car owner gives you 5 motors 3 cars a brand new hauler 3 full time crew members and you still cant seal the deal its time for a change .Far as devin being only one in top 12 without a win well guess who was sitting in the seat for all those lucas races . All the folks here at this race team wish Devin and Wylie best of luck in 2020 and beyond.

Dlmfan123
10-22-2019, 07:35 PM
Only one in the top 10 with out a win. Bmj and stormy didn’t win either

00Hdmn
10-22-2019, 07:48 PM
Moran is really overrated IMO and he is arrogant as can be. It will be interesting to see who is in the seat at DB next year to see if they can do any better.

Mams
10-22-2019, 08:10 PM
Moran is really overrated IMO and he is arrogant as can be. It will be interesting to see who is in the seat at DB next year to see if they can do any better.

Just curious - why do you say he is arrogant?

Barbecueboy
10-22-2019, 08:41 PM
Now how you want to go and introduce facts like that???? Messes up his whole theory and stuff.

Barbecueboy
10-22-2019, 08:47 PM
crossbone if u cant win one race on the lucas tour all year how do u think the dbm team could run any better in woo? Moran was the only one in the top 12 or so in points to not win. Lucas had like 19 different winners. Bottom line is dunn benson has issues and its up to people like barbeque to figure it out cause he knows y.

Bottom line is , you're stupid......and mis informed.

And by the way, if I knew why like you say I do, then why would I need to figure it out???? Did I mention you're stupid?

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
10-22-2019, 08:52 PM

How do u know there will be a DB ride next yr?

Barbecueboy
10-22-2019, 08:52 PM

Do you actually read what you write before you hit submit??? Did you just really try to imply that woo is on par with the talent level running the Lucas tour????

chupp n bloomer fan
10-23-2019, 03:32 AM
Do you actually read what you write before you hit submit??? Did you just really try to imply that woo is on par with the talent level running the Lucas tour????I would because of one car numbered number one.

Jking24
10-23-2019, 05:45 AM
I love all the arguments about woo being sub par when their are virtually no facts to support it. Their is no argument that between the two rosters lucas has more big names currently but that means nothing. Just because you've done something in the past doesn't mean your running well right now. D. Erb switched this year and was no better on the woo circuit than lucas. T erb switched and finished 4th in points and i think won like the third most races. The second most lucas races were won by a woo regular. Lanigan switched back and was far from resurrecting his career. Point is just because their roster doesn't have the star power that lucas does doesn't mean it's any easier to win. Either tour is tough and each poses its own unique challenges with different tire rules, formats and venues they race at. But neither is sub par to the other and if you think so bring your stuff out and see where you stack up.

ImCryn2
10-23-2019, 05:52 AM
Spiderma4 when a car owner gives you 5 motors 3 cars a brand new hauler 3 full time crew members and you still cant seal the deal its time for a change .Far as devin being only one in top 12 without a win well guess who was sitting in the seat for all those lucas races . All the folks here at this race team wish Devin and Wylie best of luck in 2020 and beyond.

So the problem was Devin, in your opinion??

00Hdmn
10-23-2019, 05:54 AM
Just curious - why do you say he is arrogant?

The few times I have been around him at the races he was just a little (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), almost like a rich kid that couldn’t have a conversation with a normal person. That’s all, maybe he has changed.

hucktyson
10-23-2019, 06:27 AM
This kind of blows the 4m narrative out of the water that a car owner would rather not win than have to replace quarter panels .... Seems to me that Bobby Tore up some
Quarter panels but won 4 lucas races and with any luck of not having parts failures would have won 3-4 more .... I believe Bobby was offered a second year and it doesn’t sound like devin was ..... I know it sounds crazy but if a car owner is spending 6-800k to run that caliber of operation he’s expecting to WIN not just come home with a straight quarter panel ...

Barbecueboy
10-23-2019, 07:04 AM
He also expects the employee to show up for work all week.......and there has been no narrative anywhere saying an owner would rather not win.

Of course they want to win..... But when they can't they want to be able to put it in the trailer without a winch and a crowbar.

Barbecueboy
10-23-2019, 07:10 AM
And fwiw, your narrative is pretty weak.......nobody anywhere has said that your hero's son wasn't better......just wilder and way more inconsistent in the ride.

Mams
10-23-2019, 07:15 AM
Thanks for reply. We can agree to disagree - have found him to be anything but arrogant.

Barbecueboy
10-23-2019, 07:17 AM
I would because of one car numbered number one.

