PDA

View Full Version : So what will Randy Sweet's passing mean to Sweet Mfg. and Sweet-Bloomquist?

Krooser
11-08-2019, 08:15 PM
Just looking for opinions not not wild guess's or unfounded rumors.

BTExpress
11-09-2019, 05:52 AM
I would assume that there are plans in place for Sweet Manufacturing to continue..... it was not a one man band as far as I know. Maybe Scott and Cody purchase whatever equipment they need to continue to build Bloomquist chassis from Sweet and move it back to Tennessee.....just like they did before....It is a fair question to ask though.

dirtcrazy4u
11-09-2019, 05:52 AM
Well sweet Bloomquist will be gone more than likely or did randy have something in his will. I have no clue how his business is structured and I'm sure the rumors will start on that one.

TeNfOMaFiA69
11-09-2019, 08:19 AM
Well sweet Bloomquist will be gone more than likely or did randy have something in his will. I have no clue how his business is structured and I'm sure the rumors will start on that one.

I’m fairly certain that Sweet Manufacturing was already set up to continue without a hitch... not sure about his involvement with Bloomquist

mskdorf
11-09-2019, 09:09 AM
I’m sure this will have nothing to do with Bloomquist moving forward. I just hate that the racing world lost a true inovative genius. He will be missed.

kidrock
11-09-2019, 09:41 AM
I thought it was mention not long ago Bloomer had a chassis that was not manufactured by Sweet/bloomquist but, was just Bloomquist. Does anyone remember that and was that true or not?

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-09-2019, 09:53 AM
I thought it was mention not long ago Bloomer had a chassis that was not manufactured by Sweet/bloomquist but, was just Bloomquist. Does anyone remember that and was that true or not?

Correct. He employed people to build frames. That was Team Zero days.

No_Weak_Links
11-09-2019, 10:22 AM
Bloomquist guys used to build the cars in Tennessee, I assume he just sent jigs and everything to Sweet's shop when they partnered because it became too much. I imagine Scott still owns jigs and everything.

ZERO25
11-09-2019, 10:58 AM
There was a thread about Sweets name being removed from the Bloomquist chassis!

It makes me wonder if they knew this was coming sooner than later, and did it to change full ownership to Bloomer!

dirtcrazy4u
11-09-2019, 11:57 AM
In my opinion randy sweet was the innovator behind the sweet/Bloomquist chassis and Scott was the driver. Not saying Scott didn't have input. I just think they had really good communication and each understood the direction they each wanted to achieve. Again, what a shame, only 72.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-09-2019, 01:23 PM
In my opinion randy sweet was the innovator behind the sweet/Bloomquist chassis and Scott was the driver. Not saying Scott didn't have input. I just think they had really good communication and each understood the direction they each wanted to achieve. Again, what a shame, only 72.
72 isn't that much below average expectancy. I'm curious to see what happens with the business.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-09-2019, 01:45 PM
Bloomquist guys used to build the cars in Tennessee, I assume he just sent jigs and everything to Sweet's shop when they partnered because it became too much. I imagine Scott still owns jigs and everything.

They were different cars. So, I was told.

Krooser
11-12-2019, 05:13 PM
72 isn't that much below average expectancy. I'm curious to see what happens with the business.

Hey easy on those predictions...I'm only one year away!

Rocky
11-12-2019, 06:40 PM
I don’t know what it means to that but I know that the racing world lost a giant. Every single racing group I am a member of dirt and asphalt is flooded with pictures of his cars.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-12-2019, 08:25 PM
Not only did he have nice cars, they were fast.

fastford
11-12-2019, 09:03 PM
no doubt huck , we had one of the best auto electric guys around that got with a young meth head ho and she got him on it at 68 and he died , that crap must be pretty powerful ....

ZERO25
11-12-2019, 10:20 PM
I don't know all the details, but at Eastbay during Speedweeks, he passed out trying to drive outa the pits. His head slumped over onto the horn for about 10 seconds, and then Bloomer came running down and got into the drivers seat and drove off!

dirty bert
11-13-2019, 04:36 AM
no doubt huck , we had one of the best auto electric guys around that got with a young meth head ho and she got him on it at 68 and he died , that crap must be pretty powerful ....It's powerful alright,I knew a guy straight as they come, he had a great job, active in his church, good family then a so called friend got him to try it now hes got nothing last I heard he was homeless down around Atlanta.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-13-2019, 07:01 AM
I was trying to be nice about it Huck, but SS longevity tables have him gone at 73.8, I believe. When my own calculated longevity is about 64, my father didn't see 50, I'm not too sorrowful of a "short" 72 years on drugs.

Krooser
11-13-2019, 07:53 AM
Your genes play a big part in your lifespan. My doctor tells me genetics is the only thing keeping me above ground. When I look at my current state of decomposition (obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, five herniated discs, spinal stenosis, arthritis, one bad knee,one bad shoulder ( two joint replacements already done), fluid on the brain and a couple more items my doc tells me he doesn't understand how I get out of bed every morning. But I still drive truck four days per week... Maybe those first four million miles are to blame? Partially...but it's mostly due to life choices.

During the 70's amphetamines were legal and widely used by truckers. I had my share of them the first five years I drove. But one does of street drugs nearly killed me in 1978 and I never touched another pill. But we were running 1,000 miles in 24 hours on our west coast runs and you'd never make those strawberry and veggie delivery deadlines without your codriver Bennie.

