PDA

View Full Version : Woo vs lucas

lvillefan1928
12-12-2019, 05:55 PM
Which touring series has the better roster of drivers?

Imo I think woo has a better roster by a small margin

SLIPPING SIDEWAYS
12-12-2019, 06:07 PM
Lucas still does slightly. Now if Marlar were to sign up to run WoO. Then we can talk.

JD, Tmac, Owens, Clanton, Terbo, Shirley, EPJ, Richards. I'm gonna throw in Moyer Jr, Bronson and The Scott Brothers just for giggles.

WoO Bloomquist, Sheppard, Madden, Weiss, Junghans, Lanigan.

johnE
12-12-2019, 06:58 PM
The Outlaw rookie group looks like a good one.

BloomerWon
12-12-2019, 08:00 PM
WoO is king of the hill now. Hands down.

Kryptonite17
12-12-2019, 08:04 PM
I’m not sure who has the “better roster” but if you gave me the choice of a Lucas and WoO race on the same night locally, I would go to the WoO show. This coming year is the first year I would’ve said that. Lucas is currently JD then everyone else. WoO got a lot more interesting today and they needed it big time.

johnE
12-12-2019, 08:17 PM
Would anybody be surprised to see Madden get ten or more 2020 Outlaw wins?

Dlmfan123
12-12-2019, 08:31 PM
Terbo says there not set on a series yet either

SLMDIRTTM
12-12-2019, 08:32 PM
Lucas still does slightly. Now if Marlar were to sign up to run WoO. Then we can talk.

JD, Tmac, Owens, Clanton, Terbo, Shirley, EPJ, Richards. I'm gonna throw in Moyer Jr, Bronson and The Scott Brothers just for giggles.

Hudson ONeal, Overton, Moran, Dillard

One Man Gang
12-13-2019, 12:39 PM
What about Buckingham anybody heard what his plans is for 2020 ?

Dlmfan123
12-13-2019, 01:12 PM
What about Buckingham anybody heard what his plans is for 2020 ?Lucas again

MRM
12-13-2019, 02:06 PM

Might want to wait another week or two to see if there are any more defectors from one to the other.

71PRPFan
12-13-2019, 02:21 PM
I mean it’s 3 vs 1 on WoO now.

JD is still dominant on Lucas but still has a better mix of competitors

Gonna suck not seeing the goat as much this year

SLIPPING SIDEWAYS
12-13-2019, 02:36 PM
Why would you not see him as much. He's running the entire WoO schedule and probably the big Lucas events that don't conflict with WoO.

ZERO25
12-13-2019, 02:40 PM
WOO by a nose...….and not one of them Texas cows either! :)

Bloomer and Madden just tipped the scales!

bleedblue55
12-13-2019, 02:53 PM
Considering Madden has been running WOO a couple years before aborting last year he is not a new addition. So far the only thing that has happened is the series traded Bloomer for Coconut. Bloomer is by far the more accomplished of the 2 but at this point in their careers it's a push. Neither will contend for a series title.

SLIPPING SIDEWAYS
12-13-2019, 03:06 PM
Why won't can't Madden compete for a championship? He's finished 2nd and 3rd in the last year's I believe. His situation isn't any worse. It's actually better.

Ryan21mid
12-13-2019, 03:10 PM
I think he was talking about Bloomer and Coconut

zyoung25
12-13-2019, 03:21 PM
Why would you not see him as much. He's running the entire WoO schedule and probably the big Lucas events that don't conflict with WoO.

I think he means not seeing him in the area as much this year as we have in years past. Before when he followed the lucas tour, he would be in or around this area nearly 10 times a year. WoO hardly ever comes to our area. This year we got lucky and got 3 races that are relavitly close, I doubt we will see that next year. It's a toss up if he'll hit the N/S this year right now.

bullring
12-13-2019, 03:37 PM
Lucas has the edge through the field. Top 3 vs top 3 WOO has the edge....until the first drug test.

bleedblue55
12-13-2019, 03:49 PM
Why won't can't Madden compete for a championship? He's finished 2nd and 3rd in the last year's I believe. His situation isn't any worse. It's actually better.

