PDA

View Full Version : Ross bailes out at Barry wright

south carolina dirt
11-21-2019, 08:58 PM
Hearing Ross Bailes is being replace in the barry wright house cars. Heard a name that is replacing him but i find it hard to believe . So i wont repeat it so i will just say club 29

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-21-2019, 09:29 PM
Hearing Ross Bailes is being replace in the barry wright house cars. Heard a name that is replacing him but i find it hard to believe . So i wont repeat it so i will just say club 29

If true wonder if a tour schedule or like they ran w bailes

Barbecueboy
11-21-2019, 10:06 PM
Earl drives a black diamond.......oops.:)

fryefan
11-21-2019, 10:21 PM
Ross has done better in that car than most, if not all, of the drivers they have had lately. Thus, I would consider that a mistake IF they are getting rid of him.

Barbecueboy
11-21-2019, 11:07 PM
Ross has done better in that car than most, if not all, of the drivers they have had lately. Thus, I would consider that a mistake IF they are getting rid of him.

He hauls a ss in it.....in total agreement with you......be interesting to hear if there is a backstory.

SLIPPING SIDEWAYS
11-22-2019, 12:30 AM
Ross has done better in that car than most, if not all, of the drivers they have had lately. Thus, I would consider that a mistake IF they are getting rid of him.Better than Madden's 12 wins last year. The Firecracker. Preliminary win at Eldora. Dream top 5 and third place WoO points finish that came down to the World Finals I believe to decide?

racincowboy02
11-22-2019, 12:35 AM
I don't believe so Slippin but the Madden haters won't admit it. Yes he ran very well in the car this year and I was very happy to see him get a chance in top notch equipment and do well

Dlmfan123
11-22-2019, 02:54 AM
You do realize ross bailes family was still supplying motors and the hauler..

dirtcrazy4u
11-22-2019, 05:28 AM
Dlm, if that is the case then there in trouble. Be like another guy that was behind the wheel and they couldn't keep him on track. You want to compete with team rocket, you need to step up and get someone in position BW. O wait that's not going to ever happen. They'll be sitting idle again by June, if they make it that far.

racincowboy02
11-22-2019, 05:34 AM
I don't think they will tour this year anyways due to the health scare Barry had last year I could be wrong but I wouldn't think they would take on a national touring scene with him coming off that scare

bullittwrench
11-22-2019, 05:37 AM
Earl = Lucas Oil Money

Barbecueboy
11-22-2019, 07:38 AM
Earl = Lucas Oil Money

I was doing my best huck impression and trying to say something outrageous.........it ain't Earl.

Barbecueboy
11-22-2019, 07:44 AM
I somehow forgot that stint Chris had in the car.......He hauled a SS in it too , when almost everyone said he wouldn't.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-22-2019, 07:49 AM
I somehow forgot that stint Chris had in the car.......He hauled a SS in it too , when almost everyone said he wouldn't.

People underestimate the importance of all hands pulling in the same direction. When one group can't do that, people think a car is junk.

Barbecueboy
11-22-2019, 08:17 AM
People underestimate the importance of all hands pulling in the same direction. When one group can't do that, people think a car is junk.

That's kinda how it goes with anything team or group related.......good post.

johnE
11-22-2019, 08:45 AM
Who is in the Wright car this weekend?

And does Bailes still have his own car? He’s become a favorite to win any slm race at Cherokee. Maybe GR puts him in his car...

Dlmfan123
11-22-2019, 10:45 AM
Gr drives the 89 car now

crate21x
11-22-2019, 02:24 PM
Truck, trailer, and engines supplied by Viper Management now.

BTExpress
11-22-2019, 02:27 PM
"Truck, trailer, and engines supplied by Viper Management now"

I thought VRM aligned with Bobby Pierce earlier this season to supply his engines?

Kromulous
11-22-2019, 02:42 PM
Lannigan to drive for Barry Wright, the new Dynamic Duo !

Closing down Club 29, but will support going FWD.

Viper and BWRC are going to continue to support Bailes, Family business and other commitments keeps him from committing to a National Tour.

Article over on DoD covering it.

crate21x
11-22-2019, 02:58 PM
The answer is on Dirt on Dirt! Darrell Lanigan to Barry Wright house car!!

Dlmfan123
11-22-2019, 03:08 PM
There still gonna help Ross out. Says he can’t take enough time off work to race nationally

dirt33
11-22-2019, 03:10 PM
Given that he is going to discontinue Club 29, I wonder what Lanigan will do after his year or so stint with BWRC? Could his career be winding down?

Rocky
11-22-2019, 03:15 PM
Have any of you guys talked to Barry? Are they even going to have a house car this season? After that scare he had, I mean the doctor might have said NO.

JabberJaws83
11-22-2019, 03:24 PM
Given that he is going to discontinue Club 29, I wonder what Lanigan will do after his year or so stint with BWRC? Could his career be winding down?

