PDA

View Full Version : Cade Dillard Bags First-Career World of Outlaws Victory

Ben Shelton
01-06-2020, 11:03 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 6, 2020

Cade Dillard Bags First-Career World of Outlaws Victory
Wild West Shootout Up Next

ROBELINE, La. (01/06/20) – It was an emotional milestone achievement for Cade Dillard on Sunday night at Vado Speedway Park in Vado, N.M.

The pilot of the S&S Fishing & Rental Inc. No. 97 MB Customs/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model captured the 75-lap Battle at the Border finale for a $15,000 payday and his first-career World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series triumph.

“Man, I’m speechless,” Dillard said in Victory Lane while wiping tears from his eyes. “Just to be out here with these guys in general is a blessing to me. I’ve lost a lot of these just for not being patient enough in the race, and probably the first 40 or so I just rode and tried not to hit the cushion unless I had to. I knew we were good when we could just run through the center of the track there at the beginning and not have to get up there and rely on the cushion.”

Dillard started the night off with a 10-lap heat race victory which would position him fourth on the starting grid for the main event. Slowly making his way to the front, Cade overtook Darrell Lanigan for second after a lap-48 restart and began setting his eyes on race-leader Brandon Sheppard.

Sliding ahead of Sheppard on lap 66, Dillard built more than a one-second margin over second-place in the remaining nine circuits to capture the win. Sheppard, Lanigan, Scott Bloomquist, and Ricky Weiss trailed Dillard to the checkered flag.

“That’s definitely the hardest I ever ran,” Dillard said. “There were a couple times I messed my entry up and got into the wall there. I actually thought it was 70 laps, so when we got to lap 69 and we just kept going I was like, ‘Oh, man, I don’t know if I’ve got five left in me. My crew guy told me I had a lead and I just kept running ‘er until about two to go and then I just played it a little more conservative.”

Earlier in the weekend, Dillard followed up the third fastest lap in his time trial group with a runner-up finish in his heat race on Friday night. Starting the $5,000-to-win preliminary A-Main in seventh, Cade dropped one spot in the 30-lap affair to place eighth.

The following night, Cade timed in second fastest in his group before streaking to an 8-lap heat race win. With another $5,000 payday on the line in the feature, Dillard fell four spots to record a sixth-place finish.

Dillard added, “A hats off to my crew for their hard work this weekend. Also, I’d like to say a special thanks to everyone, who supports our program.”

With the first weekend in the books, Cade currently sits fourth in the World of Outlaws Morton Buildings Late Model Series point standings. For the latest standings and more event details, please point your browser to www.WoOLMS.com.

The team is now set to enter the 14th Annual Keyser Manufacturing Wild West Shootout at FK Rod Ends Arizona Speedway (San Tan Valley, Ariz.) on January 11-19. More details on the six-race miniseries can be found at www.WildWestShootout.net.

Cade Dillard Racing would like to thank their marketing partners, which include S&S Fishing & Rental, Production Jars, Joel’s Auto Sales, Nichols Stores, KRD Pumping Services, MB Customs Racecars, Champion Oil, Mesilla Valley Transportation, Strength Roofing and Siding, Razor Edge Graphics, Bryan Cook Trucks, Kuda Kutrite, Hypercoil Springs, Fast Shafts, Day Motorsports, Wilwood Brakes, Wehrs Machine, Larry’s Performance Carburetors, Abilene Race Radiators, Jody’s Oilfield Service, Awalt Hot Oil Service and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Cade Dillard, please visit www.CadeDillard.com.