PDA

View Full Version : Madden at Bulls Gap???

00Hdmn
12-08-2019, 07:33 PM
I was browsing through the pictures on DoD and noticed that Ricky Weiss crew chief was there along with Tommy Hicks with Team 0. A ton of people still talk all kinds of smack on that operation but it seems to me by the results ole Summers is helping keep that camp pretty well oiled and they are looking like a pretty confident bunch with pretty much everyone that runs those cars bought in to the team aspect of it.

foxfire2dirtracing
12-08-2019, 07:43 PM
Tommy Hicks does not work for any race team now. He has a normal job & lives in the Bulls Gap area - but does help out the Bloomquist crew on rare occasions.

johnE
12-08-2019, 07:50 PM
Those guys brought the car over from Bloomquist’s shop so Madden wouldn’t have to long haul over the mountains with the car he usually drives. At Lavonia next Sunday I expect Madden will bring from Gaffney the car he’s been driving in his usual hauler.

Team Zero looks to be poised for a very big 2020. I’m interested to see Maddens schedule for next year. 0 to Lucas, 7 to Outlaws, 17M SE region selected events, which, if any, tour will 0M follow?

jog49
12-08-2019, 11:30 PM
He's was there . . . and he won!

SLIPPING SIDEWAYS
12-08-2019, 11:53 PM
I do believe Shawn Ricky's crew chief lives around there. He worked for Vic Hill at one time

BirkyAndTheShark
12-09-2019, 02:55 AM
I do believe Shawn Ricky's crew chief lives around there. He worked for Vic Hill at one time

Wasn’t he with Schlieper for a few years as well?

00Hdmn
12-09-2019, 06:34 AM

After I think about you are correct, when we used to race a bunch they parked by us a few times. Super nice dude and has been around for a long time.

No_Weak_Links
12-09-2019, 10:09 AM
I assume they will use this winter series for testing more than anything. At least that would be my guess. They won't have to pay to rent tracks, plus they earn their money back for tires, fuel, and maintenance.

brsteg
12-09-2019, 11:18 AM
If I was confident that I has the resources I'd put one 0 car on the Lucas tour and one 0 car on the Outlaw tour.
Both cars could be racing for $10,000+ that way instead of 10 or 12 plus 6 or whatever 2nd pays.

If Bloomer runs Lucas he gets a free $800 as long as he is top 12 in points, as the top 12 gets $700 appearance money and previous champions get an additional $100.

Davenport gets $1,000 show up money for every Lucas Oil race as long as he stays top 12 in points, because the defending series champion gets an additional $300 appearance money.

I didn't see where World of Outlaws has published any appearance money programs like this in their rule book, like Lucas has, but I'd say they have some kind of additional appearance money.

brsteg
12-09-2019, 11:23 AM
If I was confident that I has the resources I'd put one 0 car on the Lucas tour and one 0 car on the Outlaw tour.
Both cars could be racing for $10,000+ that way instead of 10 or 12 plus 6 or whatever 2nd pays.

If Bloomer runs Lucas he gets a free $800 as long as he is top 12 in points, as the top 12 gets $700 appearance money and previous champions get an additional $100.

Davenport gets $1,000 show up money for every Lucas Oil race as long as he stays top 12 in points, because the defending series champion gets an additional $300 appearance money.

I didn't see where World of Outlaws has published any appearance money programs like this in their rule book, like Lucas has, but I'd say they have some kind of additional appearance money.

Just one more realization after looking into appearance money. When TMac lost the 2017 Championship in the last race (partly due to 2 flats), he not only lost the monster share of that year's championship purse, but it cost him $100 every race every year and $300 every race the first year. That's around $15,000 lost the first year and $5,000 per year lost every year afterwards with that Championship.

SLIPPING SIDEWAYS
12-09-2019, 11:32 AM

Somewhere on here recently it was broken down both series but I can't find it. I think WoO was $600.