PDA

View Full Version : Tracks Run your best special .

lazyifoto
04-07-2020, 02:20 AM
When the quarantine is over should all the tracks schedule " Their Best Special" of the year so all or most tracks can get a big show in to help them get through the winter ?
Should tracks run later into the year ? mid to late November day races ?
Or will it cost too much for some tracks to even open for specials doing all it takes to ready a facility for paying customers.

Josh Bayko
04-07-2020, 06:08 AM
If every race is a special, then none of them are special.

Rocky
04-07-2020, 07:21 AM
It really depends on the track. Hopefully the people that go to the races still have enough money to go to a race. None of us want to lose our big races but that might be some time from now when we can do them again. If this (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)e keeps up through September or something, we should leave the gates locked until Florida. I hate the idea that there might not be track championships or a banquet this year though. What we need is for everybody to do whatever it is that keeps the business open and if that's only to run 2 demolition derbies or a monster truck show, that's what the tracks have to do.

Krooser
04-07-2020, 09:02 AM
Many tracks rely on building up a cash reserve early in the year before they dare put on a big show.

All those pit passes, pit stall sales etc. help a bunch.

Promoters with several years of good weather and money management can take a chance. New promoters not so much.

t4g2
04-07-2020, 09:33 AM
I know many tracks in my area depends on summer nationals as it makes their year. So hopefully some can get that in.

MRM
04-08-2020, 09:02 AM
You have to consider how many people will be without a job when this is all over. There could be a bunch of race fans that don't have jobs and won't have any money to go to a race. It's going to be interesting.

PushinTheLimit
04-08-2020, 09:25 AM
If I was a track owner... I would wade back into the racing pool very carefully once they are given the signal to race again. With the reasons to be cautious listed above. I don't think I would want to start off the season after many haven't been working with a big event/race.

manwplan
04-08-2020, 09:37 AM
I think you are going to see a lot of open practices at first to get things rolling again and get the tracks some working capital.