PDA

View Full Version : Coronavirus

DarrellGoode
03-27-2020, 01:15 PM
Will there even be racing the rest of this year?

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-27-2020, 01:19 PM
Will there even be racing the rest of this year?

I believe we will have 2 months of racing. Not consecutive. We will see.

Pennsboro32
03-27-2020, 01:38 PM
We'll be racing in mid May.

GEAR_HEAD
03-27-2020, 01:46 PM
We have to get on with our lives at some point. We can't let terrorist China win.

CIRF
03-27-2020, 01:52 PM
I believe we will have 2 months of racing. Not consecutive. We will see.

We're moving in the right direction, right Adolf?!

Lotta' old people dyin' from the Chinese virus, that should have your spirit soaring!

t4g2
03-27-2020, 02:08 PM
Races will be state by state on when they start. For now illinios keeps doubling in New cases daily. Until they get that under control won't be much going on here. My business attends 13 trade shows and all have been canceled up to late June.

Dlmfan123
03-27-2020, 02:14 PM
We have to get on with our lives at some point. We can't let terrorist China win.I agree with the first part

Clayton_Wetters
03-27-2020, 02:43 PM
I agree with both parts....

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-27-2020, 03:18 PM
We're moving in the right direction, right Adolf?!

Lotta' old people dyin' from the Chinese virus, that should have your spirit soaring!

Maybe you can give one a lung?

smoothoperator32
03-27-2020, 03:27 PM
No in my opinion racing is over for the year. They will need to get a cure and control the virus before any racing can take place. I don't think anyone would put a race on even in an area that is not a high infected area and take a chance someone coming from another state and infecting alot of people.

Clayton_Wetters
03-27-2020, 03:34 PM
Maybe popcorn will be discovered as a cure!!!

warrior18
03-27-2020, 03:35 PM
Boys, it don't look good! I just watched the news for the first time in about a week. Sounds like this could go on for a long time...

Pennsboro32
03-27-2020, 05:12 PM
Boys, it don't look good! I just watched the news for the first time in about a week. Sounds like this could go on for a long time...Your first problem was watching the news. They don’t know anymore than what we know.

racenut
03-27-2020, 05:18 PM
nope, no more racing in 2020....Congrats to your 2020 WoO AND LUCAS Champion Brandon Sheppard!

Highside Hustler25
03-27-2020, 05:33 PM
nope, no more racing in 2020....Congrats to your 2020 WoO AND LUCAS Champion Brandon Sheppard!

lol. That would be a first.

zyoung25
03-27-2020, 06:01 PM
Im not claiming to know anything at all, I dont even read much about is has went on with the virus. I feel like once it warms up, and stays hot, not this up and down junk, we will see it start to level off, it's just common sense. Viruses have a hard time surviving in hot humid weather, we have yet to see that anywhere yet. Australias numbers are down, and they're just coming out of their summer months to where it's very hot and humid. I'm not going to count out the whole season though. Im not going to count on seeing anything til late May early June, at least in my area. I'm sure all the 4m doctors, surgeons, statisticians, and nurse practitioners will tell me I'm wrong or whatever, that is just my opinion.

GEAR_HEAD
03-27-2020, 06:05 PM
Boys, it don't look good! I just watched the news for the first time in about a week. Sounds like this could go on for a long time...

Who listens to the news? It's all lefty propaganda. They want another great depression so that they can control every aspect of our lives. Meanwhile the rest of us just want to move on from this garbage. We can't let terrorism win.

One Man Gang
03-27-2020, 06:51 PM
Im not claiming to know anything at all, I dont even read much about is has went on with the virus. I feel like once it warms up, and stays hot, not this up and down junk, we will see it start to level off, it's just common sense. Viruses have a hard time surviving in hot humid weather, we have yet to see that anywhere yet. Australias numbers are down, and they're just coming out of their summer months to where it's very hot and humid. I'm not going to count out the whole season though. Im not going to count on seeing anything til late May early June, at least in my area. I'm sure all the 4m doctors, surgeons, statisticians, and nurse practitioners will tell me I'm wrong or whatever, that is just my opinion.
That’s what I’ve been thinking all along when it gets warmer weather It’ll die out like the flu. Who knows but d@mmit I sure hope it does !