Didn't say that, I said that Madden has been on the WOO tour recently so it shouldn't be considered an addition. Bloomer and Clanton are basically a tit for tat trade between the series.

dirtcrazy4u
12-13-2019, 03:54 PM
The woo finally got what they wanted, bloomer switching series, I don't think you'll see him tested. Just a hunch.

HIGH ROLLER
12-13-2019, 04:13 PM
The woo finally got what they wanted, bloomer switching series, I don't think you'll see him tested. Just a hunch.

If he does it will get pushed aside

ZERO25
12-13-2019, 04:41 PM

Tested????……..his IQ is higher than 99.9% of his competition!

DirtPhantom
12-13-2019, 05:19 PM
Lucas still has the edge with the roster of drivers committed to the series, Woo is taking big steps to be on par with Lucas, I don't buy in to this woo vs lucas nonsense! Be thankful dirt super late model racing has TWO major national touring series for everyone to enjoy and support be it in person or on tv weekly through several sources. Having this much attention, backing and distribution only proves how healthy dirt track racing and especially super late model racing is all across America.Be greatful it is thriving and growing every year, don't try to drive a wedge and hurt either series, support both!

TerryM
12-13-2019, 05:38 PM
Lucas is begging a certain young Illinois driver to run their series in 2020.

DirtPhantom
12-13-2019, 06:42 PM
He's good for business, no doubt.

BloomerWon
12-13-2019, 07:28 PM
Hey Z25, I like how you arranged Bloomer and scales in the same sentence.

I don't see him having any more issues on the one at Eldora. Heckers, he could probably run a special designed window net now if he wanted...

BloomerWon
12-13-2019, 07:31 PM
Lucas is begging a certain young Illinois driver to run their series in 2020.

The young man should defanatly consider taking them up on any offer...

dirtcrazy4u
12-13-2019, 07:35 PM
Begging !!! I doubt that.

Mason87
12-13-2019, 07:47 PM
Lol begging, you morons are hilarious.

bleedblue55
12-13-2019, 08:17 PM
Lucas still has the edge with the roster of drivers committed to the series, Woo is taking big steps to be on par with Lucas, I don't buy in to this woo vs lucas nonsense! Be thankful dirt super late model racing has TWO major national touring series for everyone to enjoy and support be it in person or on tv weekly through several sources. Having this much attention, backing and distribution only proves how healthy dirt track racing and especially super late model racing is all across America.Be greatful it is thriving and growing every year, don't try to drive a wedge and hurt either series, support both!
Dirt late models aren't exactly thriving all across America. As far as growing, that would be the number of weekly tracks that no longer run super lates. Crate/Limited lates are growing in numbers because of the reduced cost. Having two touring series does increase the money available to the top teams. TV and streaming have increased the popularity of the top 2 series but local car counts and fan attendance suffer at many tracks.

71PRPFan
12-13-2019, 08:46 PM
I think he means not seeing him in the area as much this year as we have in years past. Before when he followed the lucas tour, he would be in or around this area nearly 10 times a year. WoO hardly ever comes to our area. This year we got lucky and got 3 races that are relavitly close, I doubt we will see that next year. It's a toss up if he'll hit the N/S this year right now.

Correct. Portsmouth and atomic is 4 races alone.

bullring
12-14-2019, 09:33 AM
If he does it will get pushed aside

You're right. I forgot only non series regulars get drug or tire tested so they will be okay.

TS FAN
12-14-2019, 12:08 PM
WOO series will have only three winners. IMO. Lucas should have a lot more different winners. I personally like to see different winners. As for stronger roster, obviously with the three top teams in the series WOO does. I would doubt that Bloomer wins much against Madden and Sheppard, but he will fare much better than the rest of WOO drivers and will maybe snag a win from time to time.

Illtsate32
12-14-2019, 12:13 PM
Bobby's interview at PRI when asked about a schedule said after New Mexico, Arizona may go to Volusia...didnt say anything about East Bay...

bleedblue55
12-14-2019, 05:34 PM
WOO series will have only three winners. IMO. Lucas should have a lot more different winners. I personally like to see different winners. As for stronger roster, obviously with the three top teams in the series WOO does. I would doubt that Bloomer wins much against Madden and Sheppard, but he will fare much better than the rest of WOO drivers and will maybe snag a win from time to time.
I'll predict 6, Madden, Weiss, Bloomer, Shephard, Junghans and Lanigan.

