PDA

View Full Version : Gobbler at Boyd’s Gives Ahnna Parkhurst First Win of 2019

Ben Shelton
11-19-2019, 08:59 AM
For Immediate Release
November 19, 2019

Gobbler at Boyd’s Gives Ahnna Parkhurst First Win of 2019
Double Duty at Cochran on Tap for Thanksgiving Weekend

EVANS, Ga. (November 19, 2019) – Piloting her LauriesFund.org No. 23 Richard Childress Racing Crate Late Model, Ahnna Parkhurst raced to her first win of the season on Saturday night at Boyd’s Speedway (Ringgold, Ga.).

“This field was stacked; 15 of these drivers have won a feature this season,” exclaimed Parkhurst. “We got in about 15 laps of practice on Friday and the car was fast. We were the only car below 14.4 seconds in qualifying.”

“We survived eight restarts to get this win. The car and crew were awesome,” Parkhurst added. “I’d like to thank all my sponsors and the people that allow me to chase my dream.”

Parkhurst laid down the fastest lap overall in a field of 38 entries, positioning her on the pole for the main event. Leading flag-to-flag, Ahnna survived the caution-plagued feature to capture the $1,200 payday.

Trailing Parkhurst to the finish line was Ethan Hunter, Sam Seawright, Chip Brindle, and Trevor Sise.

In the Super Late Model ranks, Parkhurst timed in 15th fastest overall in qualifying before scoring a second-place in her heat race behind Jordan Rodabaugh. Earning the 11th-starting position for the $3,500-to-win A-Main, Ahnna faded early in the race before battling back to finish 11th.

For full results from these events, please visit www.BoydsSpeedway.net.

The team will be idle this weekend before traveling to Cochran Motor Speedway – November 29-30 – to compete in the Gobbler 100. Ahnna will be competing in both the Super Late Model and Crate Model divisions. Friday’s program will include a $5,000-to-win event for Super Late Models and a $2,000-to-win event for Crate Late Models. The weekend concludes on Saturday with Super Late Models competing for a $15,000 top prize and Crate Late Models chasing another $2,000 prize.

For more information on the events, please visit www.CochranSpeedway.com.

The brand new Ahnna Parkhurst 2019 apparel is now on sale. Head over to www.AhnnaParkhurst.com/gear.html to place your order today.

Ahnna Parkhurst would like to thank her marketing partners, which include Andy’s Frozen Custard, John Morley & Morley Company, F&W Transportation, Kevin Harvick Inc., Morton Builders, Klotz Lubricants, Schoenfeld Headers, Malvern Bank, Hoosier Racing Tire South, LauriesFund.org, Richard Childress Racing, Sparco, GW Performance, Arai Helmets, Allstar Performance, Shane McDowell Racing, Cushman Paint & Body, Will Kinzer Foundation for Autism, Racing Optics, FK Rod Ends, Max Papis Innovations, Fields Inc. and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Ahnna Parkhurst, please visit www.AhnnaParkhurst.com as well as her social media channels at www.Facebook.com/AhnnaParkhurstRacing and www.Twitter.com/AhnnaParkhurst .