t4g2
03-27-2020, 06:59 PM
I'd think warmer weather would help but if that's the case why is California and flordia cases still rising? And 2 of my shows was to be in Florida and they have been canceled even the one in mid June.

mcarter815
03-27-2020, 08:06 PM
It'll likely die down as we get into the summer, but I expect it to return in a second wave in the fall. It's going to continue to be an issue until a vaccine has been approved.

wells9
03-27-2020, 08:26 PM
I am so tired of hearing how fast they say this is spreading. Now if more and more test are available only common sense tells us that there are going to be more cases. Right? And there saying when this passes, its not ever going to be past us, this will now be with us forever. Just like the flu, aids, chicken pox and every other virus or disease. Now sure there will be a vaccine to help but lets look at how many get the flu vaccine and then how many deaths are still contributed from the flu? Yes we all still need to do our part to help slow this down. Just my opinion. Be safe everyone and hopefully lets go racing soon!

TerryM
03-27-2020, 08:29 PM
I'd think warmer weather would help but if that's the case why is California and flordia cases still rising? And 2 of my shows was to be in Florida and they have been canceled even the one in mid June.
We’ve been in the 80s in South Georgia for a few weeks now, yet the virus is spreading through this state like crazy.

B_K
03-27-2020, 08:38 PM
Racing by June.

4PIZZAMAN44
03-27-2020, 08:40 PM
Racing by June.two words---- election year

Clayton_Wetters
03-27-2020, 08:59 PM
two words---- election year

Part of the "new normal"..

weatherman85
03-27-2020, 09:12 PM
2nd wave in fall would only be bad for people that aren’t getting it. A lot of the ones surviving are showing immunity numbers of antibodies that will last 1-2years. They could last even longer just not able to predict with out looking at numbers again in blood after couple of years. They’ve actually started taking plasma from the blood of survivors and started injecting it in extreme cases in NYC. Could help lead to a vaccine.

B_K
03-27-2020, 09:21 PM
I get the election year stuff, but you simply can’t quarantine the freest country in the world for 6-8 months. It won’t happen. The economic impact would be catastrophic and permanent in some cases. Packed churches by Easter isn’t a real possibility, but neither is six more months of this IMO.

You don’t cure viruses, you treat them. Hopefully with the brightest minds in the world working on this, they’ll find a treatment soon then follow with a vaccine within a year or so.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-29-2020, 11:07 AM
I am so tired of hearing how fast they say this is spreading. Now if more and more test are available only common sense tells us that there are going to be more cases. Right? And there saying when this passes, its not ever going to be past us, this will now be with us forever. Just like the flu, aids, chicken pox and every other virus or disease. Now sure there will be a vaccine to help but lets look at how many get the flu vaccine and then how many deaths are still contributed from the flu? Yes we all still need to do our part to help slow this down. Just my opinion. Be safe everyone and hopefully lets go racing soon!

More testing means more confirmed cases, yes. I tend to look at it like this. If there are Y number of people in the hospital with it, there are Y*5 number of people with it in the general population.

GEAR_HEAD
03-29-2020, 02:03 PM
More testing means more confirmed cases, yes. I tend to look at it like this. If there are Y number of people in the hospital with it, there are Y*5 number of people with it in the general population.

Good point, but considering 80% of people show few or no symptoms, that number could very well be Y*80. If you thought you had a cold in the last couple months it could have been the virus, but who would go get tested if you had cold symptoms or no symptoms? Half of us could have had it already and not known. And until they can do widespread testing for the antibodies we'll never know. If half of us had it and and recovered already we'd actually be much better off than we think we are. The people who had it and recovered can go back to their normal lives without risk.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-29-2020, 02:23 PM
Good point, but considering 80% of people show few or no symptoms, that number could very well be Y*80. If you thought you had a cold in the last couple months it could have been the virus, but who would go get tested if you had cold symptoms or no symptoms? Half of us could have had it already and not known. And until they can do widespread testing for the antibodies we'll never know. If half of us had it and and recovered already we'd actually be much better off than we think we are. The people who had it and recovered can go back to their normal lives without risk.