Bigdirtfan
12-14-2019, 06:11 PM
I think the lucas tour still has a great field of drivers, but team bloomquist against rocket house car is very very interesting.

TS FAN
12-14-2019, 07:20 PM
I'll predict 6, Madden, Weiss, Bloomer, Shephard, Junghans and Lanigan.

I hope you are right, but until I see it, I am staying with three. I expect another driver could win a race, but it would require trouble for the top three IMO. So we will see.

TS FAN
12-14-2019, 07:24 PM
I think the lucas tour still has a great field of drivers, but team bloomquist against rocket house car is very very interesting.

Lucas should have plenty of competitive races and several winners which is good for fans. WOO should have some good races too, but they may well be between just three cars. Maybe Weiss or someone else can find some speed and staying power, but so far they haven't been about to show it. I really think fans just want to see competition and not always knowing who will be the front runners.

TerryM
12-14-2019, 07:31 PM
Lol begging, you morons are hilarious.
Begging was my choice of words, but when they send one of their top dogs to your shop to discuss it, I’d say that want you pretty bad. I wouldn’t post it if it wasn’t true. People who actually know me, unlike you, know that.

Dlmfan123
12-14-2019, 07:45 PM
They go to most major team shops..

Mason87
12-14-2019, 07:55 PM
So you did post something that wasn't true right? You said they begged then they didn't so which is it? I dont blame them for asking but to so they were begging is just plain ignorant bit I dont expect anything less from you.

Mason87
12-14-2019, 08:00 PM
Exactly Dlmfan123 but of course pierce c0ck jockeys have to use to prove how great he is.

SLIPPING SIDEWAYS
12-14-2019, 08:31 PM
They go to most major team shops..

They probably only stopped there because it was either on the way to Babb's shop or on the way home lol

TerryM
12-14-2019, 09:12 PM
I’m sure the folks at Lucas sent agents to every shop in the country immediately after they found out Scott and Chris were running the WOO series. I’m sure it happens that way every time. Yep, that’s how it works lol.

DirtPhantom
12-14-2019, 09:55 PM
Dirt late models aren't exactly thriving all across America. As far as growing, that would be the number of weekly tracks that no longer run super lates. Crate/Limited lates are growing in numbers because of the reduced cost. Having two touring series does increase the money available to the top teams. TV and streaming have increased the popularity of the top 2 series but local car counts and fan attendance suffer at many tracks.Yes SLM's are definitely on the way out at most tracks as far as being a weekly division, but at the same time there has been a increase in regional tours with more tracks hosting regional shows and the two national touring series as well, this is good for the sport. The regional teams can travel too a couple of shows each weekend paying way better than what they can earn racing as a weekly division as long as the travel distance is within reason. As far as the limiteds and crates, they are definitely growing their ranks at most tracks and the future looks great as they will be the feeder system for the regional and national tours as they move up the ladder into Supers.

SLIPPING SIDEWAYS
12-14-2019, 10:54 PM
Why would Lucas even need to do that?

Cleetus Motorsports
12-14-2019, 11:13 PM
I wonder if Bloomer could get the Scott brothers to go to woo and then he would have 5 cars on the same tour?

bleedblue55
12-15-2019, 09:56 AM
Yes SLM's are definitely on the way out at most tracks as far as being a weekly division, but at the same time there has been a increase in regional tours with more tracks hosting regional shows and the two national touring series as well, this is good for the sport. The regional teams can travel too a couple of shows each weekend paying way better than what they can earn racing as a weekly division as long as the travel distance is within reason. As far as the limiteds and crates, they are definitely growing their ranks at most tracks and the future looks great as they will be the feeder system for the regional and national tours as they move up the ladder into Supers.

I guess one of us see the glass as half full, the other half empty. To me that feeder system has went both ways as there have been a lot more drivers go from lates to crates and mods then have moved up. Unfortunately many of the drivers moving down are really good drivers and some of those moving up have little talent but a Daddy with a fat wallet. Personally I just can't see how local tracks not having late models is good for the sport.