PDA

View Full Version : Thanks cody..........

Barbecueboy
12-22-2019, 01:18 AM
Anbody that don't like that is foolish......well done my man.

play4kps
12-22-2019, 06:47 AM
At the beginning I was not a fan. But honestly now I love it. It is so awesome to see drivers who love the sport , race on a low budget, look good, run faster, have a chance, and see big money and technology play little to no factor at all. Its awesome to see, Its what Dirt late model racing needs and misses. Notice most of the big names of the sport stay away, they dont want to have to race that hard and race on an even platform with guys they demolish on tracks where the money and technology leaves the lower funded drivers to not have a chance. Thank Cody, I loved it.

Rocky
12-22-2019, 08:02 AM
It’s something excellent to do with old equipment. If possible with my schedule we’re going next year. Not with the 2018 either. We’ll unretire the 99 for a week.

JayD
12-22-2019, 09:04 AM
At the beginning I was not a fan. But honestly now I love it. It is so awesome to see drivers who love the sport , race on a low budget, look good, run faster, have a chance, and see big money and technology play little to no factor at all. Its awesome to see, Its what Dirt late model racing needs and misses. Notice most of the big names of the sport stay away, they dont want to have to race that hard and race on an even platform with guys they demolish on tracks where the money and technology leaves the lower funded drivers to not have a chance. Thank Cody, I loved it.Yea watching cars bounce four or five feet in the air and only six cars finish is exactly what late model racing needs. Sorry I want to watch cars race not see who’s lucky enough not to wreck and finish.

TerryM
12-22-2019, 09:34 AM
At the beginning I was not a fan. But honestly now I love it. It is so awesome to see drivers who love the sport , race on a low budget, look good, run faster, have a chance, and see big money and technology play little to no factor at all. Its awesome to see, Its what Dirt late model racing needs and misses. Notice most of the big names of the sport stay away, they dont want to have to race that hard and race on an even platform with guys they demolish on tracks where the money and technology leaves the lower funded drivers to not have a chance. Thank Cody, I loved it.
The four biggest names in the sport were there.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-22-2019, 09:37 AM
The four biggest names in the sport were there.

True. But one was in a different ride and one is almost required by his new ownership arrangements. It's a great event for fans. It has a likelihood of high cost to the racer.

Rocky
12-22-2019, 09:54 AM
The big names in DLM racing are only big names to the hard core fan. Joe race fan that sees a TV commercial during a cup race don’t know the difference between any of them. To him, we’re a bunch of drunks snot welding well pipe cars together under the shade tree. That’s an image that we’re never gonna shake. To that guy, Tyler Carpenter made himself a super star last night and that’s okay with me guys.

Rocky
12-22-2019, 10:04 AM
Cody has a Jimmy Dunn story now and it was a guy from Parkersburg that gave it to him. Very fitting.

Kryptonite17
12-22-2019, 10:57 AM
It’s definitely gotten better. If they can somehow fix the ruts and keep the banking it will be even better. Definitely still enjoyed it though, nothing wrong with a little beating and banging once in a while.

SHOE32
12-22-2019, 11:25 AM
FOR ANYBODY THAT DIDNT GET TO SEE VICTORY LANE,HOW BOUT THE FACT THAT THE PROMOTERS FROM KNOXVILLE NATIONALS CALLED TO ASK DoD TO ASK TYLER WHAT IT WOULD TAKE TO GET HIM TO KNOXVILLE NEXT YEAR. THIS RACE HAS A TON OF CLOUT AND THATS PRETTY COOL FOR ANY TEAM FUNDED LIKE HIM TO GET NATIONAL ATTENTION.

SHOE32
12-22-2019, 11:28 AM
This race aint about the big teams ,its a chance for any regional guy to make a name for himself.

WisWildManFan
12-22-2019, 11:40 AM
Track shape and banking is good. Idk how you keep it from getting so rough with the dirt they are allowed to use

Rocky
12-22-2019, 11:42 AM
Track shape and banking is good. Idk how you keep it from getting so rough with the dirt they are allowed to use

Prep it like a kart track. Make it hard as concrete.

Highside Hustler25
12-22-2019, 12:06 PM
Can't blame any racer for staying home for this one. Like Moyer said, if anyone that competed there this weekend doesn't go home and do a total teardown and replace pert near every part on the car, they'll wish they did next time out. From a car owner standpoint, that was hard to watch. From a fans view, it was great entertainment. I heard somewhere that Mark Richards told Sheppy that he could use the hauler(I think they are heading straight to N.M.), but he'd have to race his own car. Said they wouldn't have time to go over the whole car before Vado knowing it would need a lot of work. Totally understandable why some of the touring guys were not there.

Still would like to know exactly the size of the track. Unless it was an error, Gordy Gundaker turned a sub 9 second lap (8.980). That seems impossible on a 1/5 mile track. Could have been a scoring mistake I guess.