The data from China supports Y*5. My Y*5 comes from the 80%. It means 4/5 don't need a hospital visit. We also have the Diamond Princess cruise ship as a great case study. It was essentially a captive audience. Every person was tested. All the data is right there. Its not a huge case study, but it tells a lot.

weatherman85
03-29-2020, 02:37 PM
The ones that may have had it and shown no symptoms could still be at risk of getting it again at a more severe level. Think of it like the chicken pox. You get a very mild case of it as a kid, you could actually get it again. It’s only when you get a major case of it that immunity is likely. Again though, hard to say until a fair amount of antibody data is gathered from survivors and over time.

t4g2
03-29-2020, 07:39 PM
things pushed back til April 30th now

t4g2
03-29-2020, 07:50 PM
things pushed back til April 30th now

intel8
03-29-2020, 11:59 PM
My guess is no racing until mid June. JMO, stay safe my friends.

shaferz
03-30-2020, 08:43 AM
Will be quite interesting to see how this plays out. We normally stay local at FALS - but we do go out to Eldora for the entire week of the Dream in June, plus go out for the entire week of the World 100.

I am worried about FALS first, but for us personally, it's not a huge deal either way. If they race, we camp. If they don't race, then we just stay at home or camp in the driveway. With Eldora though - thats a big trip for us. I have growing concern that The Dream will not happen in June if we don't start turning a corner soon in regards to this virus.

The sooner everyone does their part and stays home, the sooner things will get back to 'normal' (whatever the hell that even means anymore.)

dirtMAN007
03-30-2020, 08:57 AM
It'll likely die down as we get into the summer, but I expect it to return in a second wave in the fall. It's going to continue to be an issue until a vaccine has been approved.

and you are hoping tat takes at least 18 months ?

mcarter815
03-30-2020, 09:30 AM
and you are hoping tat takes at least 18 months ?

Why would I hope for that?

dirtMAN007
03-30-2020, 09:42 AM

i don't know , why would anyone hope for that !!!!! Unless ..................................... never mind !

PushinTheLimit
03-30-2020, 11:52 AM
I seen where the Indy 500 was moved to mid-August, and I can only imagine that date was picked for a specific reason. The thought that things might be back to some sort of normalcy by mid to late July since that's pretty much a 2-3 week event usually (if they follow the same type of schedule that they normally do). I first thought by May things would get back to normal... but I just don't see it.

Barbecueboy
03-30-2020, 01:36 PM
So you can say you were spot on with your toilet paper purchases????

That and so you can continue to hope America fails on trumps watch.

Prove me wrong.

mcarter815
03-30-2020, 02:00 PM
So you can say you were spot on with your toilet paper purchases????

That and so you can continue to hope America fails on trumps watch.

Prove me wrong.

You're living in a fantasy world.

Barbecueboy
03-30-2020, 04:32 PM
And you're living in America.......you should act like it.

mcarter815
03-30-2020, 05:55 PM
And you're living in America.......you should act like it.

What exactly does that mean?

It's weird that you're so obsessed with me.

Highside Hustler25
03-30-2020, 06:08 PM

My guess would be, if you're that miserable, leave. All you need is a passport. Just a guess.

mcarter815
03-30-2020, 07:08 PM
My guess would be, if you're that miserable, leave. All you need is a passport. Just a guess.

I'm not that miserable. He just thinks I am for some weird reason.

dirtMAN007
03-30-2020, 07:38 PM
I'm not that miserable. He just thinks I am for some weird reason.

But you do hate America !

mcarter815
03-30-2020, 08:25 PM
But you do hate America !

Not true at all. I do dislike some Americans, though. Just like you do.

Barbecueboy
03-30-2020, 08:30 PM
He's more of a fair weather fan of sorts........

153J
03-30-2020, 08:48 PM
thank you all for the comic relief

watching this circus burn is hilarious

dirtMAN007
03-30-2020, 08:52 PM
thank you all for the comic relief

watching this circus burn is hilarious

And I thought the STRANGER was when you sat on your hand until it fell asleep........ and then used that hand to ...........well ..............!

jr29
03-31-2020, 12:05 PM

Conservatives had eight years to leave during the Obama administration. See how the "if you don't love it, leave it" game works ?

jr29
03-31-2020, 12:10 PM
Not true at all. I do dislike some Americans, though. Just like you do.

