PDA

View Full Version : Screven $20k February 8th

NeedforLMspeed
01-03-2020, 02:46 AM
I'm assuming that's not Crate? Who's going? WoO guys? Do guys leave East Bay and head there and back down to Volusia?

TerryM
01-03-2020, 04:13 AM
This is usually Screven's two-day WOO deal, so it will be interesting to see who shows up for this unsanctioned version. With $30,000 on the line, you'd think any non-Lucas drivers would be interested. We'll be there as always, but only on Saturday this year. Got an Eagles concert to attend in Atlanta the night before.

dirtcrazy4u
01-03-2020, 06:24 AM
There taking a shot in the dark in hoping if the purse is hi enough they will come. Being woo points are giving guys that don't tow to NM a way out, you mite see a lot of followers at screven. I think team zero will be there. It will be interesting to see what guys are going to break from series racing and run across country for easy pickings.

Dlmfan123
01-03-2020, 07:47 AM
I’d say 35-50 cars. Don’t think many big teams will leave East bay for it.

NeedforLMspeed
01-03-2020, 12:40 PM
People wanna watch racing but is a 1 day show with $20k there better than 2 $10k shows?

Dlmfan123
01-03-2020, 12:56 PM
People wanna watch racing but is a 1 day show with $20k there better than 2 $10k shows?It’s 10,000 Friday 20,000 saturday

Goodwrench
01-05-2020, 07:51 AM
If Red would move this race forward a few weeks this would be a home run. Warmer weather, lots of cars, tons of fans. Could be a win win. Just sucks this race continues to be scheduled against East Bay, definitely cannot blame this on WOO.

dirtcrazy4u
01-05-2020, 06:04 PM
Tons of fans ? Really ? You can count the number of people in the grandstands. If and that's a big if, you mite have 100 people in the main grandstand. We were freezing 2 yrs ago and they kept dragging and dragging the show out, the first woo heat never hit the track till after 10pm. The 4 cylinders is what he caters to because they show up in droves and bring fans into the pit area. By the way, no general admission, 1 ticket and of course it's the pit fee. Yea great promotor, LMAO

TerryM
01-05-2020, 06:30 PM
Tons of fans ? Really ? You can count the number of people in the grandstands. If and that's a big if, you mite have 100 people in the main grandstand. We were freezing 2 yrs ago and they kept dragging and dragging the show out, the first woo heat never hit the track till after 10pm. The 4 cylinders is what he caters to because they show up in droves and bring fans into the pit area. By the way, no general admission, 1 ticket and of course it's the pit fee. Yea great promotor, LMAO
We go every year. Lots of inaccuracy in your post.

Goodwrench
01-06-2020, 07:26 AM

My point exactly, move the race to a later date when it is warmer and there will be more than 100 fans in the stands.

Just bypass this race and come to East Bay, we will leave the light on for you.

bleedblue55
01-06-2020, 08:45 AM
I used to alternate between Screven and G. I. when they ran the same weekend. 2 years ago I decided I was tired of freezing my a$$ off in Georgia and went straight to East Bay for the crate late race on Saturday, no lookin back now.