highgroove
11-14-2019, 05:37 AM
From Bob Pierce race cars...Still putting them out i guess

Barbecueboy
11-14-2019, 06:40 AM
That's a pretty good price for that.

fastford
11-14-2019, 08:35 AM
may as well call it a rocket by pierce now......

hardracer32
11-14-2019, 09:28 AM
I'd buy that before I would an XR1. Bobby out ran plenty of Rockets in his Pierce Platinum cars before he made the switch. The high cost of the major chassis builders products has gotten way out of hand if you ask me. They've increased by almost 3 times what they used to in just the span of a few years. And all for what? To use special "automotive" tubing? Or is it the engineering that's really driving that cost? Either way it sucks. At least you can still go to Masterbilt, or Pierce and get a good competitive car without being bent over a barrel. If I could get back into racing I'd go with one of those guys just to spite Longhorn and Rocket.

Josh Bayko
11-14-2019, 10:09 AM
I'd buy that before I would an XR1. Bobby out ran plenty of Rockets in his Pierce Platinum cars before he made the switch. The high cost of the major chassis builders products has gotten way out of hand if you ask me. They've increased by almost 3 times what they used to in just the span of a few years. And all for what? To use special "automotive" tubing? Or is it the engineering that's really driving that cost? Either way it sucks. At least you can still go to Masterbilt, or Pierce and get a good competitive car without being bent over a barrel. If I could get back into racing I'd go with one of those guys just to spite Longhorn and Rocket.

Your username determines that you'd buy a Pierce even if it was the most expensive car of all.

Rocky
11-14-2019, 10:51 AM
So if I walked into a garage, and the guy's tool box didn't say Snap On, MAC, or MATCO or Kennedy I guess. Maybe it says Icon, from Harbor Freight......And he's got a whole shop full of Chinese tools. I am gonna assume that he's a hack and he's half ass. Are you gonna approach a knowledgeable sponsor with a brand x car? Because true or not that's what they're gonna think.

At least if you want to run with the big guys. Locally there's a place for lower cost stuff. What I do (badly) in limited or whatever is a different planet.

hardracer32
11-14-2019, 11:04 AM
Your username determines that you'd buy a Pierce even if it was the most expensive car of all.

My username indicates the car number I raced with for 15 years, that has absolutely nothing to with Bob or Bobby other than the number itself. Didn't even know who Bob Pierce was the first time I ran that number.

My statement was nothing but facts, I'm no fanboy.

Besides, take the top 10 chassis builders that you can think of off the top of your head and any one of them can win a race on a given night. I would take a Pierce, Warrior, Kryptonite, Club29, or Mastersbilt and go race with complete confidence that I had equipment that could be competive. If a couple of national touring guys switched to one of those brands then you would start seeing numbers drift back toward that chassis. The reason that Rocket and Longhorn have blown up like they have is that once a couple of national guys started running well with them, then everybody and their brother thought they had to switch to be competitive and in some cases that was true. A few manufacturers didn't keep up with the technology and innovation. But at this point, most of the other chassis builders have stepped up their game and you could buy just about anything and go out there and be competitive if you can drive worth a crap.

Jking24
11-14-2019, 11:49 AM
Id be interested to know what parts are being bolted on that chassis. Alot of the cost now days is the fact that most of the top brands won't sell you a part they wouldn't run on their own stuff. Teflon himes, bearing uppers and so on..

Barbecueboy
11-14-2019, 01:30 PM
Longhorn even being in the same conversation with rocket still cracks me up?
Longhorn been building stuff since when? Rocket been winning since when?

They both have a bunch to be proud of.

hardracer32
11-14-2019, 01:44 PM
Longhorn even being in the same conversation with rocket still cracks me up?
Longhorn been building stuff since when? Rocket been winning since when?

They both have a bunch to be proud of.

Rocket definitely has more history in the sport and is clearly ahead by shear numbers, but it would be hard to argue against the fact that Longhorn/Kevin Rumley are almost completely responsible for the chassis revolution that's happened over the lst few years. Lonhorn was just another chassis builder until Kevin stepped in and revamped their whole design. Then the next thing you know Rocket has done the same thing, thus the XR1(I heard K.R. had something to do with that as well).

So, I see where you are coming from on them being in the same league as Rocket, but if you look at the crown jewels and national tour races, as well as regional and local racing, they've clearly shown that they deserve to be listed right up there at the top.

