PDA

View Full Version : How much will coronavirus impact dirt racing?

Returning to Dirt
03-16-2020, 10:18 AM
https://insidedirtracing.com/turn-2-blog-how-much-will-coronavirus-impact-dirt-racing/

Postponements and cancellations will almost certainly take their toll

hardracer32
03-16-2020, 10:31 AM
I'm thinking maybe if we get this thing under control and turn the tide soon, that it won't affect things much more than a couple of rainouts would. I'm praying for a quick recovery for all those affected, both economically and healthwise.

Josh Bayko
03-16-2020, 10:48 AM
I think by June we’ll all be like “Wow, that was a serious overreaction”. Most people won’t realize that the virus is mostly gone because of the overreaction.

One Man Gang
03-16-2020, 11:10 AM
May happen before June

mcarter815
03-16-2020, 11:20 AM
We'll probably see reduced car counts in the short term once we get past the peak infection rate because of racers being out of work and having bills to pay.

NeedforLMspeed
03-16-2020, 11:25 AM
I don't notice anything different in my area other than a little less traffic. But that's slightly a good thing because it's awful this time of year

WisWildManFan
03-16-2020, 12:36 PM
local walmart looks like zombie apocalypse... no frozen foods, no soups, no ground beef, no chicken. Shelves are empty.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-16-2020, 12:44 PM
local walmart looks like zombie apocalypse... no frozen foods, no soups, no ground beef, no chicken. Shelves are empty.

Every store in my area is that way.

TerryM
03-16-2020, 01:39 PM
We’ve been to four different stores since the middle of last week. Other than cleaning supplies, paper towels, toilet paper, etc., we aren’t seeing anything unusual yet. All foods appear to be fully stocked everywhere. It feels like it does here in September when hurricane season arrives — except people want cleaning supplies instead of food and water. All I know is ... if you aren’t taking this seriously, you are some special kind of stupid. It’s not hype. It’s not political. It’s not fake news. It’s real.

WisWildManFan
03-16-2020, 01:55 PM
i'd take it seriously if I read a single news story on one young healthy American dying

Barbecueboy
03-16-2020, 02:06 PM
A special kind of stupid is putting someone on ignore ......then stalking their profile after you do.

Morgs153
03-16-2020, 02:48 PM
Yeah I'm really hoping that we get over a hump in about 6-8 weeks where we start to get back to a normalcy. I'm thinking that once warm weather gets to us, the time cushion created by all these bans has done its job and we can still enjoy racing.

My concerns are for a lot of my friends who own bars and restaurants. Up here in Wisconsin, those are family affairs in a lot of regards. The bar and supper club culture up here is a big part of life and I don't want it to get to where they get closed down or put them in a hurt.

For race tracks too. If we can get things moving toward normal early enough it might only be like a couple rain outs. For that matter, crowds might be eager to come back to something after government imposed cabin fever. Some tracks have some very thin margins to work in so here's hoping things don't go too long.

TS FAN
03-16-2020, 03:19 PM
No entertainment of any kind for 8 weeks and this should be interesting. No eating out, no movies, no nothing that could be considered fun. Yep, this should work.

TS FAN
03-16-2020, 03:21 PM
This might help stop the virus but it also may well destroy the economy and job market spiraling into for world wide depression worse than the 1930's. We will see.

Clayton_Wetters
03-16-2020, 03:43 PM
No entertainment of any kind for 8 weeks and this should be interesting. No eating out, no movies, no nothing that could be considered fun. Yep, this should work.

No Antifa protests either???

STRONGERTHANDIRT
03-16-2020, 03:57 PM
At his press conference Trump intimated this could last through July into August, they just don't know. Dow down 3000 points.

lurker
03-16-2020, 04:00 PM
This might help stop the virus but it also may well destroy the economy and job market spiraling into for world wide depression worse than the 1930's. We will see.

Yep!! Nailed it!!

Thedoctor
03-16-2020, 04:29 PM
There will probably be quite a few divorces in the next couple months. Couples actually might have to spend time together.

HoosierDirtFan
03-16-2020, 04:47 PM
Josh Bayko

I absolutely agree with your post #3 on this thread.

zyoung25
03-16-2020, 06:07 PM
Every store in my area is that way.

It's like that over here in my area. They can't keep mainly toilet paper and cold/pain meds on the shelves. I haven't figured out the toilet paper thing yet. They take all the toilet paper, and leave the food. I've always thought you need food to make a turd 🤔

NeedforLMspeed
03-16-2020, 06:21 PM
It's like that over here in my area. They can't keep mainly toilet paper and cold/pain meds on the shelves. I haven't figured out the toilet paper thing yet. They take all the toilet paper, and leave the food. I've always thought you need food to make a turd 樂

I'm sure one of the many "experts" on here in several "genres" will come and enlighten us. : )

Barbecueboy
03-16-2020, 07:18 PM
It's like that over here in my area. They can't keep mainly toilet paper and cold/pain meds on the shelves. I haven't figured out the toilet paper thing yet. They take all the toilet paper, and leave the food. I've always thought you need food to make a turd 樂

Most of the ones hoarding toilet paper are already so full of crap they need it anyway.....food or not.

Driver50x
03-16-2020, 07:45 PM
I haven’t figured out the toilet paper hoarding thing either. Is that the most important thing Folks need to survive?!

One Man Gang
03-16-2020, 08:44 PM
When I was a kid people hoarded Sears and Roebuck catalogs for toilet paper but nowadays people got to be Charmin clean most these youngsters wouldn’t even know you could wipe your @ss on a magazine page. I’ve heard my parents talk about using corn cobs when they was growing up.

Barbecueboy
03-16-2020, 09:23 PM
If you cut a roll of paper towels in half it makes 2 rolls of very absorbing toilet paper......just sayin.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-16-2020, 09:49 PM
If you cut a roll of paper towels in half it makes 2 rolls of very absorbing toilet paper......just sayin.

Plumbers like that line of thinking.

foxfire2dirtracing
03-16-2020, 09:50 PM
Hillbilly Toilet Paper
Instructions: 1- use red corn cob
2- use white corncob to determine if another red one is needed

NeedforLMspeed
03-16-2020, 09:57 PM
I saw one earlier today "Is a tortilla shell flushable" lol

racincowboy02
03-16-2020, 11:33 PM
https://lucasdirt.com/news/latest-news/2020-news/lucas-oil-late-model-dirt-series-postpones-events-for-30-days

HIGH ROLLER
03-17-2020, 01:26 AM
Hillbilly Toilet Paper
Instructions: 1- use red corn cob
2- use white corncob to determine if another red one is needed

I believe this is also called SMOOTH 32 TP

Barbecueboy
03-17-2020, 08:04 AM
Plumbers like that line of thinking.

Touché......

Clayton_Wetters
03-17-2020, 02:37 PM

Your toilet stool will soon revolt to paper towels though!