PDA

View Full Version : New Late Model Series coming to Western TN, Western KY, Southern, IL, Eastern MO

HoosierDirtFan
12-13-2019, 01:58 PM
Seen a couple of people talk about it.
Looks like the Clarksville Speedway owner Scoggins has started a new late model series in the region to possibly help grow car counts around Western Tennessee, Western Kentucky, Southern Illinois, & Eastern Missouri area
Quicksliver DIRTcar Late Model Series with the first racing being the Toilet Bowl February 28th $3,000 & February 29th $5,000.
Most races look to be paying around $2,000 to win.
Like many have said.
There are to many region series.
Does this one fill a need for a smaller series in that region?

dch191
12-13-2019, 02:53 PM
Is there a link to an article/announcement regarding this? I haven’t seen or heard about it and can’t find anything after doing a quick search on the internet but would be interested in hearing more about it

HoosierDirtFan
12-13-2019, 03:00 PM
dch191
Not sure just seen a few talk about it on Facebook.

huskerdirt
12-13-2019, 03:01 PM
Oh Christ.

This is the same guy who sold mars because he was to busy to run the track and the series. Work on not making Clarksville a sh!t hole.

Ryan21mid
12-13-2019, 03:06 PM
Oh Christ.

This is the same guy who sold mars because he was to busy to run the track and the series. Work on not making Clarksville a sh!t hole.

^^ This guy gets it! After I heard Scogin, I didn't and won't read any further into this "series"

jr29
12-13-2019, 03:38 PM
This series would be right up my geographical alley, but I've no idea where the cars will come from.

HoosierDirtFan
12-13-2019, 05:09 PM
Just got home from a gathering at relatives house and Dirt On Dirt has an article on it under PRI coverage. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. Apparently they have 9 races / tracks signed on so for 2020.
Clarksville Speedway - Clarksville, Tennessee
Camden Speedway - Camden, Tennessee
Tennessee National Raceway - Hohenwald, Tennessee
Western Kentucky Speedway - Nebo, Kentucky
Tri-City Speedway - Granite City, Illinois
Highland Speedway - Highland, Illinois
Belle-Clair Speedway - Belleville, Illinois
Fayette County Speedway - Brownstown, Illinois
Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55 - Pevely, Missouri

jr29
12-13-2019, 05:39 PM
Just got home from a gathering at relatives house and Dirt On Dirt has an article on it under PRI coverage. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. Apparently they have 9 races / tracks signed on so for 2020.
Clarksville Speedway - Clarksville, Tennessee
Camden Speedway - Camden, Tennessee
Tennessee National Raceway - Hohenwald, Tennessee
Western Kentucky Speedway - Nebo, Kentucky
Tri-City Speedway - Granite City, Illinois
Highland Speedway - Highland, Illinois
Belle-Clair Speedway - Belleville, Illinois
Fayette County Speedway - Brownstown, Illinois
Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55 - Pevely, Missouri

That's a little wider area than I expected. It's more of a St. Louis series. I'm anxious to see car counts at Camden and Wester Kentucky. Hopefully the series is a smashing success.

3 wide
12-14-2019, 07:01 AM
If they are not going to pay but 2,000 to win there is no need in starting.

STRONGERTHANDIRT
12-14-2019, 08:47 AM
There are virtually no late models left in W. Ky. After PIR & KLMS closed, drivers either retired or quit racing.

thexfactor0210
12-14-2019, 09:06 AM
I honestly dont know if some of these dates will get more than 12 cars. One way to help is if this series finds a way to allow crates to run with the supers.

jr29
12-14-2019, 09:42 AM
There are virtually no late models left in W. Ky. After PIR & KLMS closed, drivers either retired or quit racing.

I don't think there are any in west Tennessee with the exception of Dane Dacus and one or two others in the Memphis area.

One Man Gang
12-14-2019, 11:10 AM
I don't think there are any in west Tennessee with the exception of Dane Dacus and one or two others in the Memphis area.
Johnathon Rowan is the only one I can think of

jr29
12-14-2019, 12:01 PM
Johnathon Rowan is the only one I can think of

And I don't remember seeing his name pop up in results this year.

Eric Hickerson is the next closest I can think of and he's really in middle Tennessee. He seems to bounce between crates and supers.

One Man Gang
12-14-2019, 12:43 PM
And I don't remember seeing his name pop up in results this year.

Eric Hickerson is the next closest I can think of and he's really in middle Tennessee. He seems to bounce between crates and supers.
Rowan went to East Bay in Feb, The Cotton Pickin in September and The Gumbo Nationals in Oct was all he raced in 2019

0cents
12-16-2019, 08:17 AM
From what I heard Rowan didn't run much this year due to work obligations. 2k to win shows I don't think will pull many cars tho in the Camden area. Not enough local supers to support it and not enough money for racers to justify a long haul for it.