Rocky
12-22-2019, 12:11 PM
It’s basically the dirt late model version of a plate race. You have a better than average chance of wrecking a race car, but a guy with no chance whatsoever of even making a crown jewel can make the show. A guy that can make a crown jewel, he can win it. This race is much less stupid than I thought. If you always want the best car to win, and you should, don’t spend your money. But if you wanna see a possible Cinderella story, this is for you.

klemmabyna
12-22-2019, 12:52 PM
highlights look a lot like a race they hold in Crandon Wisconsin.

WisWildManFan
12-22-2019, 01:00 PM
Can't blame any racer for staying home for this one. Like Moyer said, if anyone that competed there this weekend doesn't go home and do a total teardown and replace pert near every part on the car, they'll wish they did next time out. From a car owner standpoint, that was hard to watch. From a fans view, it was great entertainment. I heard somewhere that Mark Richards told Sheppy that he could use the hauler(I think they are heading straight to N.M.), but he'd have to race his own car. Said they wouldn't have time to go over the whole car before Vado knowing it would need a lot of work. Totally understandable why some of the touring guys were not there.Still would like to know exactly the size of the track. Unless it was an error, Gordy Gundaker turned a sub 9 second lap (8.980). That seems impossible on a 1/5 mile track. Could have been a scoring mistake I guess.That’s an error. They were running 11 second laps

3 wide
12-22-2019, 04:36 PM
I think racing is better on a track that is worked and a little rough but that is a lot more than a little I wondered why they didn't run more laps paying that much money now I know why with only 6 cars running at the end.

bullring
12-22-2019, 06:49 PM
We were talking last night how far Cody has come with his indoor events compared to the Indy Invite a few years back. Seems to keep improving every year.

fryefan
12-22-2019, 08:59 PM
If you like spending 10+ hours a day at a track, then it is right up your alley. He needs to hire Bob Sargent, Mike Van Gendren, or Toby Kruse to come in and run the show. Those guys all know how to run an efficient program.

flagone
12-22-2019, 10:12 PM
This race will never be a 4 or 5 hour show. There are too many races, too many required breaks, too many yellows that take a long time to clear, etc. When I go to Arizona I run a 3 division program in 3.5 hours. I know how to do it. But that is not possible at Gateway.

Rocky
12-22-2019, 10:46 PM
This race will never be a 4 or 5 hour show. There are too many races, too many required breaks, too many yellows that take a long time to clear, etc. When I go to Arizona I run a 3 division program in 3.5 hours. I know how to do it. But that is not possible at Gateway.

Enough with your actual experience doing stuff in reality.... Around here we bash. Bash, bash, bash.

I probably shouldn’t hit send on this.....

fryefan
12-22-2019, 11:11 PM

I know that it is never going to be a 4 or 5 hour show, but 11 hours on Friday afternoon/night was ridiculous. I knew it was going to be a marathon when they hot lapped the late models all again. That should have definitely been skipped, since they all hot lapped and qualified on Thursday night.

Dlmfan123
12-22-2019, 11:15 PM
I know that it is never going to be a 4 or 5 hour show, but 11 hours on Friday afternoon and night was ridiculous.U act like they fuk around all night. Accidents happen

NeedforLMspeed
12-22-2019, 11:23 PM
You'd think after the second time they'd fix the turn 4 issue so cars weren't launching into the fence 2 more times.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-23-2019, 05:13 AM
U act like they fuk around all night. Accidents happen

The 6" tall wall and chicken wire fence needs changed. As does accident response.

jr29
12-23-2019, 10:38 AM
I know that it is never going to be a 4 or 5 hour show, but 11 hours on Friday afternoon/night was ridiculous. I knew it was going to be a marathon when they hot lapped the late models all again. That should have definitely been skipped, since they all hot lapped and qualified on Thursday night.

I went last year and the length of the show is why I stayed home this year. Something needs to be done. I'm not sure what, but something needs to change.
I'm also not a fan of elaborate driver introductions and all faux pageantry.

I did order it online this weekend though and I do plan to go back. Overall,it's a great event. I just think some things should be tweaked.

fryefan
12-23-2019, 10:44 AM
I went last year and the length of the show is why I stayed home this year. Something needs to be done. I'm not sure what, but something needs to change.
I'm also not a fan of elaborate driver introductions and all faux pageantry.

I did order it online this weekend though and I do plan to go back. Overall,it's a great event. I just think some things should be tweaked.

I will most likely just do the pay-per-view thing in the future. It will save me a lot of money and I can do a lot of other things at home with all of the down time they have.

Rocky
12-23-2019, 10:50 AM
The 6" tall wall and chicken wire fence needs changed. As does accident response.

Why even have the outside fence? Put the jersey barriers up against the outside walls if you are required. Give a 50 foot run off or so. Flag stand on the inside.

