PDA

View Full Version : Overwatering track

Loobs_07
11-24-2019, 07:35 AM
I’ve been to dirt tracks all over the Midwest and southeast for all kinds of different racing, be it a weekly show, big $ specials or any type of dirt car racing and have never seen a track be delayed for hours or end up canceling because of solely track error of overwatering the track until i moves down to Florida this year... Volusia has done it twice this year... they had a practice for when the asphalt trucks raced there and ended up having to cancel the practice because they overwatered it to the point it was soupy...now last night they was supposed to start at 615 opening ceremonies then right into first heat race. Needless to say they didn’t start hot laps until 9 o’clock and was stuck watching the grader getting trying not to get stuck in the turns and listening to a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ty announcer who talks about everything but the racing and racers for 3 hours. just don’t understand how something like that happens. Once they started racing action there was hardly even 1 groove, no passing at all except a select few. Had the entire bottom 1/3 of track in 1 and 2 coned off it was so soaked and huge ruts... just never seen anything like this wondering if it’s a common mistake around the country or just piss poor management. Biggest event of their regular racing season and they pull a stunt like that... not to mention they only ran 28 laps of mod feature before it rained out at midnight... late model and sprint car feature got canceled... but track got their money and got to keep 50/50 pool after everyone ran out the gates so all is good in their world i suppose.

Dirt2727
11-24-2019, 07:51 AM
Ive never been there but, i think the problem there is the tide coming in.......seems like they should know how to work around it, but apparently something happened beyond their control.

Loobs_07
11-24-2019, 08:24 AM
Ive never been there but, i think the problem there is the tide coming in.......seems like they should know how to work around it, but apparently something happened beyond their control.You’re thinking of east bay out towards Tampa that has the tide issues.. this was purely personal error of overwatering and not being able to get it back into shape.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-24-2019, 08:39 AM
Ive never been there but, i think the problem there is the tide coming in.......seems like they should know how to work around it, but apparently something happened beyond their control.

Volusia is a long ways from the coast.

Bob Hubbard
11-24-2019, 10:46 AM
The weather was great on Friday …. The food was good and beer was cold …. Saturday …. We got wet ….

dirt crow
11-24-2019, 12:12 PM
Eagerly awaiting Mr Wetters comment......

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-24-2019, 12:32 PM

Hes banned unless he has new name

Bob Hubbard
11-24-2019, 01:52 PM
I just read they are honoring Saturdays wrist bands as rain checks ...

Rocky
11-24-2019, 05:14 PM
There’s a place that I go that looks about like Portsmouth in March every Friday. Right after wheel packing he dumps another 1000 gallons on it and sends the mini stock guys out to run heat races. I do not like to bring my car there.

Since Clayton Wetter is banned: there’s no possible way to put too much water on a race track. They should be about the consistency of a sling pit and tire choice should be a TSL super swamper bigger.

Rocky
11-24-2019, 05:15 PM
Edit. Bogger.

Rocky
11-24-2019, 05:23 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cEC0n6HxNGY&t=79s

Here you can see a dry slick track as described by the legend. The video quality isn’t great we’re just trying to convey an idea.

Rocky
11-24-2019, 05:25 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ODQSu1TrhkE

And here you can see the proper consistency of a racing surface

HoosierDirtFan
11-24-2019, 05:56 PM

I saw a few days ago he was back. He commented on a thread.

SLIPPING SIDEWAYS
11-24-2019, 05:56 PM
Hes banned unless he has new nameDon't look at me...

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-24-2019, 07:08 PM
I saw a few days ago he was back. He commented on a thread.

Look a little closer at those user names. Got somebody playn games w them 🤭🤭🤫🤫

ZERO25
11-24-2019, 07:32 PM
Look a little closer at those user names. Got somebody playn games w them 來來狼狼

We see your daddy's back! lololol

HoosierDirtFan
11-24-2019, 07:41 PM
Look a little closer at those user names. Got somebody playn games w them 來來狼狼

yep I seen it.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-24-2019, 07:43 PM

Yea 10-4. I think hes living in liteys basement now.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-24-2019, 07:45 PM

What would 4m be w/o my POPS back.🤭🤭🤭

Bob Hubbard
12-04-2019, 02:20 AM
What is different about a track built on sand ? Do they add something to the dirt to harden the surface ..