PDA

View Full Version : Ferggy dnf again?

President Clinton
10-27-2019, 05:48 AM
Would one of you that know him please explain how important maintenance is to a race program, He is fast everywhere and puts on a show but falls out more than anyone. It happens enough that it can’t be just “luck”. The guy really might not know how to go over a car(nut/bolt/checklist) If he could get that fixed he would be a legitimate threat anywhere . Battery wire breaks(falls off) at 311 running 3rd SMDH

0cents
10-29-2019, 11:52 AM
I agree, he can wheel a car and seems to be a super nice guy. I think if he would spend as much time going over the car as he does on social media he might be able to eliminate some of those issues.

grt74
10-29-2019, 06:38 PM
everyone laughs at me when i charge to wire a car, "thats just way too high" i crimp and solider every wire, grounds included, I've never had an issue with wiring,
when I'm at the races all i want to worry about is my setup, maintenance and prep is well worth the work

hucktyson
10-30-2019, 06:06 AM
I also crimp and solder every single wire , but what do you think about the theory that solder is bad because the vibration just breaks the wire ? I’ve never had an issue so I keep doing it but I have heard several people put that theory “ out there “

MasterSbilt_Racer
10-30-2019, 06:11 AM
Deflection kills wire. Support it properly and it's good. Solder or no just changes the time to failure.

NY DIRT
10-30-2019, 12:09 PM
Fergy needs to go on the 6 P program...

Proper preparation prevents P1$$ poor performance....

Jking24
10-30-2019, 12:57 PM
Fergy needs to go on the 6 P program...Proper preparation prevents P1$$ poor performance....i like that