PDA

View Full Version : Brownstown - Lucas Oil race. race is still a go. Here's an UPDATE from track Facebook

HoosierDirtFan
03-15-2020, 01:22 PM
Brownstown Lucas Oil race op date - From the tracks Facebook page.

*PLEASE READ*
We have had an overwhelming amount of private messages sent concerning if we are going to run the Indiana Icebreaker or not. There is NO GUARANTEE your private messages will be answered this week. We make post such as this so you have our most recent information. Sending a private message as soon as we make a post is not going to make the information change from what we post for the public to see. Thank you for your understanding.

With that said, here is where we are at:

Brownstown Speedway is continuously monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 health concerns. As of now, it is our plan to race the Indiana Icebreaker and go on with our scheduled season as planned. Races that are sanctioned by groups such as the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series have a much bigger play when it comes to making decisions such as this. We are in close communications with them and are monitoring the situation together. We will continue to monitor the guidelines and recommendations that have been sent forth by officials at local, county, state, and federal, levels. Should we need to make changes to our schedule based on facts given to us by appropriate resources (Indiana government website and CDC site.. NOT what the media has posted), we will do so with the best interest of our fans, drivers, and staff in mind. In the event of any changes, a post will be made on out website www.brownstownspeedway.com and our Facebook page.

Right now, we are watching the weather just as close and hope mother nature stays on our side as well. This is a very busy and nerve wrecking week as it is with out the most recent pandemic events.

We also ask you to refrain from any negativity on our post. There is just simply no need in it. thank you for your understanding.

#neverstopwashingyourhands

GEAR_HEAD
03-15-2020, 03:57 PM
I say we rename the race the "Screw the Communist Dems 50".

TS FAN
03-15-2020, 04:15 PM
It will be canceled. We have shut down Ohio. A unbelievable overwhelming amount of people have contacted the disease. 26. Life as we know it is over.

GEAR_HEAD
03-15-2020, 04:42 PM
It will be canceled. We have shut down Ohio. A unbelievable overwhelming amount of people have contacted the disease. 26. Life as we know it is over.

Lol, oh no, not 26! It's the apocalypse! Let us pray that the Dems never regain power in any judicial branch, their reaction is always to panic and freak out. They love drama. They are not mentally capable of handling even small issues like the flu.

mcarter815
03-15-2020, 04:45 PM
It's likely way more than just 26. The United States is woefully behind the rest of the world on testing. South Korea is running as many tests each day as the U.S. has in total. Nobody knows exactly how many cases we really have, but the fact that new cases are showing up means that there are undetected infected people walking around in the community.

GEAR_HEAD
03-15-2020, 05:04 PM
It's likely way more than just 26. The United States is woefully behind the rest of the world on testing. South Korea is running as many tests each day as the U.S. has in total. Nobody knows exactly how many cases we really have, but the fact that new cases are showing up means that there are undetected infected people walking around in the community.

But the left is using it as a reason to turn us into communist America. Closing bars and restaurants? Taking away your freedoms? What the left is doing is dangerous and unconstitutional. They are forcing everyone to lose their jobs and become dependent on the government to survive.

Clayton_Wetters
03-15-2020, 05:12 PM
Meanwhile,, thousands are dying on the highways and smoking and, but let's keep them open for the taxes!!!

Not to mention flues.

TheJet-09
03-15-2020, 05:15 PM
I hope at least some of these races take place (such as the MARS opener in two weeks), either by finding a loop hole in the current restrictions, or just plain saying "no" and standing up to the paranoid powers that be.

And I bet they profit big time, because they'll be the only show in town!

ZERO25
03-15-2020, 05:25 PM
Meanwhile,, thousands are dying on the highways and smoking and, but let's keep them open for the taxes!!!

Not to mention flues.

Don't forget the 3,0000 that the Dems agenda murder every day!...….I guess that doesn't count! smh

GEAR_HEAD
03-15-2020, 05:26 PM
I hope at least some of these races take place (such as the MARS opener in two weeks), either by finding a loop hole in the current restrictions, or just plain saying "no" and standing up to the paranoid powers that be.

And I bet they profit big time, because they'll be the only show in town!

All the more reason to support any shows near you that are running to fight the good fight.

mcarter815
03-15-2020, 05:27 PM

Not to mention flues.

Covid-19 has an R0 of 2+, which means that it can spread exponentially. This can go from not a big deal to catastrophic very quickly. What's happening in Italy could very easily happen here. We don't have nearly enough ICU beds if this really takes off.

ZERO25
03-15-2020, 05:31 PM
Covid-19 has an R0 of 2+, which means that it can spread exponentially. This can go from not a big deal to catastrophic very quickly. What's happening in Italy could very easily happen here. We don't have nearly enough ICU beds if this really takes off.

And a whopping 81,000 cases outa 1.4 billion people in CHINA! Over-hyped cold virus, nothing else!

mcarter815
03-15-2020, 05:37 PM
China did a lot more to lock it down than Italy did and than what we are doing.

TS FAN
03-15-2020, 06:32 PM
Ok, so we are locked down. There you have it

WisWildManFan
03-15-2020, 08:06 PM
Italy has almost 25% of its population over the age of 65. Most of their deaths were 80 and 90 year olds. Locking down the US is going to cripple the economy which will do way more damage than this virus would have ever done alone. Man made recession.