He's one guy that's the odds on favorite at every woo show( and Lucas for that matter).......after madden and maybe coconut on the woo side .....huge fall off.

B shep in his current situation is the best in the country......sorry jd.

00Hdmn
10-23-2019, 07:57 AM
Thanks for reply. We can agree to disagree - have found him to be anything but arrogant.

Yeah he could be, maybe I caught him at bad times or something.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-23-2019, 08:06 AM

Maybe a crewmember is the weak link?

Barbecueboy
10-23-2019, 10:32 AM
Maybe a crewmember is the weak link?

That's what spidey is trying to imply but too big of a kitty to put his name on the dotted line.....

Josh Bayko
10-23-2019, 11:15 AM
I love all the arguments about woo being sub par when their are virtually no facts to support it. Their is no argument that between the two rosters lucas has more big names currently but that means nothing. Just because you've done something in the past doesn't mean your running well right now. D. Erb switched this year and was no better on the woo circuit than lucas. T erb switched and finished 4th in points and i think won like the third most races. The second most lucas races were won by a woo regular. Lanigan switched back and was far from resurrecting his career. Point is just because their roster doesn't have the star power that lucas does doesn't mean it's any easier to win. Either tour is tough and each poses its own unique challenges with different tire rules, formats and venues they race at. But neither is sub par to the other and if you think so bring your stuff out and see where you stack up.

I thought the Lucas > WoO narrative was kinda blown out of the water when Richards switched tours and won a Lucas title his first year on tour in an unfamiliar ride. Feelings seem to matter over facts these days though.

Barbecueboy
10-23-2019, 12:28 PM
I'm not sure about everyone else's narrative but mine has and until something in the tours change will always be.......top to bottom Lucas is much stronger.

Toss out the top guy and bottom guy in each series in points .....will give a pretty good perspective on which series is stronger top to bottom and which is harder to win in.

Just an opinion , but I'm going with it .....

Jking24
10-23-2019, 02:30 PM
I'm not sure about everyone else's narrative but mine has and until something in the tours change will always be.......top to bottom Lucas is much stronger.Toss out the top guy and bottom guy in each series in points .....will give a pretty good perspective on which series is stronger top to bottom and which is harder to win in.Just an opinion , but I'm going with it .....If you take out the top guy in each series im not a stats guy but I'm pretty sure alot more lucas races were won by nontouring or at minimum not series regulars this year. That doesn't back your theory up very much

spiderma4
10-23-2019, 02:30 PM
Do you actually read what you write before you hit submit??? Did you just really try to imply that woo is on par with the talent level running the Lucas tour????

here is moran stats running outlaw races in the 9 car this year. 13th 15th 24th 9th 20th 19th 15th dns 14th 2nd 22nd. I didn't say one was any better than the other u said that, my comment was more if u cant win in one why would you be able to win in the other? Moran was in the 9 car on a part time deal but does have a history of winning woo races with that team so is the dunn benson team better than the 9 team this year hard to tell but the results are about the same.

spiderma4
10-23-2019, 02:52 PM
Now how you want to go and introduce facts like that???? Messes up his whole theory and stuff.

so bloomer was 14th in points don oneil was 13th they had wins so 11 out of the top 14 had wins. There is no theory there just facts idiot boy

spiderma4
10-23-2019, 03:03 PM

Bottom line is , you're stupid......and mis informed.

And by the way, if I knew why like you say I do, then why would I need to figure it out???? Did I mention you're stupid?

Just like always u go to name calling because someone has a different opinion and I understand because you are alittle bitch so from now on I will call u idiot boy. PS I will pray for u, hope u get some help for your issues.

Barbecueboy
10-23-2019, 09:59 PM
If you take out the top guy in each series im not a stats guy but I'm pretty sure alot more lucas races were won by nontouring or at minimum not series regulars this year. That doesn't back your theory up very much

You know, when you say it like that .....you're right.

I guess my only valid response would be to say , break it down to the simplest form of who is better , line by line, series by series.....I give Brandon the edge over JD, after that it's pretty much a Lucas route.

Far from scientific,just shotgun opinionated logic.

Barbecueboy
10-23-2019, 10:08 PM
Just like always u go to name calling because someone has a different opinion and I understand because you are alittle bitch so from now on I will call u idiot boy. PS I will pray for u, hope u get some help for your issues.

its not your opinions that make you dumb, it's how you stumble and trip all over yourself trying to explain them sensibly( which almost never happens)......read what you write every now and again, or at least have someone read it to you.