He doesn’t need the chassis business for income

JabberJaws83
11-22-2019, 03:25 PM
Have any of you guys talked to Barry? Are they even going to have a house car this season? After that scare he had, I mean the doctor might have said NO.

Dirtondirt did lol

Rocky
11-22-2019, 03:39 PM
Didn’t see that. Don’t have DoD

Trax53
11-22-2019, 06:59 PM
I'm shocked by this news, I wish them alot of luck

Madcat
11-22-2019, 08:51 PM
Bailes FB post doesn’t make me think he’s real happy about all of this. Think Ross May have gotten tossed to the side for Lanigan from the way the post reads.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-22-2019, 09:01 PM
Bailes money wasnt as green as lanigans

Money talks and makes things happen

Josh Bayko
11-22-2019, 09:04 PM
Bailes money wasnt as green as lanigans

Money talks and makes things happen

There are very few people in late model racing with money as green as Lanigan.

Dlmfan123
11-22-2019, 09:04 PM
Bailes money wasnt as green as lanigansMoney talks and makes things happenU want Lanigan to drive ur car or do you want ross to drive it?

MEE
11-22-2019, 09:08 PM

From his tweeter sounds like u hurt Rigsby's feeling.

You r not suppose to tell any thing before he gets it out first.

Poor little fellow.LOL

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-22-2019, 09:46 PM
U want Lanigan to drive ur car or do you want ross to drive it?

Im wrong person to ask that. I'll take ross to drive as im not a fan of lanigan.

SLIPPING SIDEWAYS
11-22-2019, 09:55 PM
U want Lanigan to drive ur car or do you want ross to drive it?That's a no brainer...

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-23-2019, 06:06 AM
From his tweeter sounds like u hurt Rigsby's feeling.

You r not suppose to tell any thing before he gets it out first.

Poor little fellow.LOL

Yeah. He's butthurt for sure. DLM crewman are like gossiping old ladies. As soon someone knows something, even if it's an advantage, they have to crow like they know something. It's easy to do when it isn't your ideas or work.

No_Weak_Links
11-23-2019, 06:06 AM
Barry's house car has always gone to the highest bidder. No shock here.

dirtcrazy4u
11-23-2019, 06:19 AM
So does this put Lanigan back on the lucas tour ?

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-23-2019, 06:21 AM

I doubt it. He's a woo guy.

chupp n bloomer fan
11-23-2019, 06:22 AM
There are very few people in late model racing with money as green as Lanigan.Kinda what I was thinking. From what I’ve gathered, Porter was no dummy, and Darrell has sizable real estate. There is 4 kids, but still, they’ve funded race cars forever, so I’m guessing it’s pretty good $$$$.

kazual
11-23-2019, 06:34 AM
Some things don’t seem all that hard to predict. Course I got the results of the Madden / Bloomquist alignment wrong so don’t take my opinion for anything.

Josh Bayko
11-23-2019, 08:51 AM

No. They’ve already stated WoO is the plan.

Dlmfan123
11-24-2019, 09:53 AM
"Truck, trailer, and engines supplied by Viper Management now"I thought VRM aligned with Bobby Pierce earlier this season to supply his engines?Viper doesn’t know if there cuming or going.

Taboo62
11-24-2019, 04:50 PM
Ross has done better in that car than most, if not all, of the drivers they have had lately. Thus, I would consider that a mistake IF they are getting rid of him. While I agree Ross did well in the BWRC house car, saying he outperformed the previous pilots is a gross overstatement of the facts. The previous house car drivers were Davenport, Madden, Francis and Don O'Neal.(2009-Present) Davenport has driven for Barry twice, the first time was very fruitful before he moved to CBR and ran Lucas. After Davenport moved to CBR, Steve Francis took over and before they collaborated with CBR they too were victorious, even won the topless. Once BWRC collaborated with CBR Don O'Neal became the epsofacto housecar driver and won a Lucas Oil national title with Barry turning wrenches. Once BWRC and CBR parted ways Davenport returned and yes this pairing wasn't the juggernaut season that was expected, but a few factors that can't be over looked must be included in any serious evaluation. First a major sponsor pulled out before the season started and limited the options they had. Second due to the drop in usable cash for the war chest they were forced to utilize and untested engine program that proved less than stellar. The car showed speed and they did win a few races before going their separate ways. Something I think that further proves the engine program was the fly in the ointment was that Ross Bailes climbed in the seat of the housecar bringing with him his own engine and they won races right out of the box and JD went on to winning again too. After that Chris Madden returned and as other posters have stated, came within an eyelash of winning the WoO title, if not for an engine failure at Charlotte and some instances of overly aggressive driving tactics by a certain other unnamed team. So to say Ross is better or ran better than his predecessors is not an accurate accounting of the record. The BWRC housecar arrangement is different than say the Rocket arrangement at least it use to be. In years past the driver was responsible for bringing sponsorship to the table and covering the expenses, even Bloomquist had to pay his freight at BWRC. So Bailes leaving may just mean he didn't have the sponsorship needed to continue with BWRC. If Rocket didn't have the sponsorship they have, they wouldn't be doing things the way they do either. Selling cars alone isnt enough to fund a national traveling team these days...

adamconners
12-14-2019, 01:49 AM
heard Bailes just picked up a brand new car last week & will b at lavonia this weekend

Dlmfan123
12-14-2019, 09:44 AM
heard Bailes just picked up a brand new car last week & will b at lavonia this weekendWhat kinda car?