GEAR_HEAD
03-15-2020, 08:15 PM
Health experts say 85% of Americans will have little or no symptoms. Only the elderly and people with underlying issues are at risk. Those people need to be isolated. So it's up to the 85% of us to keep the economy from crashing, but we need to be allowed to do so. The communist Dems are trying to keep us from doing that.

STRONGERTHANDIRT
03-15-2020, 08:36 PM
Futures are set open lower. Another big drop tomorrow.

mcarter815
03-15-2020, 09:36 PM
Health experts say 85% of Americans will have little or no symptoms. Only the elderly and people with underlying issues are at risk. Those people need to be isolated. So it's up to the 85% of us to keep the economy from crashing, but we need to be allowed to do so. The communist Dems are trying to keep us from doing that.

15% is millions of people.

WisWildManFan
03-15-2020, 09:45 PM
Coronavirus us deaths to date 65, Chicago 2019 murders 490

STRONGERTHANDIRT
03-15-2020, 09:50 PM
My wife is scheduled for a colonoscopy tomorrow morning. She's almost 64. Is it a waste of time and money??? Listening to the news us older folks are toast.

mcarter815
03-15-2020, 09:51 PM
Coronavirus us deaths to date 65, Chicago 2019 murders 490

It’s just starting.

GEAR_HEAD
03-15-2020, 09:55 PM
15% is millions of people.

That's only the percentage that have symptoms. Not the death rate. Big difference. But it makes more sense to do what some countries are doing, which is isolate the high risk population and encourage crowds so that everyone gets it and builds up an immunity to it and then it's gone.

Stefan2k4
03-15-2020, 10:12 PM
My wife is scheduled for a colonoscopy tomorrow morning. She's almost 64. Is it a waste of time and money??? Listening to the news us older folks are toast.

I'm not a doctor and won't give you or your wife medical advice, but colonoscopies do save lives. Colony cancer can come from precancerous polyps that are often detected and removed during colonoscopies. I suspect that colon cancer has a slightly higher fatality rate than corona virus.

mcarter815
03-15-2020, 10:14 PM
That's only the percentage that have symptoms. Not the death rate. Big difference. But it makes more sense to do what some countries are doing, which is isolate the high risk population and encourage crowds so that everyone gets it and builds up an immunity to it and then it's gone.

No, 15% get a serious illness. A higher percentage get mild flu-like symptoms with a small percentage being asymptomatic.

GEAR_HEAD
03-15-2020, 10:20 PM
No, 15% get a serious illness. A higher percentage get mild flu-like symptoms with a small percentage being asymptomatic.

But it makes more sense for everyone that is healthy to just get it and build up an immunity to it.

WisWildManFan
03-16-2020, 05:32 AM
I knew America had gotten soft as I have been growing older but I really didn’t know it was this bad. Anti bullying campaigns and bubble wrapping the youth of this nation has turned 90% of them into pu$$ies. It’s pathetic.

bullittwrench
03-16-2020, 06:08 AM
If Port Royal is running next Saturday, we will be there.

Clayton_Wetters
03-16-2020, 02:39 PM

Sounds like you are actually wanting Corona to be a big disaster. Anything to hurt Trump, right?

Clayton_Wetters
03-16-2020, 02:46 PM
The forecast right now for Saturday is no rain but only 40 degrees for a high. Maybe a new name for this race could bring warmer weather??? lol

golddirt
03-16-2020, 08:59 PM
And no race

GEAR_HEAD
03-16-2020, 09:17 PM
On the bright side the weather will likely be MUCH nicer in May than it will be this weekend.

mcarter815
03-16-2020, 09:52 PM
Sounds like you are actually wanting Corona to be a big disaster. Anything to hurt Trump, right?

There is no happiness here. I’m just repeating what the epidemiologists are saying.

racincowboy02
03-16-2020, 11:06 PM
I saw a report that 2 PA race tracks were racing this past weekend and the governor was asked about shutting them down and he said he wouldn't force them to close

Dlmfan123
03-16-2020, 11:23 PM
I saw a report that 2 PA race tracks were racing this past weekend and the governor was asked about shutting them down and he said he wouldn't force them to close3 tracks, Lincoln Williams grove and port royal. There all planning on running this weekend. But the weather doesn’t look the greatest

racincowboy02
03-16-2020, 11:32 PM
https://lucasdirt.com/news/latest-news/2020-news/lucas-oil-late-model-dirt-series-postpones-events-for-30-days

TackyTracker
03-16-2020, 11:39 PM
my job may shut down..

if they run it the place will be jammed

might just drive down myself to go

Clayton_Wetters
03-17-2020, 02:42 PM
Be sure and bring your own TP!!!

NWPA
03-17-2020, 03:03 PM
All 3 PA tracks have canceled for this weekend.

Clayton_Wetters
03-18-2020, 02:36 PM
THIS SATURDAY'S ICEBREAKER POSTPONED TO MAY 9th
The "23rd Annual Indiana Icebreaker" will not be run this Saturday March 21st, but is rescheduled to May 9th.

Clayton_Wetters
03-23-2020, 05:30 PM
Sat., March 28th

"12th Annual No Way Out 40"

410 Non-Wing Sprint Cars

plus Super Late Models and Modifieds

***CANCELLED***