PDA

View Full Version : Evaluating the Recent Driver and Team Moves

Returning to Dirt
12-01-2019, 07:41 PM
https://insidedirtracing.com/turn-2-blog-evaluating-the-recent-driver-and-team-moves/

We discuss the recent driver moves in Dirt Late Model racing

Taboo62
12-03-2019, 06:22 AM
I am amazed by the things that amaze so many others and the conclusions they draw. Being so dumbfounded over the Lanigan-Wright deal, which makes sense to me if you look back at how and why Club29 came about. Its a little like not understanding why racers sell tshirts... Barry builds top quality, nationally competitive cars and has a wealth of experience and knowledge at his disposal, combine that with a nationally experienced driver with funding and an engine program, plus his own store of knowledge and they make a formidable pairing. I may be wrong on this point, but Lannigan was never technically a chassis "builder", I don't think. It was my understanding he began modifying other brands then partnered with Stuckey to have his chassis built and then he "assembled" them at home. Seems like they announced the Stuckey-Lannigan partnership ending earlier this year. Maybe his time at CBR gave him more time at home and now BWRC can offer the same, I dunno. As far as the Mastersbilt-Hudson pairing, that is a no brainer and I expect to see big results quickley as long as the funding is there. Hudson is a proven hungry driver and the Masters havent forgotten how to race DLM's. You don't have to build 250+ cars a year to win on the big stage, BWRC does it and Masters can do it too.

BTExpress
12-03-2019, 07:51 AM
Personally, I think it is great to see both Barry Wright Race Cars and Mastersbuilt get back on the scene on the National stage. I respect what Rocket and Longhorn have done over the last few years, but there is room for other chassis builders to be successful as well on the national tours.