PDA

View Full Version : Prelude to the Dream

NeedforLMspeed
12-20-2019, 12:48 PM
Cruz Pedregon asking Tony Stewart to bring it back the other day. Even Jesse James says he's in.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CruzPedregon/status/1207420899105918976

mskdorf
12-20-2019, 01:56 PM
I was at all of those. It was kind of a novelty. It was funny watching all the people that had never been to a dirt track before. I will never forget the guy in the white silk shirt in a lawn chair in turn 4. I thought he was going to cry. It was always for a great cause and I would not object to seeing more of them. We usually go up on Wednesday for the Dream anyway.

zyoung25
12-20-2019, 03:13 PM
I kinda like to see it again. However, maybe finding teams to give up cars for those guys to race may be another story. I gave seen where Devin Gilpin and BP32 said they were in if they done it, so who knows 🤷(not a nice word)♂️

Billy_the_kid
12-21-2019, 05:02 PM
I think the nascar drivers really liked it. Heck, a couple of them had their own cars. No points, Nothing but fun. Its kinda like us going to the gokart track!

Madcat
12-21-2019, 05:29 PM
The best part was waking up Thursday morning and seeing all the high roller napcar fans pull out in their big diesel pushers. We set up lawn chairs and watched all the high rollers leave. They missed the fast guys the rest of the week but got to see their napcar boys.

Always hated seeing the napcar boys total guys late models though. Happened every year.

Austin34471
12-22-2019, 01:51 AM
As lame and unpopular as nascar has gotten over the last decade, they should be doing a prelude to the Daytona 500 letting the DLM rock stars run the Wednesday before, which would be some great publicity for nascar. :)

champion24
12-23-2019, 10:42 AM
As lame and unpopular as nascar has gotten over the last decade, they should be doing a prelude to the Daytona 500 letting the DLM rock stars run the Wednesday before, which would be some great publicity for nascar. :)

They already do! Right down the road at Volusia!!

Slider
12-24-2019, 09:05 PM
Pay to Enter and run what you brung. 5k to enter and it all goes to charity. Current late model with any engine combo they want to run. Any type suspension and tire that fits under the current body. Invite championship drivers from all types of racing from around the world.

huskerdirt
12-24-2019, 09:58 PM
I kinda like to see it again. However, maybe finding teams to give up cars for those guys to race may be another story. I gave seen where Devin Gilpin and BP32 said they were in if they done it, so who knows 路(not a nice word)♂️

Exactly. Nobody talks about the teams being upset because cars were destroyed/un repairable in time for dream. I remember the Warrior House Car entering the dream with Ronnie Johnson, but first they were to run the prelude with JJ Yeley. I don’t want to spoil it but RJ didn’t compete that weekend.

huskerdirt
12-24-2019, 09:59 PM
I’m all for the prelude, but not at the mercy at the teams that have to compete that weekend.

intel8
12-24-2019, 11:30 PM
Exactly Husker!

TS FAN
12-26-2019, 12:37 PM
Ditto Ditto