PDA

View Full Version : Info sources?

roughride
01-21-2020, 05:38 PM
What other websites or message boards do you go to for information? It seems like there is a lot of bashing and bickering on her anymore.
What kind of fields do you think well seen during Speed Weeks? It just doesn't seem like the hype is there this year? Let me know what you think.

NeedforLMspeed
01-21-2020, 05:42 PM
Twitter........

Highside Hustler25
01-22-2020, 06:54 AM
Twitter, Instagram, FB, Speedsport, DoD. Generally, anywhere but here nowadays. This place is slipping fast.

zooker25
01-22-2020, 06:59 AM
I think New Mexico and Arizona took some of the hype out of speed weeks. I'm looking forward to East bay but have not heard much about who will be there. It rarely disappoints though.

Pennsboro32
01-22-2020, 07:12 AM
Dirtondirt, Twitter mostly. This place went bad when they started banning the good guys.

NormP
01-23-2020, 12:51 PM
This place started going bad when people started using Facebook, twitter, Instagram, and other more up-to-date social media platforms. Traditional message boards like this one seem to be dying. Couple that with a mostly absentee landlord type of moderation, as well as some people being able to convince the moderators to ban others just because they don't like them, and it's all downhill.

But mostly it's because people have moved on to more modern types of communication.

Pennsboro32
01-23-2020, 01:25 PM
This place started going bad when people started using Facebook, twitter, Instagram, and other more up-to-date social media platforms. Traditional message boards like this one seem to be dying. Couple that with a mostly absentee landlord type of moderation, as well as some people being able to convince the moderators to ban others just because they don't like them, and it's all downhill.But mostly it's because people have moved on to more modern types of communication.Yep. I'd like to thank a certain someone for getting me banned last winter for simply disagreeing with him on a track prep matter at Screven winter freeze. Over the years, I have contributed a ton of information on this site and in one day I was booted. No warnings in the first 12 years of my 4m existence...

Barbecueboy
01-23-2020, 04:07 PM
Can't imagine who that would be.....welcome back.

BloomerWon
01-23-2020, 04:20 PM
Banning folks only makes things worse.

Illtsate32
01-23-2020, 06:56 PM
Ya Twitter, Facebook. All the info posted on this site is secondhand seen on one of those first...

fryefan
01-23-2020, 07:44 PM
(1) positivelyracing.com has an excellent calendar of events (upper midwest) and several bloggers that write excellent articles.

(2) stlracing.com also is informative and has a forum board.

(3) hoseheads.com has a lot of stuff if you like open-wheel cars (sprints, midgets, etc.)

fryefan
01-23-2020, 07:47 PM
Banning folks only makes things worse.

Personally, I disagree with that. There have certainly been posters in the past that deserved to be banned.

Also, the board is in current need of some moderation. Posters that act like juveniles should be prohibited from forums like this.

zyoung25
01-23-2020, 08:42 PM
I thought about starting a Facebook group that kinda goes along with the lines of this place. I'm in a few different type of racing groups on there, and there isn't near the childish hoopla we get on here. Sure, there are times where people don't agree and they go on about their business, that's part of it. I think it would just be a headache to moderate everything, and not every one uses Facebook. A good friend of mine ran a Hatfield/McCoy trail riding group that has 27k+ people in it. He just recently turned it over to a other guy because he said it was basically turning into another job.

Twitter is where it's at though for most general info.

MasterSbilt_Racer
01-24-2020, 05:30 AM
Ya Twitter, Facebook. All the info posted on this site is secondhand seen on one of those first...

I beg to differ.

TerryM
01-24-2020, 05:48 AM
DOD, Facebook, Twitter.

That's pretty much all you need.

Thedoctor
01-24-2020, 06:51 AM
I thought about starting a Facebook group that kinda goes along with the lines of this place. I'm in a few different type of racing groups on there, and there isn't near the childish hoopla we get on here. Sure, there are times where people don't agree and they go on about their business, that's part of it. I think it would just be a headache to moderate everything, and not every one uses Facebook. A good friend of mine ran a Hatfield/McCoy trail riding group that has 27k+ people in it. He just recently turned it over to a other guy because he said it was basically turning into another job.Twitter is where it's at though for most general info. It’s harder for people to run there mouths on Facebook when it shows there real name and picture. Everyone’s just hiding behind there screen names here.

BloomerWon
01-24-2020, 10:22 AM
Bingo!!^^^^ This is the root of all the problems on here. Except for a few, everyone is hidden in a screen name...

Illtsate32
01-24-2020, 11:03 AM
Exactly right people will find out who you are if you get out of pocket on fb...

foxfire2dirtracing
01-24-2020, 11:30 AM
Welcome back Pennsbiro32

NormP
01-24-2020, 12:15 PM
My screen name is my real name.

RiffRaf67
01-24-2020, 01:30 PM
Its not hiding, its called security. You should ALWAYS use an alias when you are on social media. ALWAYS, otherwise you just risk getting your ID stolen.