PDA

View Full Version : Discount Shop Towels Dirt Kings Late Model Tour - 2020 Schedule...... 14 Races.......

HoosierDirtFan
01-01-2020, 12:44 PM
Discount Shop Towels Dirt Kings Late Model tour

Series Website
www.dirtkingstour.com

2020 Schedule
https://i.imgur.com/HnnQHu4.jpg

TBSprintFan
01-01-2020, 12:50 PM
It's too bad that Cedar Lake Speedway didn't hold this tour as part of their Masters weekend in June.

Shawmotorsports
01-01-2020, 01:50 PM
No Shawano speedway. What happen with the Labor Day race at Tnt speedway? I see Tnt is now on June 27th. Shawano speedway and dirt kings feuding?

UMPLM99s
01-01-2020, 04:13 PM
There are also no races at Seymour. The 3 races listed with WoO are not actually co-sanctioned with WoO.....per WoO! I assume they will have to come out with an amended schedule soon, relegating it to 11 races.

Zonks32x
01-01-2020, 05:02 PM
No offense to Shawano...seen some pretty good racing there, just NEVER with the Lates.

They also lost their August WoO date.

I'm sure the fact that nobody except Swedeberg, Anvelink, Berna, and Mother Nature win at the joint had something to do with the DK decision.

UMPLM99s
01-01-2020, 09:37 PM
It was Shawano's decision to not have a DK race in 2020! Shawano is having a 2 day unsanctioned special at the end of July instead....both nights paying $1500 to win for the LMs.

bullring
01-02-2020, 07:35 AM
Angell Park will be interesting

Krooser
01-02-2020, 10:22 AM
Backing away from DK and WoO won't hurt Shawano at all.

I'm sure WoO will be back on the schedule in the future.

Zonks32x
01-02-2020, 04:02 PM
Backing away from DK and WoO won't hurt Shawano at all.

I'm sure WoO will be back on the schedule in the future.

Don't count on it. There were only 23 cars at the WoO race in '19, only 22 started the feature, and Clanton won by nearly 3 seconds. Regional drivers who attended Shawano in the past have stopped coming, and Berna and other Shawano regulars didn't race.

Shawano claims they didn't want a DK race. I'm sure all the rule accomodations DK has to make in order for Shawano to host played a role. The truth is likely somewhere in the middle. Two sides to every story...

Regardless, what doesn't change is the fact that relatively flat 1/2 miles, like Shawano, make for bad open-motor DLM races more often than not. First big gun to get out front in clean air in the first 2 laps, wins.

Morgs153
01-03-2020, 12:33 PM
Shawano would host the closest dirt track special to where I live (about 50 miles west). I've gone to many races there and many of the specials but quit going a few years ago to the WoO dates. They were not races, they were car shows. Almost every heat race and feature race were settled on the first lap from either P1 or P2. After that, it was fast cars all going in the same direction with little or no passing. I also don't think the touring guys really tried too hard with the USA Nationals being at the end of the week after the traditional Shawano date. Why tear it up there when the big money was a few days away? This is not a knock against the fine folks who put on races at Shawano. I continue to go to the track but Zonks is right, the big flat half mile makes for a lousy open motor show. The best racing at Shawano is often the IMCA stocks and mods running on eight inch tires. I like the Dirt Kings schedule and I'll make it to several of those dates. I congratulate Jason for what he is trying to do with that series. DK has put on some very good races so far and the ticket value for the fans is a real deal.