HoosierDirtFan
12-21-2019, 02:30 PM
Atomic Speedway
Chillicothe (Ohio), Ohio

2020 Schedule
https://www.atomicspeedway.net/schedule

chupp n bloomer fan
12-22-2019, 10:13 AM
Must have had a pretty good falling out with Tony and the All Stars.

Kryptonite17
12-22-2019, 10:39 AM
I see the Kenny Wallace Racing Experience is there August 8th. Has anyone done that? Seems like it would be an awesome track to try it at.

HoosierDirtFan
12-22-2019, 11:21 AM
I see the Kenny Wallace Racing Experience is there August 8th. Has anyone done that? Seems like it would be an awesome track to try it at.

Don't get me wrong it a cool thing to see. The cars though aren't really that great. I've thought about trying it. The late model is more of a sportsman, the modified is probably an older b-mod, & the sprint car is close to a 305. From the time I seen it. If your up for it. It's a cool deal. Maybe not for every one. I've heard some say it did really meat there expectations wen they have to the Plymouth Speedway in Indiana. Guess to each their own.

bleedblue55
12-22-2019, 01:13 PM
Must have had a pretty good falling out with Tony and the All Stars.

Fat Tony's All Stars started all the crap about the backstretch wall when one of their drivers flipped into the fence last year. Trying to remember but I believe the drivers voted not to run the rest of the night and stirred some crap with Atomic's insurance carrier. Jersey barrier wall between turn 2 and 3 was eventually removed.

Dlmfan123
12-22-2019, 03:10 PM
Must have had a pretty good falling out with Tony and the All Stars.I don’t think so. Brad said he and tony are still good friends. I think they were loosing money on all star shows so there gonna try to do things different. Said they will probably be back in the future

zyoung25
12-22-2019, 06:50 PM
Fat Tony's All Stars started all the crap about the backstretch wall when one of their drivers flipped into the fence last year. Trying to remember but I believe the drivers voted not to run the rest of the night and stirred some crap with Atomic's insurance carrier. Jersey barrier wall between turn 2 and 3 was eventually removed.

I had heard Stewart was mad they voted not to race that night. They whined and complained all week about not getting to race, so when they get a choppy race track, they whined and complained some more, and eventually left. We talked to Rico after most of the team's had done loaded and left, he was ready to race. The race track was not that bad that night.

OVSCA wouldn't even anwser their calls this year, and they normally held 5 or more races there a year for them a season. It seems the all stars are trying to put a black eye on atomic for whatever reason, and have brought that series on with them in doing so.

Krooser
12-22-2019, 07:03 PM

I did it at 141 three years ago. Was set up to drive a super. Both broke. No spares and the mechanic had a crescent wrench and a hammer.

They brought seven cars and only two ran all day. Everything had a 602 crate... I could walk faster than the mod I drove. Plus the seat was like 14"... Obviously they never saw the people who live in WI.

They did give me extra laps since I got screwed over...

zyoung25
12-22-2019, 07:57 PM

Its just what it says, an experience. The cars are slow, and they're older, but it is fun. It gives ya an idea of what it feels like to be strapped in a race car on a race track. My daily driver is a 2001 ford lightning with 172k, and I'd almost bet I could turn faster laps in it than what I did in the car I rented, mainly because of straightaway speed. The car I drove was a mid 90s mastersbilt, with a 2 speed power glide with a 350 crate engine, it was far from a power house. The one thing I didn't like that they done was not let ya use all of the race track. They sat cones out that basically kept ya on the bottom half of the track in the corners if you're out there with some papaw, they won't let ya pass them, luckily I was on my own. It was fun, and I probably won't ever do it again, unless i see that they update their rentals a bit. Id recommend anyone that's on the fence about it to give it a try. It's not that expensive and it's something a lot of fans in the stands will never to get to do.

I watched a guy junk the sprint car they had by hitting the end of the pit wall right before I went out, that was interesting to see.