PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Monthly Magazine...

N2DIRTRACIN
11-15-2019, 04:50 PM
Anybody know whats going on with this publication? I havent recieved October issue yet and i just renewed over the summer.

BTExpress
11-15-2019, 05:11 PM
Was wondering the same thing. Got every issue like clockwork until my September issue came late. Now like you, I have not received my October issue yet?????

dirtcrazy4u
11-15-2019, 06:22 PM
Run run run away. With your money that is.

MRM
11-18-2019, 09:03 AM
I guess some of the higher up found out how much work Travis Cushion did for them and now they're trying to pick up the slack.

thexfactor0210
11-18-2019, 09:27 AM
Have not received my October or November issue yet either. Getting frustrating with it.

BTExpress
11-18-2019, 09:27 AM
"I guess some of the higher up found out how much work Travis Cushion did for them and now they're trying to pick up the slack".

You are probably right, he was such a huge part of getting the magazine published each month and his death probably took a toll on the publishers to find a capable replacement. Wish someone from Three Wide Media would put out some information on the situation.....Most of us race fans are understanding folks.

Trax53
11-18-2019, 09:50 AM
I thought the mailman had been stealing mine, GLAD to know I'm not the only one to not be receiving this magazine.

Wells Racing Photos
11-18-2019, 10:16 AM
I honestly hadn't noticed, I had not thumbed through an issue since the format change...

Highside Hustler25
11-18-2019, 07:33 PM
Shame. This is why I have never subscribed to a dirt racing magazine. I've been hearing the same thing for 30 years.
"Anybody else not get their dirt magazine"
It's like a broken record.
I wish their was a good trustworthy magazine dedicated to Dirt Lates that one could subscribe to. All I've ever heard is deliveries ending prematurely.

Wells Racing Photos
11-20-2019, 09:01 AM
Many times the advertisers "forget to pay their bills" and the company runs out of money for publishing. That has been the case in more than one print magazine.

GraphicAvenger
11-20-2019, 10:22 AM
I know a bit about it - Loosing Travis really hurt the production cycle of the magazine. Word is they're like 8 weeks behind schedule. So we'll get October any day now. Then I heard there's going to be a big double issue for November and December. Hopefully it gets worked out. I love getting mine!!

chupp n bloomer fan
11-21-2019, 05:18 AM
Canceled it about 3 years ago after having it for years. Now only DoD as of now. Didn’t care for it anymore.

thexfactor0210
11-30-2019, 09:33 AM
Still have not recieved my October or November issue. Tried calling a few days ago and got no answer. Anyone get their issues yet?

PRCKartRacer9
11-30-2019, 01:52 PM
Nope not yet

racin8
11-30-2019, 07:45 PM
Sent them a message on facebook and they replied back to me that the October issue is at the printer and should mail out next week and the November and December issues should also mail out at the same time.

JayD
11-30-2019, 08:19 PM
Those guys have been doing this for years. Why would anyone spend their money on that when you something like Dirt on Dirt?

Thedoctor
12-01-2019, 09:34 AM
My subscription ends in November, so I wonder If I’ll get this double issue. Obviously I’m hesitating on renewing with what’s been going on in the last 4 months. Feels like I’ve got one issue all summer.

Mod Runner
12-12-2019, 10:42 PM
What is the latest news on Dirt Monthly. Has anyone received the October issue ?

BTExpress
12-13-2019, 07:13 AM
Received an email yesterday with apologies from the publisher. The sudden death of Travis Cushion set them way back. The October issue has been sent out and they also produced a double year end November/December issue which is also on it's way.....All subscribers will get an extra month added to their subscriptions..... Now that we have an official explanation, I am satisfied.

Spanky44
12-13-2019, 09:40 AM
Received an email yesterday with apologies from the publisher. The sudden death of Travis Cushion set them way back. The October issue has been sent out and they also produced a double year end November/December issue which is also on it's way.....All subscribers will get an extra month added to their subscriptions..... Now that we have an official explanation, I am satisfied.

Me too. Thats all they had to say.

thexfactor0210
12-13-2019, 01:36 PM
I am satisfied now as well. As long as people are kept in the loop I think we can all cut them a little slack now. Thanks to them and looking forward to future issues.

Mod Runner
12-28-2019, 01:52 AM
December is almost over and I have not received my October, November , and December issues of DTM. Should I be concerned ?

UMPLM99s
12-28-2019, 01:59 AM
I also received the email. Thought they said October issue got mailed out as well as this big "double issue" for Nov/ Dec!?! They told me the same bs back in August/ Sept! If you say you're going to do something.....DO IT!!! It really isn't that hard!! I didn't pay to get a magazine to have to read it online via an email!! Very much NOT happy!!

dynotimeonly
12-28-2019, 06:15 AM
Guys, how many times can you write a story on the same 4 guy's? Social media,Facebook, live feeds, have destroyed the "print" industry! And it's working on your Saturday night "ass's in the seat's" count too. Why pay your money and actually GO to the races when you can sit at home in your lazy boy and watch it for free the next day? Think about that for a minute kids...