Josh Bayko
12-14-2019, 09:52 AM
What kinda car?

Olsen Eagle.

jog49
12-14-2019, 09:58 AM
It's not so much about Bailes leaving as it is a driver staying. They all leave! Taboo got it correct in his above statement. The driver is responsible for too much of the costs, IMO.

chupp n bloomer fan
12-14-2019, 10:36 AM
While I agree Ross did well in the BWRC house car, saying he outperformed the previous pilots is a gross overstatement of the facts. The previous house car drivers were Davenport, Madden, Francis and Don O'Neal.(2009-Present) Davenport has driven for Barry twice, the first time was very fruitful before he moved to CBR and ran Lucas. After Davenport moved to CBR, Steve Francis took over and before they collaborated with CBR they too were victorious, even won the topless. Once BWRC collaborated with CBR Don O'Neal became the epsofacto housecar driver and won a Lucas Oil national title with Barry turning wrenches. Once BWRC and CBR parted ways Davenport returned and yes this pairing wasn't the juggernaut season that was expected, but a few factors that can't be over looked must be included in any serious evaluation. First a major sponsor pulled out before the season started and limited the options they had. Second due to the drop in usable cash for the war chest they were forced to utilize and untested engine program that proved less than stellar. The car showed speed and they did win a few races before going their separate ways. Something I think that further proves the engine program was the fly in the ointment was that Ross Bailes climbed in the seat of the housecar bringing with him his own engine and they won races right out of the box and JD went on to winning again too. After that Chris Madden returned and as other posters have stated, came within an eyelash of winning the WoO title, if not for an engine failure at Charlotte and some instances of overly aggressive driving tactics by a certain other unnamed team. So to say Ross is better or ran better than his predecessors is not an accurate accounting of the record. The BWRC housecar arrangement is different than say the Rocket arrangement at least it use to be. In years past the driver was responsible for bringing sponsorship to the table and covering the expenses, even Bloomquist had to pay his freight at BWRC. So Bailes leaving may just mean he didn't have the sponsorship needed to continue with BWRC. If Rocket didn't have the sponsorship they have, they wouldn't be doing things the way they do either. Selling cars alone isnt enough to fund a national traveling team these days...What team used overly aggressive driving tactics? His main competitors were Marlar and Sheppard if that’s what you’re referring too, and neither is overly aggressive.

Josh Bayko
12-14-2019, 10:51 AM
I guarantee he’s still whining about the race at Stateline where madden ran out of talent.

Jking24
12-14-2019, 11:28 AM
Josh bayko are you referring to the race where madden was leading and on a restart drove in on the outside and then diamond the corner and drove straight down the race track dead across Shepard's nose who if i remember correctly literally couldn't have been any lower. Wrecking him self ?

SLIPPING SIDEWAYS
12-14-2019, 11:36 AM
Josh bayko are you referring to the race where madden was leading and on a restart drove in on the outside and then diamond the corner and drove straight down the race track dead across Shepard's nose who if i remember correctly literally couldn't have been any lower. Wrecking him self ?

12:30 mark

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wTLXgSEmKN8&t=769s

Josh Bayko
12-14-2019, 11:37 AM

That’s exactly what I’m referring to.

Dlmfan123
12-14-2019, 03:36 PM
I don’t know how you can even possibly blame anybody but madden on that one.. Ross is debuting a new xr1

Dlmfan123
12-14-2019, 03:38 PM
https://twitter.com/coleperkins12/status/1205962586270978048

racingbum"14"
12-14-2019, 05:03 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$money talks

chupp n bloomer fan
12-14-2019, 07:20 PM
Jesus, if that’s what he’s referring to, that was all on Madden. He is the dummy who ran high on a one line right around the bottom track. Then tried to cut down. Absolutely no where for Sheppard to go. He’s on the bottom, it’s got a big berm. Nothing he can do different. Lol if that’s wtf he was talking about.

lazermod3
12-16-2019, 06:46 PM
I thought the new unit was out of a new chassis mfg.,located in mid Ohio,the name of the chassis is

(THE BLUE MAX!)

Barbecueboy
12-16-2019, 09:20 PM
I thought the new unit was out of a new chassis mfg.,located in mid Ohio,the name of the chassis is

(THE BLUE MAX!)

Raymond Beadle is building chassis??? If it's anything like his others it WILL haul azz....