JayD
12-23-2019, 01:48 PM
I will most likely just do the pay-per-view thing in the future. It will save me a lot of money and I can do a lot of other things at home with all of the down time they have.We went the first year and the whole race weekend cost us around 1,000 dollars total, we decided to take that money and use it for real racing during the season not a demolition derby who survives wins, I won’t even spend money on the PPV.

WisWildManFan
12-23-2019, 02:31 PM
is it ridiculously rough, yes. is it very expensive, yes. is it a dirt oval race in December in the midwest, hell yes!

chathamracefan
12-23-2019, 02:48 PM
I have gone every year (2017 only on Friday). The days are long, but it is exciting. The track layout this year was much more conducive to good racing. If they can figure out how to keep it smoother, the event is a home run. As is, it is lots of fun. I wonder if there is a way to have everyone practice the day before racing to help work the track in. Just a thought. And try to prep it to be super dry so it slicks off quicker. The bottom slicks off & does not seem to rut up as much.

BloomerWon
12-23-2019, 02:56 PM
There will be a bevy of crying on here no matter what.

Thanks Cody!

CIRF
12-23-2019, 03:13 PM
is it ridiculously rough, yes. is it very expensive, yes. is it a dirt oval race in December in the midwest, hell yes!

Coming from the likes of you this statement had the credibility of that of a blind retarded field mouse. WisWildManBuffoon lives!

WisWildManFan
12-23-2019, 04:15 PM
Coming from the likes of you this statement had the credibility of that of a blind retarded field mouse. WisWildManBuffoon lives!Just upset your midgets put on the worse show of the 3 divisions. I had hoped you died off you old f*ck but we are all out of Xmas miracles this year.

Mason87
12-23-2019, 04:16 PM
Lol, you made me choke wildman.

ride height
12-24-2019, 08:55 AM
The concept of this dome race is an excellent idea. However, the track is a dumpster fire every year. The average fan has no idea the cost of repairing a car that’s been thru that hell. There has to be someone who knows how to fix the track issues they can consult.

fryefan
12-24-2019, 10:17 AM
The main problem with the track situation is that the dome REQUIRES them to use the same dirt that they use for motor-cross and monster truck shows. It is not the kind of dirt that will ever stay together for racing.

The one thing they good definitely improve on, but they don't seem to care about, is the length of their shows.

CIRF
12-31-2019, 09:53 AM
Just upset your midgets put on the worse show of the 3 divisions. I had hoped you died off you old f*ck but we are all out of Xmas miracles this year.I have no idea who put on the best or the worst show and I don't give a fat rats ass.

Nope, we're alive and well and it's obvious we continue, without effort, to piss you off, don't we buffoon/pivot man!! Hahahahahaha!!

The satisfaction and free enjoyment derived from living rent free in the head of a buffoon/pivot man, such as yourself, is immeasurable but costs absolutely nothing!! LOLOL!

JayD
12-31-2019, 10:16 AM
Coming from the likes of you this statement had the credibility of that of a blind retarded field mouse. WisWildManBuffoon lives!
Just upset your midgets put on the worse show of the 3 divisions. I had hoped you died off you old f*ck but we are all out of Xmas miracles this year.Post of the year material.....lol

WisWildManFan
12-31-2019, 11:13 AM
Post of the year material.....lolJust glad the chili bowl is coming and that technosaurus will be off his home PC for a week. If he ever gets a smart phone f*ck me lol

WisWildManFan
12-31-2019, 11:16 AM
I have no idea who put on the best or the worst show and I don't give a fat rats ass.Nope, we're alive and well and it's obvious we continue, without effort, to piss you off, don't we buffoon/pivot man!! Hahahahahaha!!The satisfaction and free enjoyment derived from living rent free in the head of a buffoon/pivot man, such as yourself, is immeasurable but costs absolutely nothing!! LOLOL!That’s the point. You have no idea ab the show because lates and mods are the headliners. You are on life support in my head just like real life. Looking forward to seeing you this year.

3 wide
12-31-2019, 01:08 PM
Well I read all the complaints on here an nothing surprises me from 11 hours on Friday to the rough track this is what happens when you have people running something that have no idea what they are doing look at Mansfield same thing they couldn't even empty the garbage cans.

BloomerWon
12-31-2019, 01:13 PM
Well I read all the complaints on here an nothing surprises me from 11 hours on Friday to the rough track this is what happens when you have people running something that have no idea what they are doing look at Mansfield same thing they couldn't even empty the garbage cans.

Sort of like a run on sentence.........

CIRF
01-02-2020, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by WisWildManBuffoon/Pivot Man That’s the point. You have no idea ab the show because lates and mods are the headliners. You are on life support in my head just like real life. Looking forward to seeing you this year.

Oh yea, I must admit, you're obvious angry infatuation, deficiency of wit and love of smart phones are mildly entertaining but cheap, nonetheless. Problem is you're becoming increasingly predictable and even more repetitious.

I doubt I should be flattered by the anticipation to be seen by a buffoon who also looks forward to seeing fly's f*ck! And I'm not! LOLOL!