BTExpress
12-28-2019, 08:49 AM
I guess I am still old school....I like to" feel and touch" racing publications....always have and always will. I feel the same way about a newspaper( I know I can read stuff on line faster) but it is not the same for me.I enjoy sitting in my chair with a cup of coffee and reading.... I have tried to support as many racing publications as I can over the years and don't mind paying for them. Area Auto Racing News, Speedsport, Dirt Monthly and Sprint Car & Midget....plus I subscribe to Dirt on Dirt and Sprint Car Unlimited websites. I still manage to get to 20 or so races a year as well, although I tend to go to special shows vs weekly racing the older I get.

sports19
01-01-2020, 08:54 AM
i am a subscriber too.......... I can understand how loosing Mr. Cushion could have really thrown a wrench in things but this delay has been pretty bad......... If I dont do my job at work I dont get paid. I am sure this company has thousands of subscribers, being several months behind is absurd. It shows that a lot of people there have not been doing their job if one person was so crucial to their business. Hopefully they get it together, I enjoy their magazine.

Mod Runner
01-01-2020, 03:25 PM
I hope the magazine can continue to be published. My subscription expires in April. Right now I don't know if I should renew my subscription or not. Be great if someone from 3Wide Media could come on here an update us of the companies status.

BadlandsBandit12
01-02-2020, 11:22 PM
I don't even like the magazine anymore. hate they combined all of them. I will not be renewing this!

oilman
01-06-2020, 04:49 PM
I got my issue. I like the new formant myself.

thexfactor0210
01-06-2020, 09:55 PM
I got my issue. I like the new formant myself.

Still have not recieved mine...

One Man Gang
01-06-2020, 11:02 PM
How many different monthly magazines on dirt racing are still being printed now ? Late model illustrated I think was the one I received a few years back but let it expire and went the way as most people by just reading online.

Wells Racing Photos
01-07-2020, 05:38 AM
How many different monthly magazines on dirt racing are still being printed now ? Late model illustrated I think was the one I received a few years back but let it expire and went the way as most people by just reading online.

LMI was absorbed by Speedway Illustrated and they have been adding quite a bit of dirt content since then, still not classified as a dirt publication. There is Dirt Monthly and Area Auto Racing News that I know of, maybe more but that are the ones that come to mind.

golddirt
01-07-2020, 05:47 AM
I’m still waiting on mine

lumpster
01-07-2020, 05:26 PM
Received mine in the mail today. October issue only though.

Mod Runner
01-08-2020, 02:55 AM
I got the October and Nov/Dec issues of Dirt Monthly on Monday. You all can not believe how overjoyed and delighted I am now. The quality of the magazine is superb. You can not get the quality of the pictures online like the magazine has within its pages. I like going to the races and enjoy reading race results online , but still prefer to have a hard copy to read without having to log onto a computer. I am ready now to subscribe for two more years for a total of 55 dollars. An extremely good deal.

56GWebbfan
01-08-2020, 12:59 PM
I viewed the two free issues on line and re-subscribed. Has been several years - but always try to support anything related to our hobby. Enjoy having a hard copy as well. And to have an article on my man Gary Webb, how awesome!

BTExpress
01-09-2020, 11:36 AM
I received my October and November/December issues today with a note from the publisher explaining the situation. I am satisfied and looking forward to continuing reading the magazine for hopefully many years to come.

MRM
01-09-2020, 02:13 PM
Received mine in the mail today. October issue only though.

That's weird. They were mailed together.

lumpster
01-09-2020, 05:55 PM
Nov/Dec issue arrived the following day. Maybe the mailman checked out the last issue overnight? LOL.

golddirt
01-09-2020, 07:10 PM
Still waiting

DonBPhotos
01-10-2020, 01:41 PM
Got the latest issue yesterday. Haven’t unwrapped it yet but it looks pretty think, maybe couple hundred pages.Don

sports19
01-10-2020, 01:52 PM
i got the october and nov / dec issues this week packaged together. I am content with the situation, I understand. My subscription is good until June so i will wait to re-subscribe a few months.

Thedoctor
01-10-2020, 08:51 PM
Nothing here yet.

thexfactor0210
01-10-2020, 08:52 PM
Still got nothing in Illinois.

foxfire2dirtracing
01-10-2020, 10:47 PM
Got mine today in Tennessee

TerryM
01-10-2020, 10:49 PM
A couple hundred pages? For one issue?

Mod Runner
01-11-2020, 02:22 AM
The Nov/Dec issue was combined into one big 2010 page issue.

CrankedUp90
01-11-2020, 08:04 AM
Received both mine earlier this week in northern Virginia. I also understand the situation completely and will continue to order it. RIP Travis.. And I like the addition of the mods and sprints, more reading material for the crapper!! lol!!!