Many conservatives view dissent as unpatriotic.

Barbecueboy
03-31-2020, 12:14 PM
Conservatives had eight years to leave during the Obama administration. See how the "if you don't love it, leave it" game works ?
But not a single one of them tried to get him removed from office for nonsensical reasons.....I don't recall any of them pouting and whining or trying to organize their base to have him removed from office just because they lost either....

They may not have loved him , but they seemed to just work harder and got somebody in place that beat the crap out of the anointed one that was a shoe in to take obamas place.

Beat them at their own game as it were.

Barbecueboy
03-31-2020, 12:17 PM
Many conservatives view dissent as unpatriotic.

Only when it is......fwiw.

Many liberals don't view conservatives dissent as accountability.....they view it as " why is he against me getting free stuff"

BloomerWon
03-31-2020, 12:18 PM

Don't recall any conservatives threatening to leave during the Obama years...

Barbecueboy
03-31-2020, 12:45 PM

Nope......don't recall any pouting, whining, temper tantrums or anything like what's going on these days.

Just remember them getting a better candidate with a better platform together.

And he won.....because the dems were lazy.......I know, shocking right?

jr29
03-31-2020, 01:08 PM

Way to miss the point.

jr29
03-31-2020, 01:09 PM
But not a single one of them tried to get him removed from office for nonsensical reasons.....I don't recall any of them pouting and whining or trying to organize their base to have him removed from office just because they lost either....

They may not have loved him , but they seemed to just work harder and got somebody in place that beat the crap out of the anointed one that was a shoe in to take obamas place.

Oh....no one said his whole presidency was illegitimate because he was born in Kenya.
And 100,000 didn't organize and protest in DC because of national debt.

Wait....both those things happened.

jr29
03-31-2020, 01:11 PM
Where are all those fiscal conservatives now ?
It only seems to be a problem if a Democrat is the one spending the money.

BloomerWon
03-31-2020, 01:18 PM
Way to miss the point.

Way to disregard spot on...

jr29
03-31-2020, 01:21 PM
Way to disregard spot on...

The next time a Democrat is elected we can tell you to pack up and leave if you don't like it. We can play that game forever.

mcarter815
03-31-2020, 01:27 PM

You don't remember McConnell talking about making Obama a one-term president? You don't remember the endless House hearings that resulted on nothing involving Fast and Furious, Benghazi, or Emails? Those hearings ended up being a lot of nothing.

The Republicans aren't innocent either.

BloomerWon
03-31-2020, 01:42 PM
The next time a Democrat is elected we can tell you to pack up and leave if you don't like it. We can play that game forever.

It'll be a very long time before a Dem becomes potus again. We'll be hearing the whining forever...

Clayton_Wetters
03-31-2020, 01:42 PM

So a president and congress should do nothing about the virus. Please answer!!!!

Clayton_Wetters
03-31-2020, 01:44 PM
It'll be a very long time before a Dem becomes potus again. We'll be hearing the whining forever...

Very long as in NEVER is now imperative. The Globalists and Communists must be stopped.

Barbecueboy
03-31-2020, 01:44 PM

He missed the point? But yet you said this??? Guess I missed it too.

Barbecueboy
03-31-2020, 01:49 PM
Oh....no one said his whole presidency was illegitimate because he was born in Kenya.
And 100,000 didn't organize and protest in DC because of national debt.

Wait....both those things happened.

Correct..... But according to the Obama administration the national debt was inherited from bush and most of those folks marching weren't republicans....and the folks that claimed he was born in Kenya never tried to impeach him for it because the ones making the claims knew it was bull shot and would have never put the good of the country second.

Just like the ones that accused trump of collusion or quid knew it was Bull shot too.

Only difference is , they went ahead with trying to remove him from office anyway.

Clayton_Wetters
03-31-2020, 01:50 PM

It means you don't act like you support this nation as founded.

Barbecueboy
03-31-2020, 01:51 PM

Because they dems only spend it on themselves and their own programs......that's the huge difference.

mcarter815
03-31-2020, 01:51 PM
It means you don't act like you support this nation as founded.