Barbecueboy
10-23-2019, 10:17 PM
so bloomer was 14th in points don oneil was 13th they had wins so 11 out of the top 14 had wins. There is no theory there just facts idiot boy

But that's not what you said at all Bud........if you would of everyone would agree.....but in your effort to discredit Moran you didn't say it that way at all.

and got called on it by someone other than me...whoops.

spiderma4
10-23-2019, 11:38 PM
your right I said top 12 or so in points. Iam not so much trying to discredit moran more like the dunn benson team. On a positive note I see where u said u were out.

Barbecueboy
10-24-2019, 07:11 AM
Changed my mind.......you're too much fun......back in.

Can you show us on the doll where the mean DB touched you?

spiderma4
10-24-2019, 09:58 PM
Iam sure the dunn benson tteam is proud of you! the team is lucky to have you! Just think if you spent the time on making morans car turn alittle bit instead of bringing your joy to the 4m maybe you guys could of won a lucas race!

Barbecueboy
10-25-2019, 06:13 AM
Mad bro? Thanks for the compliment but you may want to have that guy you go to for info to do a little fact checking.

After you get home from middle school of course".....clearly you need your learning.

hucktyson
10-25-2019, 07:17 AM
Yeah clearly the XR1 cars have a major issue with not turning ..... since the rocket 1 is lapped traffic everytime it races 🙄🙄🙄🙄 Maybe if Brandon Shepard got a kryptonite he could be competitive 🤣🤣🤣🤣

ImCryn2
10-25-2019, 07:41 AM
Yeah clearly the XR1 cars have a major issue with not turning ..... since the rocket 1 is lapped traffic everytime it races  Maybe if Brandon Shepard got a kryptonite he could be competitive 藍藍藍藍

Devin has stated a couple times that they have been fighting getting the car to turn all year. I'm sure that's where that comment came from.

Barbecueboy
10-25-2019, 08:26 AM
I think it came from his " I hate BBQ " personality instead of his " I have common sense " personality......the best one yet is the " BBQ works for DB " personality.

Check this out....it's my , " And they wonder why" personality ;)

Jking24
10-25-2019, 08:26 AM
Devin has stated a couple times that they have been fighting getting the car to turn all year. I'm sure that's where that comment came from.I believe you are correct and i have a theory on that matter. Dunn benson seems to have alot of product help and support similar to the peirce family . This leads to having cars that carry the same name but have many different components bolted on them than rocket 1 or many of the other teams running the cars. This makes the car different not necessarily better or worse but different. Especially when your on a different shock package. Hence the growing pains of some of these teams that make the switch. One team that has alot of that and the driver stated a few times early in the season that he was struggling to find the "feel" he had in the other xr1 cars he'd driven is rum runner racing. I don't know for fact but i believe tye's stuff was pure rocket witch makes it alot easier to get help. Not that their not getting help but if your not on the same stuff the same adjustments might not work aswell for you

Barbecueboy
10-25-2019, 08:31 AM
Nobody is going to step in with a group of people they don't know and become instantly successful.......as witnessed over the last two years with DB.

Best parts or not, sometimes personalities ,poor attitudes and even worse communication habits negate all the best equipment you can buy.

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-25-2019, 10:48 AM
Yeah clearly the XR1 cars have a major issue with not turning ..... since the rocket 1 is lapped traffic everytime it races  Maybe if Brandon Shepard got a kryptonite he could be competitive 藍藍藍藍

Bobby's doesn't turn. Got ya...

Barbecueboy
10-25-2019, 01:43 PM
Bobby's doesn't turn. Got ya...

Its more of a controlled crash.......he is one of the few that's ever been good at it.

spiderma4
10-25-2019, 07:41 PM
Mad bro? Thanks for the compliment but you may want to have that guy you go to for info to do a little fact checking.

After you get home from middle school of course".....clearly you need your learning.

my info guy was you! Idiot boy that's why you had to go back and change your post! That's all right we wont tell it will be our little secret. You keep telling everyone that's crazy talk.

Barbecueboy
10-25-2019, 10:02 PM
You're gong to be real disappointed......

Barbecueboy
10-26-2019, 08:09 AM
Instead of always being real disappointing......

hjr2
10-30-2019, 03:46 PM
There was an article when Bobby was running LOLM talking about how the Rocket didn't turn. He obviously figured it out, but it took time. Some guys can drive anything and some can drive what they know.