JM15
11-14-2019, 01:44 PM
Longhorn even being in the same conversation with rocket still cracks me up? Longhorn been building stuff since when? Rocket been winning since when?They both have a bunch to be proud of.Didn't I hear that Rocket payed Rumley to do some work for them after he got the Longhorn stuff going? I really don't think Rocket is any better than the other top chassis brands. Just been doing it longer and they have a lot of info available.

Josh Bayko
11-14-2019, 02:15 PM
Didn't I hear that Rocket payed Rumley to do some work for them after he got the Longhorn stuff going? I really don't think Rocket is any better than the other top chassis brands. Just been doing it longer and they have a lot of info available.

Before Rumley was paid to redesign the Longhorn, they ran Rockets. There was a relationship there before Longhorn even existed.

rdcllk
11-14-2019, 02:27 PM
Didn't Pierce have a deal going on like this about the same time last year? Maybe be wrong but think they did

Rocky
11-14-2019, 02:58 PM
On the other hand, if you’re that guy from Facebook that was asking about an ‘06 GRT, or that guy asking about an ‘01 Rayburn... why in the hell would you do that when you can do this?

BTExpress
11-14-2019, 03:03 PM
The million dollar question......is Pierce Race Cars still a Rocket dealer or has that relationship been severed with Bob back building Pierce Platinum's ????

bleedblue55
11-14-2019, 03:10 PM
Before Rumley was paid to redesign the Longhorn, they ran Rockets. There was a relationship there before Longhorn even existed.

That statement is deemed to be 100% true.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-14-2019, 03:48 PM
The million dollar question......is Pierce Race Cars still a Rocket dealer or has that relationship been severed with Bob back building Pierce Platinum's ????

Pierce sold both at the beginning of the deal.

Josh Bayko
11-14-2019, 04:03 PM
Pierce sold both at the beginning of the deal.

I don’t believe they’ve sold a single Rocket.

BTExpress
11-14-2019, 04:17 PM
"I don’t believe they’ve sold a single Rocket."

If that is true, then it makes sense for them to start building their own chassis again. I am pretty sure Bob has continued to build modifieds under the Platinum brand name.

Dlmfan123
11-14-2019, 04:43 PM
I’m pretty sure they never stopped selling pierce late models either

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-14-2019, 04:59 PM
In the original press release, it said you could buy either from Bob.

ImCryn2
11-14-2019, 05:07 PM
How does one find out how many cars each dealer sells? Must be information that's only available to the 4m elite.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-14-2019, 05:51 PM
How does one find out how many cars each dealer sells? Must be information that's only available to the 4m elite.

If you know them, they'd probably tell you.

Barbecueboy
11-14-2019, 10:36 PM

Kinda my whole point........longhorn really has no business even being mentioned in the same breath as rocket.....but they are.....Labonte fan or not it's cool.

I was under the Impression that the " complete redesign" was more tweaking and tuning than it was starting over.......friend of mine told me the early cars were too rigid , no flex.....Kevin fixed that.

WisWildManFan
11-15-2019, 08:15 AM
Is that a used car for $13k

BTExpress
11-15-2019, 08:29 AM
Not that anyone of us would really know the true sales figures, but it would be interesting to see how many chassis Rocket and Longhorn turn out on a yearly basis compared to a Black Diamond, Barry Wright or even a relative new comer like a Kryptonite or other regional chassis manufacturers?

Josh Bayko
11-15-2019, 08:30 AM
Kinda my whole point........longhorn really has no business even being mentioned in the same breath as rocket.....but they are.....Labonte fan or not it's cool.

I was under the Impression that the " complete redesign" was more tweaking and tuning than it was starting over.......friend of mine told me the early cars were too rigid , no flex.....Kevin fixed that.

My understanding on the early Longhorns is that they were too adjustable, and Kevin got rid of a lot of that and loosened and stiffened the cars in other places.

ImCryn2
11-15-2019, 08:31 AM
If you know them, they'd probably tell you.

Yea, my comment was in reply to Josh's when he said Pierce has not sold any rocket cars.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that every Rocket car Bobby has ever drove was purchased through Bob, on paper anyway. So, there have been at least a few sold by Bob.

Josh Bayko
11-15-2019, 08:37 AM
Yea, my comment was in reply to Josh's when he said Pierce has not sold any rocket cars.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that every Rocket car Bobby has ever drove was purchased through Bob, on paper anyway. So, there have been at least a few sold by Bob.

Here's the deal. If Bob is a true Rocket dealer, then why did Bobby not have any more Rockets when the two he had got bent?