I think I know more about the history of this country than you do.

Highside Hustler25
03-31-2020, 01:53 PM

You bet. Works both ways. Big difference is, I never whined and cried when Obama was pres. My feelings are it is what it is. The president is elected by the majority. If my guy loses, I don't go on a rant like some on here. I rarely post anything political. No matter who's in the WH, I'm still gonna put my pants on the same way, go to work, and earn a living.
My advise to a lot of the political whiners is, instead of blowing smoke and crying like a 2 year old, get into politics and make a difference. Only problem is, most don't have enough motivation to put their dentures in when they get out of bed.

jr29
03-31-2020, 01:53 PM
Correct..... But according to the Obama administration the national debt was inherited from bush and most of those folks marching weren't republicans....and the folks that claimed he was born in Kenya never tried to impeach him for it because the ones making the claims knew it was bull shot and would have never put the good of the country second.

Just like the ones that accused trump of collusion or quid knew it was Bull shot too.

Only difference is , they went ahead with trying to remove him from office anyway.

The ones claiming it like....oh...I don't know. ....Donald Trump.

Barbecueboy
03-31-2020, 01:55 PM
You don't remember McConnell talking about making Obama a one-term president? You don't remember the endless House hearings that resulted on nothing involving Fast and Furious, Benghazi, or Emails? Those hearings ended up being a lot of nothing.

I don't recall them trying to impeach Hillary as president for Benghazi or the emails......

And I sure as hell don't remember McConnell trying to impeach Obama over nothing.

And don't look now, Bengahzi got folks killed by politicians that lied and covered up their involvement......that's not over yet.

Nobody said the republicans are innocent bud, just that they aren't Whiney little bichz when the lose.

jr29
03-31-2020, 01:56 PM
You bet. Works both ways. Big difference is, I never whined and cried when Obama was pres. My feelings are it is what it is. The president is elected by the majority. If my guy loses, I don't go on a rant like some on here. I rarely post anything political. No matter who's in the WH, I'm still gonna put my pants on the same way, go to work, and earn a living.
My advise to a lot of the political whiners is, instead of blowing smoke and crying like a 2 year old, get into politics and make a difference. Only problem is, most don't have enough motivation to put their dentures in when they get out of bed.

You may not have, but there was eight years of belly aching during the Obama administration.
FWIW....I didn't love Obama. I liked him ok and he was exponentially better than the guy we have now, but I didn't love him.

jr29
03-31-2020, 01:57 PM
I don't recall them trying to impeach Hillary as president for Benghazi or the emails......

And I sure as hell don't remember McConnell trying to impeach Obama over nothing.

And don't look now, Bengahzi got folks killed by politicians that lied and covered up their involvement......that's not over yet.

Nobody said the republicans are innocent bud, just that they aren't Whiney little bichz when the lose.

Benghazi has been investigated to death by republicans and democrats. The only ones who can't let it go are Trump, Fox News and the people who worship them.

Barbecueboy
03-31-2020, 01:58 PM
The ones claiming it like....oh...I don't know. ....Donald Trump.

Yup.....and nobody took him serious or up on the offers of organizing a sham investigation.

And then he got elected anyway because your girl sucked and you guys got lazy.

How's that for karma?

jr29
03-31-2020, 02:00 PM
So a president and congress should do nothing about the virus. Please answer!!!!

We needed a stimulus bill.
It's the three years of unprecedented debt increase before this that Trump and his supporters don't like to address.

Barbecueboy
03-31-2020, 02:00 PM
Benghazi has been investigated to death by republicans and democrats. The only ones who can't let it go are Trump, Fox News and the people who worship them.

Wanna make a small wager on that?

jr29
03-31-2020, 02:01 PM
Yup.....and nobody took him serious or up on the offers of organizing a sham investigation.

And then he got elected anyway because your girl sucked and you guys got lazy.

How's that for karma?

I didn't get lazy but Hillary and her campaign did.
See how a person can concede a point ?

jr29
03-31-2020, 02:02 PM
Wanna make a small wager on that?