Barbecueboy
11-13-2019, 08:01 AM
Bennie and the jets.....I've heard stories from some of my friends that drove.....crazy stories.....like no sleep for 2 or 3 days driving stories......scary as hell.

Krooser
11-14-2019, 07:36 PM
I could run Green Bay to LA in 44 hours solo, take a four hour nap, reload in the central Valley or Indio/Nogales and be back home in two days.

Thinking about those times I must have looked like the majority of meth heads on Live PD.

TS FAN
11-15-2019, 09:53 AM
Hey easy on those predictions...I'm only one year away!

I am almost two years over. I need to check and see if I am still here/smile

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-15-2019, 07:05 PM
I am almost two years over. I need to check and see if I am still here/smile

Hope you didn't take SS at 62.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-16-2019, 07:35 AM
Hope you didn't take SS at 62.With the way some people’s health changes in the blink of an eye, I wouldn’t blame anyone if they did. My Dad didn’t, was getting the max possible you could, only collected for 4-5 years. My Mom had to wait to get his and they cut it substantially, and she took it at 61 1/2 62 whatever it was. Because after watching my Dad pay into enough to get the max and then do that, better get what ya can. Because one day they may tell you you got some crazy cancer and poof.

But you are correct, I think she’s getting about a $1k less a month. But she’s 13 years younger, and after our experience, I don’t blame her. God willing, dunno what I’ll do. I think full SS for me is either 67 or 70 lol.

fastford
11-16-2019, 08:56 AM
68 for me and i am 56 now , but i have never really counted on it , i figure there probably want be any left by then , and cnb , same thing happened to my dad.....

rdcllk
11-16-2019, 10:12 AM
SS is to go with your retirement. Not to live on by its self.
There's way to draw more at 62.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-16-2019, 11:07 AM
SS is to go with your retirement. Not to live on by its self.
There's way to draw more at 62.No sh!t. That’s why some of us have retirements, and pensions. Point is, I was just saying if your loved one dies, and you draw theirs for various reasons at 62, you lose a lot. If you know some secret to drawing more, fill us in.

rdcllk
11-16-2019, 11:09 AM
No (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). Ask your doctor or pharmacist

chupp n bloomer fan
11-16-2019, 11:12 AM
68 for me and i am 56 now , but i have never really counted on it , i figure there probably want be any left by then , and cnb , same thing happened to my dad.....I’m 38, and your thoughts are exactly mine. And sad to hear man. It sucks, and I personally feel the government bones you on SS. Your loved one should get what you paid in. But is what it is. Why I have a pension, 401k, and hopefully hit the dam lottery.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-16-2019, 11:17 AM
No (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). Ask your doctor or pharmacistLook here you c^cksucker. My Dad was a Marine, ate right, worked out, worked 38 years at a good job with a great retirement plus a 401k he put the max in. Invested very well, was set for life. Retired in 08’, pro lymphocytic leukemia in 2011, dead in February of 13’.

No fukin dr can do a god (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) thing about it. And no know it all fuk on the internet has the answers.

ZERO25
11-16-2019, 11:31 AM
With the way some people’s health changes in the blink of an eye, I wouldn’t blame anyone if they did. My Dad didn’t, was getting the max possible you could, only collected for 4-5 years. My Mom had to wait to get his and they cut it substantially, and she took it at 61 1/2 62 whatever it was. Because after watching my Dad pay into enough to get the max and then do that, better get what ya can. Because one day they may tell you you got some crazy cancer and poof.

But you are correct, I think she’s getting about a $1k less a month. But she’s 13 years younger, and after our experience, I don’t blame her. God willing, dunno what I’ll do. I think full SS for me is either 67 or 70 lol.

But, when your mom gets of age to draw SS, she will get the biggest of the two. I would assume your dads would be the larger one!

rdcllk
11-16-2019, 11:40 AM
CnB. Not being a smartazz Chill out. Depends on what medicine was given and what for

t3r3e3
11-16-2019, 01:20 PM
I could run Green Bay to LA in 44 hours solo, take a four hour nap, reload in the central Valley or Indio/Nogales and be back home in two days.

Thinking about those times I must have looked like the majority of meth heads on Live PD.

https://youtu.be/n5p8mEVoexY

Krooser
11-16-2019, 01:48 PM
The diff between me taking SS at 62 and 65 was about $200/month. Didn't pay for me to wait. I've been collecting for 8+ years but I've worked all but a year and half since then.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-16-2019, 02:41 PM
On a personal and moral front I totally agree, not someone to look up to.

On a smart with racing and business front, man he’s up there.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-16-2019, 02:44 PM
CnB. Not being a smartazz Chill out. Depends on what medicine was given and what forI’ll pass on the chilling out when someone tries to play Dr and still is.

Krooser
11-16-2019, 05:21 PM
https://www.redmondfuneralhomes.net/obituary/randalll-sweet

gator 49
11-16-2019, 08:00 PM
You can draw ss at 62 and can still make 17,000 without a penalty. Don't go over, are they will hit you hard. I was lucky, I worked in a construction union for 35yrs. and draw a good chunk of change. Don't wait for full ss cause you might not make it that long.

Krooser
11-16-2019, 09:27 PM
I got hit with a penalty one year before I hit 65... only cost me about $500 iirc and I made about $28k. But I did claim road expenses so my taxable wasnt that high.