Rocky
11-15-2019, 09:06 AM
Do you guys need me to call my buddy that’s a modified crew chief in Illinois?

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-15-2019, 09:14 AM
My understanding on the early Longhorns is that they were too adjustable, and Kevin got rid of a lot of that and loosened and stiffened the cars in other places.

When Kevin changed them into modular construction, I thought he pretty much changed everything? The original cars shared geometry with a Mastersbilt, iirc. The current car is a different animal entirely.

hardracer32
11-15-2019, 09:22 AM
When Kevin changed them into modular construction, I thought he pretty much changed everything? The original cars shared geometry with a Mastersbilt, iirc. The current car is a different animal entirely.

Agree with you on Kevin's innovation. Once he made it so that you could bolt on updates, it was like everybody had this "aha" moment. Now they all do it. I think his involvement with Longhorn and designing that car was a pivotal moment in the way people think about building, and setting up Late Models.

Jking24
11-15-2019, 10:19 AM
They may have some things carried over from the old to the new but i have seen a pre rumley and a post rumley longhorn parked side by side and they are two very different animals not just a tweak here and a tweak their

fastford
11-15-2019, 10:33 AM
this is the norm among chassis builders today , you take your chassis off the jig and put a different one on , whether its out preforming yours or not , and study the differences , if you find something on theirs that appears to be better than yours , then you change yours ,but most builders do not copy some ones design exactly , just make theirs better by incorporating some things from the other guys , been going on from the beginning , i know of a small builder that has long horn geometry on the front and rocket xr1 on the back and they are winning races , reckon how he achieved this this ? exactly how i stated above , but he didn't completely copy either , he took his design and added what he thought was best from both and improved his product tremendously......

chupp n bloomer fan
11-15-2019, 12:05 PM
I like the posts guys. All pretty good. And also why I don’t get the hate for Rocket. Kevin Rumley is the one who sent us down this major engineering rabbit hole. Therefore making the costs climb on Longhorns and Rockets. Which I’m pretty sure he had a hand in. Because yes, he used to use Rockets before he went and redid Longhorns boat anchors.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-15-2019, 12:12 PM
And I’m totally not blaming Kevin, Rocket, whatever. Kevin has a job to do, and he’s freakin smart as can be, so here we are. And if he helped Rocket, Mark and him had a job to do. It’s the sanctioning bodies that are at fault for not getting these guys in check. And now, man I dunno. Does need reeled in.

Rocky
11-15-2019, 12:44 PM
I don’t understand why it needs to be stopped. If you don’t like it, get out. Run limited or crate or street stock or something.

Highside Hustler25
11-15-2019, 12:49 PM
I totally agree with Rocky.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-15-2019, 01:07 PM
If you are ok with 20 cars left in the country, I guess it's ok Rocky.

jog49
11-15-2019, 01:57 PM
If the Rocket XR1 is the greatest thing since sliced bread, how in the world did the Lucas Oil champion accomplish his feat in an inferior chassis; not once but twice? Will miracles never cease?

Rocky
11-15-2019, 02:15 PM
20 cars left in the country? We’re kinda already there.

Rocky
11-15-2019, 08:01 PM
Someone said every car built now is just as good so you may as well buy one of these instead of a rocket..... seems like a great deal .....

It is a great deal for some jabroni that’s out there in a 20 year old heap. Buy this, you’ll still be uncompetitive just not dangerously slow anymore.

Rocky
11-15-2019, 08:06 PM
He should not you should that should say.

fastford
11-16-2019, 09:09 AM
Someone said every car built now is just as good so you may as well buy one of these instead of a rocket..... seems like a great deal .....

if you know what to do with it , it is , just like jogs example.....

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-16-2019, 11:37 AM
Most of the cars out there are built with adequate geometry to win big races. Some will require more know how on your part than others. Fact is, buying a new xr1 with an integra shock package and that somewhat vanilla setup sheet isn't going to make a guy a touring winner unless he can wheel real good either.

Krooser
11-16-2019, 01:51 PM
I've never been called a jabroni before... guess we need a credit score before we go race.

Rocky
11-16-2019, 03:08 PM
I've never been called toa jabroni before... guess we need a credit score before we go race.

I was talking about me.

fastford
11-17-2019, 09:51 AM
Most of the cars out there are built with adequate geometry to win big races. Some will require more know how on your part than others. Fact is, buying a new xr1 with an integra shock package and that somewhat vanilla setup sheet isn't going to make a guy a touring winner unless he can wheel real good either.

dam it huck , and just when i thought you had it all rapped up , masters throws one off them "shift facts" in there.....lol.....

