PDA

View Full Version : 20,000 PLUS in June?

dirtyboy
03-31-2020, 10:11 PM
What does everyone think the odds are that a racetrack will be allowed to host 20,000 plus people this June?

TUTY
03-31-2020, 10:20 PM
Not very good.

One Man Gang
03-31-2020, 10:30 PM
It might be possible but location may play a big factor I certainly hope this sh!t has evaporated by then

One Man Gang
03-31-2020, 10:36 PM
I just hope I can go to a race in June if I’m not prison, rehab or a psych ward by then

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-01-2020, 04:20 AM
Eldoras odds are not great.

TerryM
04-01-2020, 04:57 AM
I'm just hoping for August/September. I don't see anything happening before then.

Pennsboro32
04-01-2020, 06:59 AM
My anxiety is through the roof with no racing, and no sports.

turnleftandgasit
04-01-2020, 07:41 AM
If we do get to a racing season, every track will be scheduling over each other. I will not attend any rescheduled races that impede upon a scheduled event. I don't think it is right what they are doing with the Slocum 50. All these rescheduled events are gonna do, is splinter the fields and send drivers out in search of a race to cherry pick.

GEAR_HEAD
04-01-2020, 07:52 AM
Constitutionally these governors can't stop people from assembling. They're acting like they can now, but people will only take having their Constitutional rights taken away for so long. I would say before June these unconstitutional shut downs will have to end to avoid serious civil unrest.

manwplan
04-01-2020, 08:01 AM
If we do get to a racing season, every track will be scheduling over each other. I will not attend any rescheduled races that impede upon a scheduled event. I don't think it is right what they are doing with the Slocum 50. All these rescheduled events are gonna do, is splinter the fields and send drivers out in search of a race to cherry pick.

As long as the races aren't too close to each other in the regions that they split up fans this isn't a bad thing. More opportunities for race teams to make some $$$.

Josh Bayko
04-01-2020, 08:03 AM
Only Eldora and Knoxville can even hold 20k+ people, and I doubt the Dream actually gets 20k fans, even on a year with no pandemic. I doubt you see 20+ people at a dirt track until the Knoxville 410 Nationals in August.

Jking24
04-01-2020, 08:23 AM
Eldoras seating capacity is listed as 30,000 i though i read before that they had like 23,000 actual seats and 10,000 plus in general admission areas. I don't know about the dream but i can tell you the world was standing room only

RacingHawkeye
04-01-2020, 09:01 AM
If we do get to a racing season, every track will be scheduling over each other. I will not attend any rescheduled races that impede upon a scheduled event. I don't think it is right what they are doing with the Slocum 50. All these rescheduled events are gonna do, is splinter the fields and send drivers out in search of a race to cherry pick.MLRA is already scheduled to be at 34 the night the Slocum was rescheduled.

zyoung25
04-01-2020, 12:40 PM
Only Eldora and Knoxville can even hold 20k+ people.

I'd add Charlotte to that list as well.

Josh Bayko
04-01-2020, 12:43 PM
I'd add Charlotte to that list as well.

Wikipedia says 14k at Charlotte.

klemmabyna
04-01-2020, 07:39 PM
this virus is no different than the threat of rain to a promoter. better have deep pockets because I don't see sponsors lining up in this market.

NeedforLMspeed
04-01-2020, 08:04 PM
Didn't they take seats out at Charlotte?

champion24
04-04-2020, 10:04 PM
I'm just hoping for August/September. I don't see anything happening before then.

Really Terry? No racing at all before August? I think the Dream is doomed, but I think the World is safe! But we don't know yet! Crazy World these days!

fryefan
04-04-2020, 10:21 PM
What does everyone think the odds are that a racetrack will be allowed to host 20,000 plus people this June?

Not likely. This pandemic is going to get a lot worse, before it starts to get better.

Rocky
04-05-2020, 04:54 AM
Constitutionally these governors can't stop people from assembling. They're acting like they can now, but people will only take having their Constitutional rights taken away for so long. I would say before June these unconstitutional shut downs will have to end to avoid serious civil unrest.

I'm gonna go ahead and call bull ---- on that statement. You should be able to go down to the hardware store and buy a new pistol or rifle while you're picking up fencing material or feed over the counter no questions asked. However, even in states with slightly less unconstitutional laws you still have to fill out forms and wait, show proof of residence, etc, etc, etc. People will stand around and not do a danged thing while their rights to defend home and family are eroded by the day unconstitutionally for decades. People are BEGGING to have their rights taken away and it's always done in the name of safety, what happened after 9-11? Yeah, you got it. There's a few Patriots out there that are willing to get buried for their rights but for the most part it's a pretty danged cowardly world that we live in. If there's civil unrest it will be because people are starving. Or because they think they can get away with robbing people with no consequence.

dirtcrazy4u
04-05-2020, 05:23 AM
Relax, spend time with the people you hold close to you. Race tracks are closed, OMG what am I going to do. SERIOUSLY

I see neighbors sitting out, I see people, small groups of course, having cook outs. Personally, I don't mind this stay at home order. I went over to meet my neighbor that has lived there for 3 yrs. found out he is a steelers football fan like me.

This virus is deadly to many, hey I'm not going to get it. Tell that to the 24 yr old college kid that got interviewed on national tv. He wasn't going to give up his right to party in a beach during spring break. Great minds are young generation have. FYI, that 24 yr old died last week. Shame, d*m shame.

I wonder how many sponsors, racetracks and teams that this virus is going to have a impact on ? Because it's going to happen, like it or not.

dirtyboy
05-19-2020, 09:59 PM
Well now we know....