PDA

View Full Version : This writer owes Ryan Newman for reviving my interest in dirt racing

Returning to Dirt
02-18-2020, 09:12 PM
http://insidecircletrack.com/2020/02/i-owe-ryan-newman-for-reviving-my-interest-in-dirt-racing/

I attended the Scorcher at Bulls Gap in 2008 because Ryan Newman was supposed to be there

Raceready
02-19-2020, 12:57 AM
It is so sad that the very best talent that will ever get to Nasky had started out in the rough and tough world of DIRT. It is unfortionate that many of the very best in their series move on in the Naskar series only to end up in a low budget and or an uncompetitive team. Look at how a great champion WoO sprint car driver didn't win in a car that was named " The Penalty Box ", that being the Quaker State Buick. For Christs sake, even one of the greatest ever Ricky Rudd struggled in that crap hole unit ! mI will give Rudd all the credit in the world tho because when ol Arn Head tried to spin him out at North Wilksboro, Rudd was astute enough to turn right back into him to spin him out as well. A 3rd place running Kyle Petty who was also a lap down ended up winning ! Old Earney being the Azzhole that his fellow racers generally called him tried to lay the blame on poor Rickey! Dale blabbed " Nascar ought to suspend his license " even though each and every replay proved that it was the Arnhead that created the whole controversy.

dmr37
02-19-2020, 09:36 AM
I remember Newman racing at Grundy co. speedway in a midget