PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the PRI show?

Krooser
11-20-2019, 08:20 PM
I have credentials and hotels. Might not go anyway since my buddy can't due to his wife's illness. I ain't been getting around too well, either!

So who's going?

zyoung25
11-20-2019, 09:05 PM
I'll be there Thursday. We cover everything in one day and get out of town. The crowd on Friday and Saturday are too much to handle.

ZERO25
11-20-2019, 10:01 PM
Im going...….as soon as they move it back to Orlando! :)

racincowboy02
11-21-2019, 04:53 AM
What are some of the things that they do at PRI I have never been and was just curious are there a lot of race cars on display

Jim11h
11-21-2019, 07:45 AM
I'll say it's neat but if just a fan then it's not all that. Lotta beautiful new items some cool cars and trailers but basically it's a product showcase. Products trailer their items in set up their booth and allow you to look and discuss product with them. You can get some pri product special prices but that's it. Your not gonna see a rocket race ready cut completely in half to look at everything or something cool like that but if your into window shopping and seeing all the neat items in motorsports then you'll enjoy a day there.

zyoung25
11-21-2019, 08:46 AM
What are some of the things that they do at PRI I have never been and was just curious are there a lot of race cars on display

Its basically a huge dealers show. It's not really what a lot of people think. There really isn't as many cars there as what you think. A lot people want to compare it to SEMA, it's nothing like that at all.

fastford
11-21-2019, 08:51 AM
dont be instigating huck....lol.....

fastford
11-21-2019, 08:53 AM
I have credentials and hotels. Might not go anyway since my buddy can't due to his wife's illness. I ain't been getting around too well, either!

So who's going?

I was actually planning on going this year , but with my mothers accident and her staying with me now , i cant go , may be next year....

zyoung25
11-21-2019, 09:27 AM
dont be instigating huck....lol.....

Maybe he can find Dewayne Keith and tell him how bad his announcing is to his face.

I like the guy. Seems like a cool cat to me.

Kromulous
11-21-2019, 10:30 AM
I'll be there, on Friday !

For a Racer nerd like me, its like paradise !

flagone
11-21-2019, 01:04 PM
All 3 days. Floating the floor and also at my SCDRA booth #7124

SLIPPING SIDEWAYS
11-21-2019, 01:21 PM
Why go see the flash and flare of stuff that's raising the cost of racing and killing the sport...

Trax53
11-21-2019, 01:45 PM
I'll be there all 3 days....

Krooser
11-21-2019, 01:45 PM
Good seminars each day.

ZERO25
11-21-2019, 03:14 PM
I’ll be there Friday and Saturday if any of the key board cowboys want to find me to run their mouths in a forum where I can respond without being banned again ....

Brian Gray is reportedly giving driving and setup instructions! Maybe you should get in line early!

chupp n bloomer fan
11-21-2019, 07:50 PM
Don’t forget his trick shocks he developed with Ronnie Crooks.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-21-2019, 07:51 PM
Don’t you have to be with a company to go?

HoosierDirtFan
11-21-2019, 08:02 PM
CnB

You can go as a race team. Just fill out the form. Been a few times. It's a racers paradise.

Krooser
11-22-2019, 06:47 AM
Why go see the flash and flare of stuff that's raising the cost of racing and killing the sport...

I've been to several... Orlando, Louisville and Indy.

When I was promoting it was about shaking hands and networking with people in the biz. My first trip back in the 80's got me a crap load of promotional signs, banners and give always for my track. Plus I got some cash to give to my driver's on Friday nights.

Now I go to spectate. I need to bring a piston sample to give to the outfit who is making a new set for me.

I like to see what's new engine tech just to keep up. I like to talk to the guy who grinds cams... and the ones that make the springs... and the man who welds up the chassis.

I even take a peek at the drag racing stuff. You think dirt cars are pricey? There's 10G's in the dashboard of the average door slammer. Plus a $50k engine and a $15,000 transmission.

I even ran into the "stars" from the 405 and exchanged Barb's with them. I asked Murder Nova's crew guy to take a pic of me with the guys and he took a selfie of him by mistake...and he tunes the car but can't run a camera!

Anyway it's a fun day or two. Cheaper than buying a ticket to a Lucas race and you might even run into one of your racing heros...or your neighbor.