Barbecueboy
11-17-2019, 10:26 AM
^^^^^^^^Look at me......look at me.....look at me.......look at me.....look at me^^^^^^^^^

I wish I could have gotten advice about starting businesses from this guy.....dam, I also wish I knew how that felt to build something from nothing and be successful.....oh well, guess I'll just muddle along and buy my groceries at the dollar tree. ( the rib eyes kick ass btw)

If only I could compare my successes to the rocket empire like Hucky then I might understand.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-17-2019, 10:28 AM
The xr1 has been on most builders jigs by now. I know first-hand you can beat xr1 cars, with a 23 degree engine, with a Gen x Masters with modest changes.

There are plenty of small builders that can provide an adequate car based on the technology pirating.

Incorrect narratives are perpetuated in dirt racing all the time. It's the most monkey-see business I've ever seen. The easiest way to win is to buy an xr1. I agree with that. It's certainly not the only way.

Btw, the pulldown is the most overrated equipment in the history of dlm racing.

Illtsate32
11-17-2019, 11:27 AM
^^^^^^^^Look at me......look at me.....look at me.......look at me.....look at me^^^^^^^^^

I wish I could have gotten advice about starting businesses from this guy.....dam, I also wish I knew how that felt to build something from nothing and be successful.....oh well, guess I'll just muddle along and buy my groceries at the dollar tree. ( the rib eyes kick ass btw)

If only I could compare my successes to the rocket empire like Hucky then I might understand.

I've seen you echo some of the exact same sentiments as Huck on here..smh if Huck didnt like Pierce or wasn't a public supporter of him, you would be riding his jock agreeing with everything he says...in the words of Stroker Ace....^^^^what a putz^^^^

Illtsate32
11-17-2019, 11:38 AM
Huck and Larson had Keith Kuntz, the Mark Richard's of midget racing...

Illtsate32
11-17-2019, 11:49 AM
No doubt I'm not disagreeing in the least...

Barbecueboy
11-17-2019, 12:56 PM
I've seen you echo some of the exact same sentiments as Huck on here..smh if Huck didnt like Pierce or wasn't a public supporter of him, you would be riding his jock agreeing with everything he says...in the words of Stroker Ace....^^^^what a putz^^^^

You've seen me giving condescending advice on what it's like to start successful businesses from nothing? Help me remember all that please.

Oh and btw.....guess you missed all the serge, bathhouse,hole beater,protein pudding empire, qualifying to an invert , out qualifying his nemeses gray by a couple seconds stuff from years ago??? All that long before his Pierce love story we've all been made aware of.

So once again....trying to make yourself feel important and make everyone else look like they hate Pierce you have stomped on yer own pee pee again...........Huck has been sayng outrageous " look at me" things for a while ......his new xr1 girlfriend will be getting the love notes now, the pierce he had and raved about is sloppy seconds for someone else.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-17-2019, 01:00 PM
You've seen me giving condescending advice on what it's like to start successful businesses from nothing? Help me remember all that please.

Oh and btw.....guess you missed all the serge, bathhouse,hole beater,protein pudding empire, qualifying to an invert , out qualifying his nemeses gray by a couple seconds stuff from years ago??? All that long before his Pierce love story we've all been made aware of.

So once again....trying to make yourself feel important and make everyone else look like they hate Pierce you have stomped on yer own pee pee again...........Huck has been sayng outrageous " look at me" things for a while ......his new xr1 girlfriend will be getting the love notes now, the pierce he had and raved about is sloppy seconds for someone else.Lol, well, pretty much spot on what ya said before.

No stake in y’all’s pissin contest, but it’s exactly what you’ve said for a few years.

Barbecueboy
11-17-2019, 01:03 PM
And they wonder why?

fastford
11-17-2019, 07:21 PM
dam it man , BBQ , you sure have a way with words , that post #60 was a doosy , but hey , at least huck is giving it a shot and maybe with his pierce connection , he can get a few helpful notes from bobby.........

Highside Hustler25
11-17-2019, 07:35 PM
.....the pierce he had and raved about is sloppy seconds for someone else.

lol
Isn't that the life of all dirt late model chassis eventually?

Barbecueboy
11-17-2019, 07:41 PM
Smart money is on ......if you're talking about yourself you're serious.....boom.

Barbecueboy
11-17-2019, 07:43 PM
lol
Isn't that the life of all dirt late model chassis eventually?

Some are worse tramps than that.....:)