PDA

View Full Version : Radio question

Rev
10-26-2019, 04:57 PM
I got a couple of Radio scanners that I used to be able to pick up the track frequency that allowed me to listen in on very basic driver instruct. I have a Radio Shack Pro-89 and just purchased a Uniden Sportcat 200. All year I’ve had challenge picking up anything, so I snagged that used Sportcat. Is there a frequency that certain tracks use and why does the radio seem to pick it up and then sometimes, no luck. I haven’t tried the Sportcat, ran out of races... what’s the secret to these radios? Thanks for any advice.

Rocky
10-26-2019, 05:08 PM
On the raciever its channel 454 unless they tell you something else. I haven’t had that happen, but some tracks might. They run 454 in North Carolina, Maryland, Michigan. Probably everywhere else too.

mcarter815
10-26-2019, 09:54 PM
454 is default for Raceceiver. The only track I have ran at that doesn't run default is Beaver Dam in WI. You can also pick up the track communications a lot of the time on an FM radio channel. That's how a lot of teams keep up with what is going on on the track while in the pits.