I don't gamble. It's a sin.
I heard the Magic Pillow guy tell me to read the bible so I'm changing my ways.

Barbecueboy
03-31-2020, 02:07 PM
I think I know more about the history of this country than you do.

You did it again........nobody heard a thing after that second word.

Barbecueboy
03-31-2020, 02:09 PM
I didn't get lazy but Hillary and her campaign did.
See how a person can concede a point ?

Conceding a point only after you're in checkmate doesn't really count as a concession does it?

jr29
03-31-2020, 02:13 PM
Conceding a point only after you're in checkmate doesn't really count as a concession does it?

Trump won the election. You didn't "get me".
Carter won one.
Roosevelt won four.
Wanna talk about why those guys won those elections too ?

Barbecueboy
03-31-2020, 02:13 PM
I don't gamble. It's a sin.
I heard the Magic Pillow guy tell me to read the bible so I'm changing my ways.

Did you gamble prior to being ministered too by the magic pillow guy?

Barbecueboy
03-31-2020, 02:16 PM
Trump won the election. You didn't "get me".
Carter won one.
Roosevelt won four.
Wanna talk about why those guys won those elections too ?

I was talking about your concession and admission of the dem party getting lazy.....

Something that you reluctantly now admit.

jr29
03-31-2020, 02:18 PM
I was talking about your concession and admission of the dem party getting lazy.....

Something that you reluctantly now admit.

I wasn't reluctant at all. She never went to Wisconsin and that's inexcusable. There are plenty of examples.

I totally think she was lazy.
Will one conservative on here admit that Trump is a low life ? Maybe you like his policies, but he's a pathological lying, low life. Just one of you....

Clayton_Wetters
03-31-2020, 02:35 PM
No he isn't. You just choose to believe it. Your choices are not wise.

jr29
03-31-2020, 02:37 PM

"Your choices are not wise". Who are you. ....Chief Jay Strongbow?
Thanks for playing.

mcarter815
03-31-2020, 02:52 PM

This is a special kind of delusional.

dirtMAN007
03-31-2020, 03:01 PM

that ship that they think has sailed had turn around and come back to port ! all that is far from over ! THANK YOU JUDICIAL WATCH !!!!

BloomerWon
03-31-2020, 03:09 PM

This response clearly demonstrates the actual delusion and thought process...

Barbecueboy
03-31-2020, 03:59 PM

Said the man with a garage full of toilet paper , make up removing wipes and powdered milk.

Barbecueboy
03-31-2020, 04:02 PM
I wasn't reluctant at all. She never went to Wisconsin and that's inexcusable. There are plenty of examples.

Will one conservative on here admit that Trump is a low life ? Maybe you like his policies, but he's a pathological lying, low life. Just one of you....
She was lazy as were almost every one of her Sr. Campaign advisors......they all thought she would win by a landslide.

And she didn't.....thus the runaway butthurt trump virus running rampant amongst the party.

JayD
03-31-2020, 05:49 PM
My wife and I are looking forward to receiving our republican socialism checks, I do know they can better control me that way buy hey I like money.

Barbecueboy
03-31-2020, 08:39 PM
I've never gotten anything like this in my life......would it be bad if I splurged and put it towards a new 4 wheeler for race season?

Or would that be too stereotypical?

Clayton_Wetters
03-31-2020, 08:53 PM

She wasn't lazy as much as she didn't want to fall or have a coughing marathon. haahahahahaa

She's not a fit person....

ZERO25
03-31-2020, 09:26 PM
She wasn't lazy as much as she didn't want to fall or have a coughing marathon. haahahahahaa

She's not a fit person....

Doesn't that apply to every Democrat????

cjsracing
03-31-2020, 10:00 PM
I've never gotten anything like this in my life......would it be bad if I splurged and put it towards a new 4 wheeler for race season?

Or would that be too stereotypical?

Not sure how old you are but in 2008 Bush sent out stimulus checks because of a pending recession.

The 2020 round of checks are setup just like the 2008 checks. Essentially a tax credit for the 2020 tax return was created. But instead of waiting for people to utilize the tax credit on their 2020 tax returns they are sending the check now (just like they did in 2008). Sorry I am a CPA and have been researching this to explain how it will affect my clients.