PDA

View Full Version : Happy for Hudson O'Neal

TS FAN
11-24-2019, 03:57 PM
As most of us predicted, he would land a good ride next year. Masterbuilt house car. They did pretty good with Don in the years 2009-2012. They are returning to racing it seems

Taboo62
11-24-2019, 04:08 PM
This is a better outcome, IMHO, than him landing at CBR. Best of luck to Hudson & Team Masters.

BTExpress
11-25-2019, 12:36 AM
Call me old school, but I think it is neat to see Mastersbuilt, along with Barry Wright, Capital and Black Diamond try and complete with only a handful of teams on the National stage against fields stacked with Rockets & Longhorns. Wish Hudson and Tader the best.

kidrock
11-25-2019, 05:56 AM
I agree Huck can they find enough funding that will be the question. Hudson has proved he can win on the tour but, can they put a team together and gel as a team time will tell.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-25-2019, 06:00 AM
That car they fielded last year (Beeman and Tader) was sub-par. I hope they figured it out.

kidrock
11-25-2019, 07:39 AM
Just because, they have the geometry has nothing to do rather they can put a team together that can win and like Masterbuilt said they didn't do last year. You have to admit the team was sub-par.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-25-2019, 07:43 AM
They couldn't put it together Huck. A car is much more than where 12 bolts are located in space.

Kromulous
11-25-2019, 08:21 AM
I agree with MBR, the past couple years the Masters cars look off. I know a few regional guys around here tried them, and no dice, they all went back to Rockets.

Seems like when Oneal was hot back in like 2012 ish, them GeNX cars really worked had the traction. Tader could be behind in technology or something, not sure, smart guy i hope he gets it figure out.

I wonder what Engines there going to run?

BTExpress
11-25-2019, 08:51 AM
"I wonder what Engines there going to run?"

I thought I read that Breeman is supplying Jay D*ckens engines for the team.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-25-2019, 09:03 AM
I agree with MBR, the past couple years the Masters cars look off. I know a few regional guys around here tried them, and no dice, they all went back to Rockets.

Seems like when Oneal was hot back in like 2012 ish, them GeNX cars really worked had the traction. Tader could be behind in technology or something, not sure, smart guy i hope he gets it figure out.

I wonder what Engines there going to run?

I'd put our car up against any, meaning a new car would improve our program zero as long as we put the same driveline in it and tires on it. But, I've been wrong before.

d-glenn
11-27-2019, 03:38 PM
East Bay will answer lots of questions...

Jim11h
11-27-2019, 03:51 PM
Last knew guy in Michigan was running masterbilt and he's fast. Heck Spangler finished 5th in ump points last year

JayD
11-27-2019, 05:13 PM
Excellent DOD today read on the Hudson Mastersbilt team.

Jking24
11-27-2019, 05:14 PM
The mbh cars were as good as anything at that time but i believe huey was ahead of his time with the use of spring rubbers and bumps but i think that edge died with him. I think alot of taders info was coming from that direction back then. Masters were building something lime 60-70 cards a year and 40 of them were going to or sold through huey

JayD
11-27-2019, 05:17 PM
"I wonder what Engines there going to run?"I thought I read that Breeman is supplying Jay D*ckens engines for the team.DOD article said Jay (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-27-2019, 05:23 PM
The mbh cars were as good as anything at that time but i believe huey was ahead of his time with the use of spring rubbers and bumps but i think that edge died with him. I think alot of taders info was coming from that direction back then. Masters were building something lime 60-70 cards a year and 40 of them were going to or sold through huey

You might be right. I'm surprised how little bumps were still being used on some fast cars even in 2015.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-27-2019, 05:34 PM
East Bay will answer lots of questions...

That is probably a bit quick to decide. That place is not like the rest of the schedule.

Taboo62
11-29-2019, 06:08 AM
That is probably a bit quick to decide. That place is not like the rest of the schedule. Exactly right MBR, neither East Bay or Volusia translates to the rest of the country. It's like winning at Daytona, it doesn't help you anyplace else.

baker1b
12-02-2019, 02:37 AM
I think they'll be fine. I don't know if Cody Mahoney is coming on board with them but if he is it'll be a big help. Gilpin led a lot of the World in a Mastersbilt last year. He doesn't have a ton of experience in the 100 lap crown jewels so I'm thinking he doesn't use the tires up he's a top 3 car or maybe even the winner. I worked at Mastersbilt 10 years ago or so. I know Tader is smart enough to figure it out and Hudson can wheel with anybody on the tour. I would be shocked if they don't win 3-4 races this year.